Oksana Allegedly Told Dentist -- It Was Mel

7/12/2010 5:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0712_oksana_EX_getty_01Oksana Grigorieva claims she told her dentist Mel Gibson knocked her teeth out the day after the alleged incident ... sources tell TMZ ... but there's a problem.

TMZ broke the story, Oksana claimed Mel knocked one tooth out and chipped another during an explosive argument on January 6.  We're told Mel denies doing it.

The tape that Oksana secretly recorded with Mel during the showdown catches Mel saying, "You f**king deserved it."

Here's what's interesting about the dentist ... We're told the dentist never reported the incident to police.  Under California law (Penal Code Section 11160), a health practitioner must report to police when the professional "reasonably suspects ... assaultive or abusive conduct" against a "spouse or cohabitant."

Sources tell us Mel and Oksana were indeed cohabitants on January 6.

The dentist could be a critical witness if Gibson is prosecuted for domestic violence.  The failure to report could become a big issue.

Pua

I don't judge either person, but WHO in thier right mind, gets their teeth knocked out and goes to the dentist and never reports to the police that they have been violently assaulted to the point of loosing a body part, first??????

This is Hollywood were talking about here, something like this happens and there are photos, reports, charges,..but she goes to the dentist?????

Both are loony, one is a known drunk with issues, the other seems to be a gold digger caught with her hand on the shovel.

Dan

Oksana sounds like a $$ grubbing piece of dirty skank if you ask me

ohreally

Both of them are in the wrong if you ask me... just for different reasons.

shadough

So why didn't she call the police as soon as he hit her? I'm a little sick of this story when a pedophile is forgiven in Hollywood, and Charlie Sheen called his wife the n-word as well.
Drunkeness and debauchery is nothing new in Hollyweird.

deanna1

Come on TMZ, you're suppose to be a lawyer I thought, you can't just accuse somebody...this Oksana has a long history of NOT telling the truth, she was/is an opportuntist amongst other things other men friends have called her, one being a liar.
So, come on now...dig dirt on her as well. Its pretty easy to keep blaming Mel Gibson for everything since the 'Passion of the Christ' that Hollywood executives have/has a big problem with to this very day. In my opinion, they should have included her with the other Russians (spies) and shipped her behind back to Russia...just sayin...

flip[wilson

It's obvious that Oksana is goading mel on the tape...she knows she's recording and is literally directing the conversation, pushing mel's buttons...he's obviously upset about something she said or did, and she's stonewalling him, enraging him...obviously mel has a temper and once you know that you can push him into outer space...when you're that pissed you'll say a lot of hurtful things and threaten this and that...doesn't mean you intend on carrying them out...also, he doesn't admit hitting her, she's the one who says it, and he kind of follows along on a theoretical basis...her broken english is used conevniently to mislead mel into her "hitting" routine.
All these tapes do is show a guy being driven crazy by a selfish, sel-seeking, star/gold-digger. Mel's mistake... falling for this fake Russian ho...and what a mistake it was... I for one feel sorry for you,Mel. You need a friend, man... you need one bad...but don't worry.. a lot of people, I'm sure, can see through this ho's scheme.

Lynn M

Brightside-

She has the right to go to the police. She didn't but has used these ILLEGAL tapes to extort Mel for months while living in his house, which he clearly allowed for the benefit of his child. The child was not in danger unless she put the child in danger.

I might add, she failed to come forward with these tapes in front of three powerful attorney/judges which amounts to a failure to protect if she truly felt Mel was a threat to Lucia.

Sounds like Mel was right. She was untrust-worthy.

Again, we really don't know what really occurred on the day in question. Is it possible that Oksana was endangering his daughter by running around with the baby like a ragdoll? I'm willing to set aside judgement on the "hitting" claims until the facts are out.

Charity

You should have an option on your poll that you don't believe either of them ... they are Both complete Tools

hardcoresarah

I listened to the tape. Mel sounds like a raving lunatic, there is no denying that it was not him. He sounds like he is losing his mind. Is anyone sure he doesn't have Alzheimer's? Mel was doing better with his first wife, he wanted to stray, he wanted to play, he wanted to feel young and avoid growing old, he got what he deserved with his mistress who he made his wife. He doesn't want her anymore, he doesn't love her anymore. So, does Mel think he is a great catch, he needs to look in the mirror, he isn't exactly the creme de la creme.

madeline

Hmmm.... She was photographed at an event with Mel in February after this all took place.

Janet

This has woke me up! My new husband speaks to me this way. We both listened to it separately and I asked him about it. He actually thinks it is "ok" to talk to her like this - because he says she has an adgenda. He thinks Oksana is the bad one in this situation. I'm not saying she is totally inocent because it almost appears she does have a agenda but maybe also she is scared of him and needed proof that he is really like this! Who would have believed her? My husband easily speaks to me this way all the time. He thinks he is never wrong and belittles me worse then what Mel did in this tape. No he doesn't hit me but I think I need to get out. I am so busy crying when my husband is screaming at me that I never really had time to think of how he really talks to me. There is one good thing to come from this and its showing to get out.

BelleBlont

Lets see if someone is worth about a Billion dollars there are plenty of looney toons waiting to land you and use you because of your money!

Gene

Why didn't this woman call the police? Why didn't she file police reports for assault? Why did she tape and photo all this, and then sit on it for months? In one tape she threatens to expose all this, like she knows exactly what she is doing, months in advance! These calls are disturbing, but I have stopped to think, and I have to wonder, what led up to these calls. He says on one tape, Don't hang up on me. So did the call start out nice on his part, and she provoked and then hung up on him, thereby enraging him? Or did she hang up because he was verbally berating her and if so, why would she even answer the phone again and let this go on, without calling police? She is just as guilty and evil as he is. They both are sick and twisted and the baby needs to be removed from her custody, and put up for adoption by a nice sane family.

Gene

Wow, I just listened to this tape where he threatened to hit her upside the head with a baseball bat. Dear God, this man is beyond sick, he is demon possessed, seriously, he is demon possessed. He needs an exorcism. He admits to being drunk and disorderly and hitting her on the tape. No amount of PR is going to clear this. Now I understand why none of his children or ex wife will come forward in his defense. He is one mean drunken devil and a dangerous man. He has hit the abyss of degradation and only God can help him now.

Imrydenk

Go to Radaronline and listen to the audio; I'm not saying she's a saint, but you'll definitely feel different about this when you listen to the idiot verbally abuse her. I don't care WHO you are or how despicable you find someone...no one, and I mean NO ONE deserves to be talked to like that. When news of his flailing relationship started I laughed hysterically, thinking it served him right to leave Robin for this woman. Now, I wonder how in the world ANYONE could have been married to this man for almost 30 years.

EVERYONE should boycott this maniacs movies and refuse to pay a dime to see anything he stars in or produces. I know I’ll never put money in his pocket again!

I truly hope that he does some time for this.