Mel vs. Oksana -- Where Do You Stand?

8/1/2010 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's gut check time -- you've seen and heard some of the evidence ... so how do you feel about the nine critical questions?

Mel Gibson & Oksana

Tellthetruth59

I agree with the poster who stated the obvious. I think TMZ has sour apples with Radar for releasing the tapes. TMZ is skewed towards Mel. Where is the PROOF of extortion? She walked away from a 15 million dollar deal. She has this lunatic on tape with his ranting and threats. Tampered tapes? This isn't an episode of CSI. Who do you know with editing equipment sitting around their house? If she does then she would be able to pay her lawyers. One question for every mother that voted "no" Mel is not a threat to his child. Would you leave your child in the company of this man? And I still argue..does the extortion negate the abuse. No it does not. She could have been abused and decided to use that said abuse to her advantage. Is it right, no, but it seems that most posters are willing to forgive Mel's threats on the grounds that she's not likable. Let this be a lesson for men who decide to leave their wives for that 20%. You know the 80/20 rule?

Posted at 5:31 AM on Jul 31, 2010 by Joy
--------------------------------------------------

Maybe TMZ was offered the story and decided not to touch it with a 10 foot pole. Radar's credibility is in the toilet and from what I understand they could be facing potential lawsuits.

We have a legal system and Oksana would have been well advised to use it and spare her children this public embarrassment.

Genna

I think TMZ has sour apples with Radar for releasing the tapes. TMZ is skewed towards Mel. Where is the PROOF of extortion? She walked away from a 15 million dollar deal. Would you leave your child in the company of this man?

Posted at 5:31 AM on Jul 31, 2010 by Joy

TMZ would have more common sense than to play altered tapes, a fact which experts have already attested to. Oksana signed the $15mil preliminary settlement deal, but then walked away from signing the final papers when her new attorneys assured her she could get more.

She kept herself, and her children, in the company of this man long after the January 6th event. She never called 911; never made sure her children were out of harm's way, yet stated in the street interview that she was afraid for her life and didn't think she was going to make it through the night, all the while she spent hours supposedly taping Mel. The black eye photo is also fake.

These are all facts. Perhaps her PR reps know more than you? They dropped her.

lee

just go by whatever their perceptions are b/c of the tapes etc

The tapes where altered ie spliced ie edited ie dubbed over, people!
Can't you hear how disjointed and off-topic the SEGMENTS of conversation are? Do you even comprehend exactly how much can be changed digitally?

Feel free to have your views, but don't insult us by saying we haven't heard the tapes or are incapable of THINKING FOR OURSELVES simply b/c we haven't come to your conclusions.

Other than the 'supposed' rantings on the tapes, there is ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIBLE proof that ANY physical altercation occured, the judge DID NOT RENIG custody, so he obviously didn't consider gibson a threat either.

Maybe before everyone assumes they know more than the courts do they should wait to see what transpires there!

There is NO history of gibson EVER being violent, in 30 years, not one 911 call, not one arrest, not one altercation.....don't you think there would have been SOMETHING to blip on the screen prior to this??? It doesn't add up, not logically...

and ENOUGH w/ the OJ comparison, who WAS ARRESTED for battery, who HAD A LONG WELL-DO***ENTED HISTORY OF BATTERING NICOLE ACCORDING TO POLICE RECORDS and who could be BLATANTLY HEARD ON THE 911 tapes terrorizing Nicole AS IT WAS OCCURRING, and she sounded terrified, she didn't call ROL 6 months later and yell abuse.......!!!!!

What it comes down to is that your deductions as well as mine don't matter, what will is going to be the court proceedings and the legal decisions made by the court.

azlee

In the interview released yesterday, she tells a ROL reporter that she was fearing for her life, she didn't think she would live through the night and this is why she started recording. I can buy an abused person might not want to call the police right after being beat. We know this. BUT, not one of them stays in the situation if it gets that heated ON A PHONE!!! This was days/month from the supposedly day the fight went down.

Nope, this one isn't a victim, she truly is trying to get money.

middleagedcrazy

On the news this morning -- Al Gore will not be prosecuted criminally or civilly for allegedly attacking a masseuse in 2006. Story was not credible.

Lovely morning here. Tee hee.

canook

when I first listen those tapes, it make no sense to me. Why was Mel so angry and Oksana so calm? It make no sense. If she was afraid for her life then why she was so calm on those tapes? Why did she not moved out of Mel's house and go into hiding? That what she would do, had she be really afraid of Mel. Put Alexander with his father ago hiding with baby Lucia. Then I heard what expert Arlo West was saying about those tapes. It started make sense to me -tapes were altered and edited. Radar on Line is 100% pro Oksana and baby pimle on Lucia chin is a prove that Mel did not hit Oksana. Also that lie that Mel wanted and planed to kill Harvey Levin is a 100%prove that Oksana was lying. She was a witness and accomplice to commit a crime on Harvey and yet she did not report this crime to police??? What is happening to Mel right now is injustice.
And no I'm not being payed for my opinion.

Robin

I cannot believe how many people are on Mels side! So what if there was never a hint of abuse before. The tapes speak for themselves. Also Robyn only said there was never any PHYSCAL ABUSE BUT SHE NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT VERBAL ABUSE!I wonder why she left that out? Maybe because there was all kinds of verbal abuse like when he was drinking??? Mel is a abuser and I believe
the woman. He needs to go to jail!

lee

Anji

Please don't insult us as you know nothing about us, as we have not so disrespected you.

I come from humble beginnings and have been both a TRUE victim of abuse as well as poverty, which I overcame through hard work and honesty, so please don't dare to insinuate that I and others are simply blinded by gibson's wealth...it's very insulting as well as condescending and you clearly know nothing of what you speak.

It seems that many here who disagree must insult the other posters level of intelligence or stoop to name-calling.. rather than have a civil discussion.....isn't that the type of behavior you are all so quick to condemn??

And lastly, I did work with and had close friends w/ both alcoholism as well as manic depression and no, it is not to be an excuse, but from experience I have seen for myself that people can get into almost manaical rages as they are unable to deal w/ their heightened emotions and discomfort at that moment, so they strike out w/ all they have VERBALLY....and this is not indicative of them in their entirety nor in their true selves.... it is a rage, it is not condoned, but IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE ABUSERS NOR VIOLENT PHYSICALLY.

I'm not saying this is gibson as I obviously don't know him personally, AS NONE OF US DO, so perhaps we should wait and see what unfolds before we label him an abuser and a racist and an anti-semite..... until it is proven so.

I believe Whoopi golberg who is both black as well as Jewish who happens to know Gibson has said she does not consider hima racist, and she was blasted for it. I , for one, think she would know better than any of us, so let's move on with our own lives and flaws to improve instead of attacking and labelling someone whom we now nothing about.

People aren't blinded by celebrity nor money nor are we buying BS simply b/c we've come to a different conclusion than you have, so LAY OFF.

Genna

the woman. He needs to go to jail!

Posted at 6:03 AM on Jul 31, 2010 by Robin

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with the facts. People do go to jail for falsifying evidence and for extortion. I am not condoning the words on those tapes. But if Oksana has done what the facts seem to convey, then she is in an enormous amount of trouble.

Robin

Genna, Perhaps you should reread my post. I know the facts that have been reported. The only people I hear saying the tapes are editted are the people posting!
I was a BIG Mel g. fan untill these tapes came out. When I heard his filth that was enough for me. I AM A ABUSE SURVIVOR
SO DO NOT TELL ME THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

realabusedwoman

Jews war against a Christian, Mel Gib.
---------------------------------------
The more and more the press keeps this story live, it looks like this is a war against a Christian. The latest tool is this woman (Ox) with no class. They will discard her like a piece of trash when all this is over.

I am not a Catholic. But, do you say only Christians are racist? He made a mistake by shouting in a drunken rage 4 years ago. May be he was pushed by the media controlled by Jews to that extent for making “Passion of the Christ”. It was all pent-up up frustration of 3-4 years that he was pushed to a corner by Hollywood (again influenced by Jews), his career was pushed to a slow track. Don’t you know so many people (including, white, black, Asians and Hispanics ) people are in jail convicted by their confession to the crime they have never committed because they were interrogated for 48 – 64 hours nonstop at the end of which they could admit anything to get out of that room? You are only human and so is Mel.

What do you call someone (Jew) who treats a person (Mel) so badly because he has a different religious belief system? Take a step back and see who is acting here with a vengeance. More and more as days go by, the jews look like they are the biggest racists.

I was never a Mel fan! I have only watched 3 movies because of the story value and not because of him. They were all great including ‘Passion of the Christ”, because they were art and I keep a open mind to see other point of view.

You never know what happened behind the closed door. Whether he was taken of the medication (who is not in anti-depressant in this economy?) and pushed into a corner by denying access to his daughter and hit the record button. Until then stop torturing another human being because he worships a different God.

lee

Just b/c robin did not specify verbal is really stretching here, since the allegation at the time was that Gibson was aphysical threat....and i suppose you were there in their marriage, too?

I find it interesting that you all are alluding to Robyn's supposed lack of integrity when she has by all accounts been a highly respected and dignified member of the community for many, many years....keep her out of it, she's done NOTHING to be dragged into this cesspool created by okskanka's greed and jealousy of her.

And I suppose no one here hasEVER, EVER gotten angry nor drunk nor made an ass of themselves....getting angry is human nature, folks, and if i were being extorted, used, and disallowed from seeing my baby daughter on Father's day, well, yes, i might blow a little as well....that's a huge step to physical abuse and violence.

None of us condone his language nor anger, but THAT is not against the law....let's put everyone man AND woman who's blown up (in a one-sided, taped, edited conversation, no less) on trial then.....

Genna

"Bananapatch, she did not call the lawyer that night or the next day. She sent an email supposedly. Now we all know that people don't check their email everyday. How is that even close to responding to a life/death situation? It isn't.

You call the police if you think you won't live that night! Also, she was ready and willing to call the police on a pap trying to get a story, but not call 911 because she thought she would die?! She is so full of **** it is ridiculous. Even her PR people saw through it I think."

Posted at 5:45 AM on Jul 31, 2010 by azlee

Absolutely. Mel broke up with her, and told her she wasn't going to get a penny. That's the reason for the tapes, and that is why she contacted her lawyer -- not 911, not the authorities. That's where the phony story about her teeth came from; the altered tapes; the phony photo of the so-called "black eye," etc.

cluesarethere

"you deserved it"... what exactly was the "it"?

If these tapes are deemed tampered with "it" could be anything. We don't even know if "you deserved it" was insert there out of context. Due to the facts that these tapes has been altered, I am still not convinced he said he actually hit her.

SandraD

@Joy

I agree with the poster who stated the obvious. I think TMZ has sour apples with Radar for releasing the tapes. TMZ is skewed towards Mel---Really? For Example? Is ROL skewed toward Oksana? Problem with that too?

Where is the PROOF of extortion?--Where is PROOF of physical abuse? Verbal tirade, yes. She should have hung up.

She has this lunatic on tape with his ranting and threats--Edited tapes that were not admitted as evidence.

Who do you know with editing equipment sitting around their house?--It can be edited after the fact. This is LA, enough said.

One question for every mother that voted "no" Mel is not a threat to his child. Would you leave your child in the company of this man?--Waiting for the law to weigh the evidence of abuse. So far there is none.

She could have been abused and decided to use that said abuse to her advantage--or remaining true to her character she could have decided that he was not a true threat, not report him to the authorities, not take steps in the aftermath to protect her children and later try to broker a 15 million dollar deal for silence. Oh wait...

it seems that most posters are willing to forgive Mel's threats on the grounds that she's not likable--no, on the grounds she is not believable. Big difference. No one will forgive Mel if he is later found guilty of physically abusing her or his child. Accept that people are not going to jump to condemn until all the facts are in, as it should be, no?

BTW, if you poll people regarding OJ's guilt the results will be overwhelmingly guilty. No comparision whatsoever to this case.