Casey Affleck Accuser Held Docs to Get More Money

7/30/2010 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The producer accusing Casey Affleck of sexual harassment held "key production documents" hostage while she negotiated for more money on the film Casey was directing ... this according to legal documents.

Casey Affleck

In the filing, Affleck's attorney Marty Singer attached documents -- including an email -- in which Amanda White seems to admit to keeping the papers while she attempted to get a higher fee for her work on "I'm Still Here: The Lost Year of Joaquin Phoenix."

In the email -- sent to Casey on April 12 -- White says, "I really feel that in good faith, the documents you refer to are my work product, so I would prefer to hold them in trust until we can get the matter of my deal resolved."

In the legal papers, Affleck's attorney refers to White's refusal to return the production documents as "extortionate" -- while White's attorney claims the documents "were insignificant and not needed for months."

White joined the project in December 2008. Sources connected to the production tell TMZ that she began trying to renegotiate her salary in January 2009.

We're told White quit in April 2009, but her compensation negotiations continued until October when her attorneys ended talks.

White filed her sexual harassment suit earlier this month.

As one source put it, "It seems odd that it took 15 months for them to bring this up, and it only happened after negotiations on her compensation stalled."

boz

What is it with women who feel entitled to blackmail men for money based on false abuse charges? Get jobs, Oksana and Amanda.

awards

A lot of women are using the same play book; you've come a long way baby! Time for guys to wise up and zip up...

Cravin Morehead

What a skanky POS! I guess this means we'll next be hearing from Gloria Allred!!!

Murgatroyd

This lady (?????) sounds like a real piece of extortionist crap.

Idiot!

1) Sandy, you're a psychotic nut. Get professional help.

2) Here's another example of "If I don't get what I want, I'm going to play a "card" to blame everyone for something that never happened, to get more money & damage people". Call it the "Johnnie Cochran" defense; play a card that has nothing to do with the situation at hand, to muddy the water. This bitch is a nutcase and a psycho; she deserves NOTHING.

StarryStarryNight

another oink$ana

MMG

Is this woman realted to Oksana?

dimes

If she started renegotiating her salary a month into the project, why did he continue to employ her if he had no intention of paying her more money? We're missing some key information here.

Violette-Blue

She is FUGLY!

cochino

Is this the "woman" on the right?

Looks like a DUDE!

With that fugly look, good luck with that sexual harassment claim. ROTFL

BostonGirl

Wow! They found Amelia Earhart!

ManiacalZebra

Why bother to hold on to "insignificant" do***ents?

Lisa

I think calling this extortion is a bit far. I am a little disappointed about how Harvey marketed this story. I had to take an entertainment law class in college and the number one thing the teacher told us was be careful with your work (writing, art, anything YOU create) and that there's nothing wrong with holding out. One must be careful before turning it over so easily because the entertainment industry will eat you up and rip you off. She actually said "in good faith," meaning her intentions weren't bad or bordering extortion. I think most smart people in this situation would do what she did. This cheesy claim his attorney is trying to throw out actually makes him look guilty to me.

D

Wow! I think her story is a load of CRAPOLA...AND she's butt ugly! I Know Casey Affleck has better taste in women than that! She's claiming sexual harrassment...when it was all about money! Just like a coniving greedy bitch (and I'm a woman)!

puddintang

She looks like the Tranny from The Crying Game!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments