Bob Barker: I Get Paid Too Much to Diss 'Price'

7/28/2010 2:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Moments after Bob Barker criticized Drew Carey's performance on "Price Is Right" yesterday -- dude issued a statement saying he didn't really mean it and that he hopes Drew does well ... because he's got cash riding on the show.

Bob Barker vs Drew Carey
TMZ first posted the footage yesterday -- in which Bob told us, "[Drew] does the show differently than I did ... I try to make the show really exciting. He doesn’t do that ... he just plays the games.”

But hours later, Bob tried to explain himself to Entertainment Weekly ... saying he would not criticize Drew, CBS or the show's producers "because I have a sizable royalty that I am paid every year this show is on, and it’s going on for years."

Barker added, "I hope this show stays on for years."

As for his criticism of Drew, Barker said, "He’s been charming and complimentary, and he had me on the show to plug my book ... to think that I would say anything derogatory about him is idiocy.”

0728_barker_tmz_v3

Talim

Sounds like somebody got a nice phone call from CBS...

Superman

"...to think that I would say anything derogatory about him is idiocy."

Don't blame everybody else because your ego is an idiot.

janja

Drew is great and not an old perv like bobby b*** J** barker

Deb

This is Breaking News? What a joke.

alia

I'm sure he DOES hope the show stays on for years, since he's receiving royalties....his character is soooo questionable....he doesn't have the best reputation after trying to hit on all his "Price" girls....and Drew was nice enough to plug his book and he disses him like that...shame on you Bob !

Truth

SOUNDS LIKE HE GOT A CALL FROM DREW AND CBS PUBLICISTS... BACK TRACKING IS FUN AINT IT??? BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Truth

DUDE IS 86. HE WILL KICK THE BUCKET SOON ENUFF. NO ONE CARES WHAT THE SENILE OLD MAN HAS TO SAY ANYWAY.

zima

but bob is right drew does suck! that laugh is like a female hyena!

AH

Team Drew!!!!!!

dd

Bob just admit it you had a Senior Moment.

electriczipper

drew sucks..He will never be a Bob Barker or Monte Hall

DeadPlasmaCell

Too late Bob.. You already told us how you really felt, which is fine.. The backtracking is the stupid part because we all know it was forced and just doesn't come off genuine. Homies gotta make dat chedda do sun!

/not gangster

Did tiger sleep with this one also?

wow bob barker is still alive!? drew carey rocks barker is a pervert who was a boring host, drew's funny and great to watch!!!

BallaBlocka

Bob got Alzheimer's. He just sits in his room at the nursing home, gently stroking his pet Pomerainian, saying, "Be sure to keep your pets spayed and neutered!" over and over again, hahahaha....

electriczipper

you really should not laugh at your own jokes..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments