Simon Monjack Dies From Same Cause as Brittany

7/21/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, died from acute pneumonia and severe anemia.

0624_Simon_Monjack_EX_getty_2
The L.A. County Coroner found prescription medications in Simon's blood stream but not enough to be lethal.

Ironically, Brittany died 5 months earlier of pneumonia, anemia and multiple drug intoxication.

We've learned Simon's family in England was advised of his cause of death earlier this morning by the L.A. County Coroner's Office.

UPDATE: Brittany's mom just released this statement:

“I am still in shock and mourning over the deaths of my daughter Brittany and son-in-law Simon. It is with great relief that Simon’s preliminary autopsy findings have been released, so the media speculations can stop… As I was sure of, just like my daughter Brittany there was no kind of drug overdose."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

awards

Death by stupidity? Seems like it is going around!

jadakiss

OMG ITS THE MOM WHOS KILLIN THEM !!!

Ginger

I find this hard to believe but in the end, really don't care.

me2010

It's the Coroner who needs to be investigated. Two identical deaths, come on here!

Violette-Blue

What?! It does make the mom sound a little suspicious though. She didn't help her daughter. Then lived with her daughter's husband and he dies the same EXACT way? That is just too weird a coincidence if you ask me.

Prince Von A-Hole

What, TMZ , not going to drag this innocent mans name through the mud some more? You should be ashamed but as I figured out long ago you have no shame.

TexasGal

I suspect Mommy Dearest as well. She found both of them under the same cir***stances. Let the conspiracy theories begin!

squeakermama

oh yeah, something's stinky here.

John

Looks like APAP got one more... you think he would have learned from his wifes..

John

If he was popping vicodins 5/500 plus on otc Flu drugs the APAP will get you quick.

FDA doesn't want anyone to have 4000mg a day of APAP but in one Vicodin there is 500 to 750mg's then add the tussen and bam....

weak body can not keep your liver going then rest fails quick right after.

Klipper

I hope there's going to be some kind of investigation into this. What the hell are the odds that a young married couple die from something like this so many months apart.
Something or somebody in that house is killing them.

lovethefog

I've read comments accusing Brittany's mom. This is so wrong, she's lost her family.. Try and have some compassion for her.

tmo

hello !!!! they both died from DRUG ABUSE - plain and simple. Just because the drugs were prescribed to them makes them no less lethal. They, like so many others in this country, were addicted to prescription medications and it has become an epidemic. OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICA - we are in trouble here and the only folks who profit are the makers of the pills and the doctors. The rest of us live with the pain and misery of trying to help those we love pick up the pieces...........

sharonlynnmc1

And Brittneys mom was there at the death of both of them....Hmmmmmm.... Makes you wonder???????

Myself

Please tell me it ain't so. Somebody should be looking at the last man standing...the pushy mother with the unsavory background.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments