Drew Carey -- 'Bob Can Say Whatever He Wants'

7/29/2010 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Drew Carey has finally responded to Bob Barker's sharp criticism of his "Price is Right" hosting skills ... and it turns out, there won't be a showcase showdown after all.

072610_drew_video
As we first reported, Bob took a shot at Drew the other day ... describing Carey's hosting style as less than exciting.

But yesterday, TMZ spoke to Drew outside his favorite diner in Los Angeles ... and it was clear dude  didn't take it personally.

Lois Keyes

I love Drew and I think he is doing an excellent job and I think Bob should retire and keep his mouth shut. He is just jealous because someone is doing a better job than he ever did.

BillyBurke

Drew:

Why don't you buy the Whale War's guys a new chase boat and have it named the Drew?

Put your money where your mouth is and you will get Bob Barkers respect.

houstonray

Holy crap! What did he lose like 150 lbs???

Christtina G.

Last time I watched the Price is Right, Drew was fat.

Mark

If there was one celebrity I could meet, it would be him. Remember when he gave free lunches during the writers' strike? But he didn't just give them to writers, but gave them to everyone! Drew, you're a great guy. Thanks!

Michelle A.

Bob is a ****. I know he ment what he said.... he just didn't want to miss out on the money he would make from drew hosting. In a way, Drew is Bob's meal ticket. The only time I ever liked Bob was Happy Gilmore!!

Jacke D

Drew has a much better relationship with the audience. At least he lets them hug him. Bob wouldn't even let anyone touch him. Also look what he did to all those "Barkers Beauties". He thinks too highly of himself. COME DOWN TO EARTH BOB!

c

Weird...he's starting to look like Bob Barker!

theTRUTH

Drew is a class act and I like him much better on the Price is Right. Bob Barker is filled with jealousy, he has always been a less than honorable man. My best friend had to fend him off when she was a contestant in the Miss USA contest, it appears he was a real perv to all the girls every year....so who wants to listen to what he has to say.
Love you Drew!!!

kickaboo

Geez, I hadn't watched an episode for ages till Bob Barker said that about Drew, so I watched. I didn't think Drew was boring, he just has a more youthful style of dealing with people. Respects the military and such as Bob and him were both in the military at one time. However, now I see that it was repeat because Drew has lost a lot of weight. Wow! Good for you, Drew. don't go over-board though. (It was shocking to see B.B. without the extra hair help and make-up off the show.) Be yourself!

Carl

Good to see he lost weight. I was watching the show a while back and was concerned how much bigger he was than in his sitcom days. I'd like him to stick around for a while even if he is misguided on his politics.

Thomas

Well TMZ once again tried to stir up controversy where none existed. Kudos to Drew for putting the kabosh on this non-story.
If one listened closely to Bob's comments, there was no criticism offered just Bob stating that his approach to the show was different. Bob's comments were taken out of context by TMZ inferring criticism by hyping their story with the words "Slam" and "diss".
TM-sleaze at it's sleaziest.

frigmeat

It must be said. That pap SUCKED.

LaToya Jackson

Drew is just boring.. I can't watch the show anymore since Bob Barker left.. *Sorry Drew ... ((Yawn))

GOLLY

It seems as if Drew is one real oddity out there in LA-LA Land. A quality classy human being.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments