Robyn Gibson Supports Mel in Court

7/15/2010 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife, Robyn, has written a sworn declaration on behalf of Mel, saying he has never physically abused her or any of their children in the 28 years they were married ... TMZ has learned.

0714_mel_gibson_robyn_ex_getty
We've learned in the declaration, Robyn writes, "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."  Robyn also says there was never any domestic violence perpetrated by Mel against any of their children.

Yesterday, Robyn was spotted out running errands in Malibu.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
We've learned the declaration was filed with the court this morning.  We're told Robyn's declaration will also be submitted to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department when Mel's lawyers present their evidence to deputies next week.

In the 1-page declaration, Robyn acknowledges that she is divorcing Mel but says,  "Mel was a wonderful and loving father."

Robyn -- who is widely respected in Hollywood -- could ultimately be very powerful ammo for Mel.

0715_robyn_gibson_footer

PEB

Mel’s ex stated: "Mel was a wonderful and loving father." "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."

What she DID NOT STATE that Mel never EMOTIONALLY ABUSED her, that he had AFFAIRS. She DID NOT STATE that he was a wonder and loving HUSBAND!

Carrie

I don't believe her. Don't believe one word she is saying.

Angie

I never heard of a woman not telling their long term boyfriend about their breast implant. This proves she is a superficial, dishonest and untrustworthy person. Mel is frustrated and angry because he was used, misled and lied to. She knew he disliked certain types of clothing etc.. and she deliberately provoked the power of tolerance to create an opportunity for her tape.
Angie

fender

Why blame the Russian? he left his wife for another women he deserves what he gets gold digger or not. how much do you think he paid his ex to help out?

Cathy Dawn

Mrs. Gibson states that there was no physical abuse. She says nothin about menta, emotional, or verbal abuse. I listen to the tapes and hear my ex-husband...same incoherent degrading vile rants to the point of his own physical exhaustion. To the rest of the world he was clever, witty, and patient but behind closed doors...Personality disorders are digenerative. They intensify with age. The effectiveness of drugs changes and has to be constantly regulated and tweeked. He didnt hit a child or is wife three years ago doesnt mean his manic state couldnt work into that now or a certain button was pushed knowingly or not there is no excuse. Of course the girlfriend knew she was taping but these rants are real; they're frightening; and no one would have beleived her if they didnt hear it for themselves.

Sickmund Fruendberg

Sarah Tx you are one presumptuous d bag. What the hell do you know about Mel's marriage separation or agreement with his wife? I know one thing women get pretty pissed off and get the money- no book deal for Robyn-no movie for Robyn not a word- its not the money maybe its because she is not having babies with married guys and then carrying a tape recorder around as protection- again good ole natasha didnt sound to scared to me when he called her a C- IF he called her that- but then again dont let me confuse you with any logic sweetie just castrate the male because he finally saw through the russian. In fact if he said those things he was wrong- shes worse for taping all of it and releasing it to the press or having someone do it for her- obviously he understood her better then you do lol

Brutorious

To the poster who said that Mel "admitted hitting Oksana" - MEL DID NO SUCH THING!! Mel did NOT ever say on the tapes that he had hit her. Also - for what he does say - the tapes sound very manipulated to me!!

Mark

Mel
Can be a good guy. But when your an alcoholic everything can and will spiral out of control. I wish him nothing but happiness in his life. His girlfriend is using him for money. But as the saying goes, no piece of Ass is free. And when your worth 500-1 billion as Mel is, well, guess who will be hanging around. I commend his ex for being a woman of courage and supporting him
God Bless

Allie

Your right #556. It's a tuff society and to get the basic staples of life Russians have to be ruthless. This woman knew how to get what she wanted, and she had a planned she just needed the right old fool. Mel fell into the trap and got his azzz whipped. I don't know why he thought she was in love with him!! He was essentially entering into a business arrangement, she got his money and he got to display his manhood by showing the world his prize. He just didn't know that his old manhood was not prized but his money was. Fair exchange, his mistake was in thinking that he was loved, most of these old guys know these young woman love their money not them so they get a prenup. He deserves what he is getting he is a fool.

Michelle

You know if you listen to the tapes they do sound quite obviously tampered with. The gaps in it couldve been her saying crazy stuff that she had taken out. Then parts sound spliced together. Her own dentist won't back her on the supposed dental damage. I mean seriously people he does sound hurt in his voice because he realized she was just using him. It is sad really that this psychobitch golddigger, is giving us good sane women a bad name. It really makes me sick. If shes tampered tapes or had them tampered and its found out shes trying to extort, which really seems obvious anyway.. I hope she serves time in jail and then put her in an insane asylum. Good luck to you Mel. I hope it all goes well for you.

Bryan Abbott

The fact that this girl professionally recorded and sold voice recordings of Mel Gibson to a sleazy online tabloid should be proof positive that Mel hooked up with a nutcase and she finally got to him. Everyone has a breaking point and some of you out there have certainly been in relationships with the "wrong person" and paid dearly for doing so. I have. Most men I know can cite at least one relationship in which they inadvertently became entangled with an emotionally disturbed woman. An intelligent emotionally disturbed woman can drive you to the brink. A moneyed emotionally unstable woman that is married to a celebrity in Los Angeles is a lucrative client for sleazy lawyers and magazines. I'll take the opinion of his first wife which was formed over 28 years. The Bimbo that is marketing his dirty laundry for cash has already illustrated her lack of good character by doing so. Mel is a man, he's behaving like a man that is cornered, being manipulated and "poked at with a sharp stick". He's wrong to say some of the things he has said but I have to say, given the same cir***stance, I can't say with any certainty how I would react.
I think it's a shame that our society feeds off of the misery of others, "celebrity misery" feels the same to them as it does to non-celebrities but their misery gets printed on the front page of the newspaper. Imagine if you can for just one moment, the way you would feel to see your worst moments publicized world wide for everyone to see. It's shameful.

G Stephens

God Bless you Robin Gibson - I was waiting to see if you would come forward on his behalf and confirm that he has NEVER committed domestic violence in all your years together. You are a woman to be respected. I hope Mel finds his way back from the dark place to which he has been driven and when he does I hope he finds his way back to you and his family. Let us not forget that this is human being in trouble. I continue to hope for the best for Mel and for his baby girl.

carl

Let this be a lesson to you. A gold digger can pretend to love you, and have you in her trap before you realize what's happening. They are masters at manipulation and deception. Remember: A venus fly trap SMELLS GOOD to the fly!

Sickmund Fruendberg

Since when does having a baby disqualify a woman from being a criminal, an abuser, a lunatic, a junkie, an alkie, or a grifter? This has always been the TOOL to get what you what when you want it and pretend to be the Madonna. Every woman knows this- If I hear one more time that having sex with a married man and pushing out a child elevates a grifter to sainthood I will throw up!! These recordings are a set up. She is calmer then springtime almost laughing while he is going berserk- as if the manipulation of her voice clear as a bell is a voice over in a sound studio. Nailing rich guys is a good living and eventually if you set the guy up and gather ye feminists to crucify him- you and your lawyer will collect a little paydirt! Mel is nothing more then a played lottery ticket and he doesnt want to believe it and yet he knows it-
so he's super pissed. Funny only in this country if you call a female who might be a criminal a bad name- you become the criminal no questions asked lol. IF MEL WAS SO BAD WHY HAVE A KID WITH HIM??? HE CERTAINLY WAS DRINKING WHEN HE MET HER! NOW SHE SITS BACK WITH HER LAWYER HOLDS OUT THE BARREL TO COLLECT THE FORTUNE. THESE CASES ARE LIKE SLIP AND FALL- AND ALWAYS A DEGENERATE MORAL LESS LAWYER TO REPRESENT THE CON WOMAN OR CON MAN!!

blue ay

Notice how she says no PHYSICAL abuse. Now if she will just also clarify that he was not VERBALLY abusing anyone either there might be a more little credibility. I am sure she is divorcing Mel because he is just SO wonderful. Cut me a break - I am sure she is jealous that Mel left her and now she is trying to play her own card.

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments