La Toya: Michael Wanted to Teach Bubbles to Talk

7/11/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson spent thousands of dollars on research to see if it was possible to perform a medical procedure on his beloved pet Bubbles that would give him the ability to speak ... this according to an interview with his sister La Toya.

0711_micheal_bubbles_getty
Michael eventually came to realize that any such procedure would be too risky, but not after flying in experts. La Toya told News of the World, "... He wanted to give him vocal chords and asked doctors, 'Can I give him an operation so that I can know what his thoughts are?'"

La Toya says the most Bubbles ever mustered up was the occasional bark or grunt.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Chris

We should boycott TMZ over all the unrelenting coverage of Michael Jackson. It's ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. Who wants to hear about Michael Jackson 24/7 for years on end?! Let him REST IN PEACE.

awards

Michael gave Bubbles Jesus Juice?

Tara

Calling Dr. Frankenson

gimmeabreak

OMG this is so Michael Jackson, what an ignorant fruit loop he was! Good riddance...the world is abetter place without him.

To bad Bubbles didn't go apesh*t and bite his face off a long time ago!

Trish

I wish my 5 dogs could sing. I wish my angel fish could tell jokes. I wish my hampster Lilly could laugh. Hahaha... What a looney tune.

mjfan212

YOU KNOW TMZ YOU REALLY ARE A PIECE OF **** NICE WAY TO SHOW RESPECT TO THE MAN WHO BOOSTED YOUR FAME I'M PRETTY SURE SHE SAID OTHER GOOD THINGS ABOUT MICHAEL BUT YOU WANT TO POST **** THAT WOULD MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A ASS IDK WHY YOU GUYS CALL HIM WEIRD FOR WANTED TO SEE IF THE CHIMP CAN TALK BUT SAY NOTHING TO THE PPL WHO THINK HUMANS COME FROM CHIMPS

sharonlynnmc1

No this is not sooooo Michael Jackson.... This is sooooo LaToya Jackson..... God people get your crap straight before you open you mouth. Not only does the media make Michael look stupid and tell lies but his family does the same thing!!!! Ughhhhhhhhh

Rastus

He musta been whacked out on his meds is all I can say.

Elle Duffie

i could see where he would think dr's could make his monkey talked, they did take him from being a black man to a white woman!!!!

emmmna

this is Michael who wants to be funny and not TMZ, TMZ send us what Michael choose to whrite, funny Michael as you are , I kove when you imagine history like this, LOVE:):):) emna

Juke Box

NEWS OF THE WORLD IS TABLOID TRASH.

emmmna

funny MICHAEL, it's michael and not latoya, bubbles means AFRICA, to day on 11 july in south of africa, love michael:):):) emna

Craig Swinson

LaToya must have a loan payment coming due!

mel

So TMZ is quoting from NEWS OF THE WORLD, now? The biggest and worst tabloid of them all, in which 99.99% percent of the stories are made up and purely fictional? TMZ must really be more desperate than I thought. Sad.

aston

I don't know if this is true - and if it is, if it was Michael joking - but the fact is that there has been legit research going on for decades trying to learn to communicate with chimps. So he wouldn't have been the only one wanting to do it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments