Robyn Gibson Supports Mel in Court

7/15/2010 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife, Robyn, has written a sworn declaration on behalf of Mel, saying he has never physically abused her or any of their children in the 28 years they were married ... TMZ has learned.

0714_mel_gibson_robyn_ex_getty
We've learned in the declaration, Robyn writes, "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."  Robyn also says there was never any domestic violence perpetrated by Mel against any of their children.

Yesterday, Robyn was spotted out running errands in Malibu.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
We've learned the declaration was filed with the court this morning.  We're told Robyn's declaration will also be submitted to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department when Mel's lawyers present their evidence to deputies next week.

In the 1-page declaration, Robyn acknowledges that she is divorcing Mel but says,  "Mel was a wonderful and loving father."

Robyn -- who is widely respected in Hollywood -- could ultimately be very powerful ammo for Mel.

0715_robyn_gibson_footer

Lhc

Of course, she doesn't want this chick cutting into her money.

seth

You Wanna get outta here, you talk to me.

-Mad Max-Road Warrior

mat

With all of the doubts about the character of this child's parents; shouldn't the court be a little more cautious? I think each of them should under go a psychological evaluation. I know little about the mother's background, but the father has a history of substance abuse. His judgement and behavior have been increasingly erratic over the last few years. She may have
a history of nuttiness too. Why are people like this always so fertile?

MIMI

A Loving parner bring out the best in you. Mels Melt down didn't just happen while ex is so calm, this is a hurt man with a bad temper who was a easy set up..let this be a lession to all those out there with uncontrolable tempers.what are we all capable of saying when we feel used ,abused, scammed outof our money, he's being held hostage with his baby. we know mel has been a loving good father his childrenthey mean everything to him. mels crazy rant was anger at himself for being such a fool ,for allowing this to happen.Mel needs some anger man..and a good honest loving women! He had one he just blew it.Im praying for Mel and his family this affects all of them. Why would Ox go public and disgrace and embarass his children? I think we all know why.

Nancy Cornett

Follow the money #14. Robyn is probably known in Hollywood as the long-suffering wife and "Why does she put up with that?" A lot of people, men and women, would put up with a heck of a lot for $$$$$$$$millions.

truth

polanski anally rapes a 13 year old and raped another actress when she was 15...and all of hollywood screams about him being finally tried...
guess mel is just in the wrong tribe

willie

she got fat - he should beat her.

thunderbyrd

Well I must say.....I have my doubts about all this stuff. Mel DOES have some issues......he needs to get a handle on the booze. But also, I think he was set up. Obvious, this oxy is just a manipulating gold digger. And Mel was thinking with his wrong head when he hooked up with her. Should have known better. She's gonna take his butt to the cleaners. Now....let me add my opinion to whatever's on tape. When you are angry at a spouse, some pretty unholy things get said. I was married to a boozer, who WAS violent, ugly, mean. Started fights even when he was sober. I am an easygoing, dignified, nonviolent person, would not hurt a fly. HOWEVER. After listening to HOURS of his vile bullsh_t, I would get pushed beyond the limits of human endurance. If some of our fights had been recorded, my screeching voice would have been heard wishing him dead in a variety of heinous ways. I am on Mel's side. He is a brilliant director and actor, and I will always support him. This manipulative gold digger took him for a ride. She ought to be kicked out without a dime.....and maybe Mel will have learned something thru it all. Get your butt to AA, Mel, and start thinking with your big brain and not your little one.

Cate

Doesn't matter what soon to be ex says, she is not the one who has been threatened and abused. What matters is what Oksana can prove.

Senior Advisor

This is just a Hollywood distraction. And, it affects no one else. Here is something a little more important to EVERYone ... WHAT IS TAXED . COM

Mike in Maryland

Did you folks LISTEN TO THESE TAPES? She is clear as a bell and he sounds like he is calling from 1955 - THEY ARE FAKES! Now experts are looking at them and Oh my gosh! They think they were altered! This chick is nothing but a high dollar w***e trying to extort $.

Linda

For all you people saying Mel admitted to hitting her - if you are keeping updated with the court actions - the tape has been identified with forenics as being "tampered" with. Which means the tape was cut and pasted. So you don't know if he admitted to that - they could of been talking about something else. You will notice on the tape where her voice is really clear - nearly dubbed in - she made the tape (which is damaging no doubt) into what she wanted people to think they heard. In my opinion a court of law - once they know it was cut and pasted as well as a demand of 10 Million - they will throw it out - you may see charges against her. So take your robes off (since your the judge) and wait a spell for all the evidence.

WriteLoudly

“Check out her "Evening with Daddy video, she all but screams she's a gold digger, getting her own before heading back to Russia. It's a shocking video!” She set him up and knocked him down.”

nata

It is clear that he abused Oksana, the tapes are there. However, I do believe there is more to the story. I do not condone abuse in any kind, but I don't think she is the sole victim of an evil-abusive man. Of curse, those tapes are bias. I don't like Gibson, but she is not a victim either.

Pat

Is this the guy who was counciling Brittny Spears?? Still I'm on your side, Mel.

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments