Robyn Gibson Supports Mel in Court

7/15/2010 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife, Robyn, has written a sworn declaration on behalf of Mel, saying he has never physically abused her or any of their children in the 28 years they were married ... TMZ has learned.

0714_mel_gibson_robyn_ex_getty
We've learned in the declaration, Robyn writes, "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."  Robyn also says there was never any domestic violence perpetrated by Mel against any of their children.

Yesterday, Robyn was spotted out running errands in Malibu.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
We've learned the declaration was filed with the court this morning.  We're told Robyn's declaration will also be submitted to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department when Mel's lawyers present their evidence to deputies next week.

In the 1-page declaration, Robyn acknowledges that she is divorcing Mel but says,  "Mel was a wonderful and loving father."

Robyn -- who is widely respected in Hollywood -- could ultimately be very powerful ammo for Mel.

0715_robyn_gibson_footer

Mary

I agree with Sickmund that the issue here is the physical abuse, but I totally disagree with the idea that all relationships and/divorces share mental abuse as part of the norm. There is a huge difference between an argument, disagreement over a cheeseburger or anything else and mental abuse. A mental abuser does not show respect for the core of the person he or she is abusing. Most adults show respect to each other even in an argument. There is fair fighting and mental abuse by a bully. Mental abusers don't break bones. They just break the soul and self esteem. That is far more difficult to recover from.

flowymac

you say for the press to stop following her around, she is posing for them... she is the one asking to be photographed... I am not standing up for Mel GIBSO, but somethimes people like to take advantage of this kind of thing...if this really happened, then keep it in the courts but to broadcast your personal affairs tells me you want attention

Sickmund Fruendberg

589- what i meant was any lawyer or screaming woman or man can say mental abuse- and they do- but physical must be demonstrated. Anyone can claim mental abuse- i know the definition and so do you but it doesnt stop people from crying wolf and labeling even an off color joke as sexual harassment and mental abuse and receiving dollars for it.

Johnk

Let me start out by saying I wouldn’t believe this woman if she lay on a bed of bibles. Does Mel have a temper? Clearly, listen to the tapes in all of them she is calm, collected, she is saying things that she claims he has done to her and he doesn’t respond to any of them, nor does he admit doing anything to her, not once does he say I beat you down once and I’ll do it again. he is on a rant clearly provoked by a clam woman taping a conversation intentionally to use against him to get money.
I had a similar girlfriend we would argue about something then she would go to her friends and tell then I hit her. One time I came into the living room to catch her hitting herself in the forehead with a giant trophy and when I caught her she starts screaming ‘see I’m going to tell everyone what you did to me.’

janine

The first thing that I said when I heard the b****j** rant, complete with growl, and promise to burn the house down, was I wonder how damaged his ex wife of 30 years is. Men don't get like that overnight, I have been with too many abusive men like Mel, abusive, insecure, psycho, out of control, controlling, crazy man whore. They start at an early age learning how to make their women feel small and keep them in line. He is a douche and I will never watdh anything with him in it again.

Jay Adler

I kind of alluded in my original comment to the focal point on Mel Gibson's plight. Believe me, I own a small business and unquestionably, TMZ is an entertainment site that I enjoy very much,they are doing what they do best which is to beat the drums on this. The Internet, however is waxing ex tactic about he said she said stuff regarding Mel and his troubles. Okay, all of this speculative banter is unofficial and will not affect Mel's descent from stardom. We all should remember that what is most important is that Mel needs to get well however the professionals deem to be the best way to accomplish mental health. He could come roaring back.

Treva

Let me say first that it takes two in all of this. I believe what has happened in all of this is Mel was use to a woman who did not show herself in public for nearly 30 years he was with her and he admitted that the marriage went bad due to somethings he had done, so mental maybe the cause it's always possible we never get along with each other to the fullest doesn't mean he was abusive. Several other men claimed this woman was out for what she can get, thinking Mel got with her she got pregnant used this to tie him down, then more or less says who cares I will do what I want and he will have to accept it cause I have his kid. I am not saying that Mel didn't wig out on her it's very possible as lets face it folks who wants their woman running around like a Jezebel, she would be a bigger target to do things that could harm, not only his career but like he said get her raped or attacked, she is with a star not a common person. I feel that his reaction was of flustration, he says I have told you before...so he had convo's to this effect, plz don't do it. It's like she wanted him to be jealous, pissed off or upset. Some women can drive a man to react in ways they might never do, trying to be objective of course. I have to say Mel didn't handle it the way he could have, but don't think he is this woman beater everyone makes him out to be....hard to see he hasn't been up on charges before now...I think all the stress of divorce, movie issues, moving issues, and daily life has taken it's toll out on this man...sounds like a step back and adjustments in his life really are in order here. If your out there lets face it, gets alot harder to be normal, so things are escalated even more for him. As for the woman she is a nobody really someone that seems to be using the situation to benefit herself instead of figuring out how to get out of that relationship and move on...of which she could have, you dont' have to stay with someone that is treating u bad, I know I have been there before and you are the only one that dictates the situation, been abused, and mentally hurt. I know everyone will say well he is a star has alot more money could track her down, but i say by the convo's he didn't want to he was ready to get her out of his life and see his child only and she was pushing the issue, like ur married i have child and u can't make me go..and he snapped..good luck Mel I hope you get things back on the even keel soon.

SAPPHIREE

SHE IS A TRAMP AND THE TAPES ARE EDITED. I HOPE MEL WINS GO MEL

Cynthia

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that she could say or do that justifies his behavior. He is an emotionally abusive Man and possibly a physically abusive one as well. And his first wife raised his 8 kids, so i would say she did a lot of work.
to the poster who says she hasn't worked a day in her life. It's amazing to me how many people blame the victim. I do not care what she did or said, he is a totally abusive jerk.

bob

I AM MARRIED TO A RUSSIAN FROM RUSSIA. SHE IS AN ANGEL . I HAVE BEEN TO RUSSIA 8 TIME'S AND THIS LADY MEL GOT INVOLVED WITH LOOK'S LIKE ONE OF THE CHEAP HOOKER'S I HAVE SEEN ALL OVER RUSSIA.
I AM SHOCKED WITH HIS GOOD LOOK'S AND MONEY WHAT THE HECK DID HE SEE IN THIS BIG NOSE UGLY HOOKER FACE SHARK. SHE IS WITH THE RUSSIAN MAFIA. IT IS A WAY FOR HER TO GET SOME DOLLAR'S
SHE LOOK'S LIKE GARBAGE WITH MAKE UP AND SHE HAS TO LOOK AFUL BAD WITHOUT MAKEUP. I FEEL SORRY FOR MEL HE HAS A SWEET WIFE HE SHOULD STAY WITH HER IF SHE WILL HAVE HIM.

Ginaelise

I keep thinking what Mother who loves her child would put her through what this poor child is going to suffer when she first hears these tapes of her Mom and Dad fighting horribly. And the argument that she is just trying to save her child is frivolous, if she was so afraid of Mel why does she constantly provoke him, example when she said "BEA! Your going to get yours". That is Russian slang, and very rude). Then she repeatedly says no one will tell you the truth about yourself," I could mention at least 10 more times she provoked him, it is so dam obvious, that is hilarious. If that is not a outright provocation I don't know what is.

And regarding the glass broken in the bedroom neither the Mother or Mel's son were in the room when it happened, she could have been trying to smother the baby, saying your not going to have the baby because I will kill her first. The point is, no-one knows what provoked whatever happened, we don't even know if he threw the chair, maybe she threw the chair. Again, nobody knows. The Mother only came in supposedly in the aftermath.

Oksana was also ordered to say nothing to the Press and yet all these details keep leaking out, If I was the Judge I would hold her in contempt, she shows such disrespect for the legal system and this entire thing is way out of control. Radar online is the sleaziest so-called news organization, If I was Mel Gibson after I won the custody battle I would go after Radar Online. TMZ is the only ones that are reporting this fairly, they are neither slanted for her or for him.

If he really did hit her he should be held accountable, but so far every piece of evidence that we know so far stinks of fraud and extortion.

karen

comment 599. you are absolutely right. I completely support mel. no proven evidence of any kind here to make me feel different.

karen

now that i hear the the tapes have been tampered with and it is proven that she just wants money, then how can all of you still be so hard on mel? there is more in his favor than hers. you have to prove that it is him on the tapes and so far experts are saying that the tapes have been altered. i mean if this is mel, did she wait everytime she thought he was drinking and then call to get him angry then record? if he is phsycially abusive, why hold your baby in his face where she could get hurt? why is she now bringing out different information that wasn't told in the beginning and she is changing some of her stories. she wanted money from mel or she was going to release the tapes. i do not blame him for not giving it to her because she could be using them forever to get more and more money from him. the case needs to be dropped on mel and he needs to control his alcohol and stay away from gold diggers or just stay single. Can't wait for your next movie mel !! :) and if he is such a racist, then maybe he should not date russians. he still has the support of his black friends anyway.

Sharonkay

Please give me a break. Anywhere in what she says does it say he never MENTALLY abused her or the kids growing up? We will never know what this woman lived with all those years. And remember, she is getting a hefty settlement herself in that divorce. I doubt she wants Mel to loose everything......and all of this has nothing to do with being a loving father, which I am sure he was. No matter what you think of the other woman, she has tapes, and the things out of his mouth are vile and threatening.

gmoney

Mel will prevail because good beats evil (over time).

Churchill said it - "Russians are a mystery wrapped inside an enigma wrapped inside a riddle". Surprising though that Mel (and his handlers) were so naive. I have never met a Russian I can trust - personally or professionally. And Russian women, despite being stunningly attractive, are evil. I personally think that they have no souls. Interestingly, Mel states the same in his tapes (as if it is a surprise to him).

I wonder too if the reason the Russian women are stunning when they are young grow and then are disgusting 'babushkas' when they grow old is precisely because they have evil in their souls??

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments