Bob Barker: I Get Paid Too Much to Diss 'Price'

7/28/2010 2:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Moments after Bob Barker criticized Drew Carey's performance on "Price Is Right" yesterday -- dude issued a statement saying he didn't really mean it and that he hopes Drew does well ... because he's got cash riding on the show.

Bob Barker vs Drew Carey
TMZ first posted the footage yesterday -- in which Bob told us, "[Drew] does the show differently than I did ... I try to make the show really exciting. He doesn’t do that ... he just plays the games.”

But hours later, Bob tried to explain himself to Entertainment Weekly ... saying he would not criticize Drew, CBS or the show's producers "because I have a sizable royalty that I am paid every year this show is on, and it’s going on for years."

Barker added, "I hope this show stays on for years."

As for his criticism of Drew, Barker said, "He’s been charming and complimentary, and he had me on the show to plug my book ... to think that I would say anything derogatory about him is idiocy.”

0728_barker_tmz_v3

neither of these two sluts

Like I said and others here said the same thing...JUST DIE ALREADY....YOU OLD PERVERT!!!!!!!!

BallaBlocka

You really shouldn't try to give people advise on how to behave on the internet...

farbster

Bob is just a cranky old fart who is jealous that he doesn't have easy access to Barker's beauty models to sexually harass. This old perv got away with so much crap for years. He's the one who should have been (spayed and) neutered. TEAM DREW.

*78

This guy is simply a foolish idiot who made his fortune with one of the dumbest (intellectually) game shows that has ever been. It makes sense, because he is as foolish with his animal rights causes that he spends tens of millions of dollars to support. Those millions of dollars go to support environmental terrorists and somehow he thinks that is great. So why would it be a surprise that even in his retraction he looks like a fool since it is obvious he only supports Drew Carey because HE makes so much money off of Carey's success. The guy is an idiot and always has been. That's why you don't see him on anything serious. ". . . To think that I would say anything derogatory about him is idiocy.” Well, yes, you did say something of derogatory against him, so you are the essence of what idiocy is!

lilkunta

"As for his criticism of Drew, Barker said, "... ... to think that I would say anything derogatory about him is idiocy.” "

It isnt idiocy. You dont like him.
Just admit it.

I love how old people just dont give a f & say what they want.

Regardless if u slam drew u still get your check Bob.

Wayne Weaver

Drew is sincere, funny, and professional. He is doing so well that Bob's ego has been bruised.
Bob stopped hosting the day he couldn't GET IT UP anymore to boink the presenters. Shameful old fart....

Leslie

Drew is great! People can hug him! Not BB! He gets into the games and seems truley excited when people win. Not BB! Drew, funny! Not BB! Drew is the only reason I watch the show! Not BB!
BB is just jealous that he can't blackmail the ladies on the show to sleep with him...YUK!

jmak10

Then Bob barker should have kept his Retired trap shut and went back inside the house.

WHATEVER

BOB WAS A BETTER HOST AND HE WAS RIGHT. THE CLASS OF THE OLDER GENERATION IS NOT REALLY IN THE CURRENT GENERATION.

slukey

I agree with Bob - Drew just plays the games and at times seems like he just wants the show to be overwith.

jen

The RIGHT host should have been John O'Hurley! When I'm home sick, I watch the show...and DREW IS VERY BORING!!!

jen

I think John O'Hurley would have been a better pic than Drew. When I'm home sick, I watch it...AND DREW IS BORING!!

jr

The truth is bob barker did a much better job than Drew C. This Drew guy is not entertaining, he is just to full of himself. Fire the fatso and hire a better host.

dotcom

i LOVE drew carey! he makes the show funny!!

Karmagal

I can not stand that Ole Donkey Bob Barker. He is old as dirt and once he realized he F uped and called Drew out he knew he messed up. Someone needs to neuter that ole fool.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments