Tony Curtis Hospitalized --

Breathing Problems

7/13/2010 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Tony Curtis has been hospitalized outside of Las Vegas since last week -- after experiencing breathing problems during a local appearance.

0713_tony_curtis_EXD_getty_2
Sources close to the actor tell TMZ Tony -- who suffers from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- was at a Henderson, NV Costco on Wednesday debuting his latest artwork products when he began to have trouble breathing.

We're told Tony was taken to a local hospital ... where he's still holed up while doctors conduct tests.

Sources say Tony is in stable condition and will hopefully be released soon.

Trish

I shop at that Costco. Get well Tony.

maggie

Ahhh, he was such a handsome man in his day. Not that he isn't a nice looking older man. Get well soon!

barb

I didn't know he was still alive. Never hear about him.. AGE is a serious Bitch

northern gypsy

awww...too bad...i just finnished his biography and really enjoyed it...
he's not only a actor...but a artist...
so really if it's check-out time for him...it's never been dull life !!!

flowers

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIS FACE?!?!?!
SHADES OF KENNY ROGERS IMO.

Mimi from Indy

I was just thinking about him the other day wondering what he was doing. Now I know. COPD is nothing to take lightly. When you can't breath that is serious stuff. I have asthma and I know what that feels like. Extreme temps can trigger an attach too as well as pollen in the air and any other types of air pollution. I hope he gets well soon.

JC

Tony was lucky! On Sunday LVMPD shot and killed a shopper leaving the Costco in Summerlin.

CCC

Just watched The Great Race with Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood and Jack Lemmon the other night. Still one of the funniest movies ever made. My hope is that he gets better and will live another dozen years or more. If you've never seen him in The Great Race or Some Like It Hot, check them out. You're sure to get a laugh.

ohdee

It's amazing that he's still alive - "Some Like it Hot" was made over 50 years ago. Marilyn has been gone nearly 50 years and Jack died nearly 10 years ago.

COPD is an awful disease - get well, Tony!

Doug

Best wishes for his complete recovery. A very talented and very sweet man. I once took my aging mom to a book signing he did and he was so nice to her, volunteering to pose for a photo. Absolutely charming, witty and one of the screen's greatest!

d829

Bernie Schwartz from the Bronx...gott love tony curtis...get well

QueenBoudica

He was my first serious *love* when I was little. I've pretty much dated only guys who looked liked Tony Curtis my whole life.....still so SO handsome... still love him today!

Get well Tony. From MANY well wishers who adore your movies!

c

HOLY ****!!! Tony Curtis is still alive?!

Stacy Harris

It's a classic line from Leave it to Beaver: I haven't seen the episode in decades, but I believe Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell) is watching Tony Dow (Wally Cleaver) combing his hair or otherwise primping, prompting this wisecrack from "Eddie" to "Wally": "Who do you think you are? Tony Curtis?"

Stacy Harris
Publisher/Executive Editor
Stacy's Music Row Report

Stacy Harris

It's a classic line from Leave it to Beaver: I haven't seen the episode in decades, but I believe Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell) is watching Tony Dow combing his hair or otherwise primping, prompting this wisecrack from "Eddie": "Who do you think you are? Tony Curtis?"

Stacy Harris