MJ Mausoleum -- Who's Ready for Yoga?!

8/3/2010 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MJ's mausoleum is about to be penetrated by a busload of hardcore Yoga enthusiasts ... and TMZ has learned Forest Lawn is welcoming them with open arms.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
According to sources at the cemetery, the followers of Paramahansa Yogananda (pictured top right) -- a famous Indian guru and yogi who died almost 60 years ago -- plan to visit their master's crypt today for a prayer ritual ... and his crypt happens to be inside the same mausoleum where MJ resides.

The problem -- the Great Mausoleum has been on lockdown mode for months -- thanks to some overzealous MJ fans -- with the cemetery threatening to remove Jacko-holics by force if they're caught anywhere near the building.

But we're told since Yogananda's followers have been doing their prayer thing in the mausoleum for years -- and have never caused a problem -- they're cool to enter the area.

However, according to our sources, MJ's tomb will be covered with a screen during the spiritual visit -- and get this ... it's all because security is afraid a few crazed MJ fans could pose as yoga enthusiasts ... just to sneak into the mausoleum.

Namaste.

083_mausoleum_footer

LoveUmore

cr*p that would be my suggestion to get in... if i woulda lived on that side of the ocean anyways....

flowers

You forgot one thing TMZ so let me add for you.

.....In reality the body of Michael Jackson is not there.

earth angel

I'm just another crazy Michael Jackson fan!I love you Michael my sweet angel.I got the sweetest hangover.If there's a cure for this ohhhhh baaaaby I don't want it.I got the sweetest Michael love hangover.

Brigha from UK

2. Yoga is ....an ancient method of prayer. MJ fans, on the other hand, are an example of the rot of modern society. They deserve to be treated like rabid dogs.

Posted at 6:50 AM on Aug 3, 2010 by Ehécatl
____________________________________________

Okay, so MJ had so many fans that the law of averages dictates that a few of them (namely the beLIEvers) will be below average intellect. Likewise, there are many that are highly intelligent. His message of peace, love and understanding has been inspirational to all of them.

That was the true beauty of MJ - his love for ALL people, irrespective of their race, creed, colour or age.
So maybe you should take a leaf out of his book, and instead of defending yoga as a prayer method, apply some of MJs principals. Your intolerant attitude could never be considered in any way spiritual.

electriczipper

Before you comment on MJ and the yoga guy. You should take the time and look up his name. His name is Paramahansa Yogananda and it really has nothing to do with yoga.

Posted at 8:56 AM on Aug 3, 2010 by Ann
of course it has to do with yoga,,,thats where they got the word from yoga...and this parmasean guy also invented the toga party

Lisa

i thought people were not allowed into the mausoleum? didn't w.c.fields grandson complain about letting michael's fans in? it would not be right to let some fans in for this yogi and not michael's fans. doesn't seem right to me.

Kirstin

It is disgusting that you have posted pictures of inside the Mausoleum. My entire family is at rest there, along with many other families, like the Ahmanson's (whose tomb is pictured above) and do not want it to be publicized on TMZ! This is not only where Michael Jackson is, but where thousands of others.

Mimi from Indy

Kim ~ When you see this, I think we predicted this would happen last Sunday night. It was only a matter of days for TMZ to pick up this story!

And

Brigha from UK ~ Well said!

neicey

Posted at 9:50 AM on Aug 3, 2010 by Lisa

I'm with u on that on

Cathy

I think FL has been more than accommodating to MJ fans over the last year. But some of these fans are too over the top. Writing on the building? Sneaking in and writing on the tomb? Defacing someone's grave is not cool, and it's disrespectful to all the others buried there. Good for FL for cracking down. Frankly, I think fans should be permanently banned from the area - both inside and outside. Too many have shown they cannot handle the sacredness of a burial place. It's not fair to other families. The only people that should be allowed near Holly Terrace are those who have immediate family members buried inside and maybe a few who were personally close to Michael whom the Jackson family approves of (LMP, LT, Stevie Wonder). Let the fans pay tribute some other way in some other place. Build a memorial elsewhere that the fans can write on to their hearts' content.

kadi

Paramahansa Yogananda wrote "Autobiography of a Yogi" It has been a best seller for decades. His writings exemply how to to live good life. I would much rather be visiting Yogananda's crypt than MJ. MJ might have been a much happier person if he had read Autobiography of a Yogi...as did his father-in-law, Elvis, who was a big Yogananda fan.

Tellit

2..Yoga is not about "yadi´s dancing around". It is an ancient method of prayer. MJ fans, on the other hand, are an example of the rot of modern society. They deserve to be treated like rabid dogs.
Posted at 6:50 AM on Aug 3, 2010 by Ehécatl
_____________

ROFLMAO..........!!

TMZ....this is your best board.....EVER!

I thought that Clark Gable and W.C. Fields are also in the same mausoleum. Why pick in MJ??
Posted at 7:42 AM on Aug 3, 2010 by janicebyrne

Could it be because CG and WCF led respectable lives and their families and fans continue to conduct themselves with dignity....not circus sideshows?
so unlike Michael Jackson and most of the Jackson clan.

OH TMZ....I love your use of the appropriately descriptive adjectives and "Jacko-holics"....lmao.....
wouldn't have hurt to have thrown in a "rabid" or two.

Forest Lawn....do away with the MJs fan "stage" display...
what an eyesore!!...looks like Forest Lawn is having a yard sale!!

Peace

Best Mom

TMZ: I can't believe you continue to disrespect Michael by using the term "Jacko-holics". It is so rude and disgusting. Like Michael told Barbarba Walters......."my name is Jackson, not Jacko". Rest in peace forever, Michael.

moni

Cathy,
sad enough, but I have to agree with you. It’s a shame that some people don’t know how to behave on a cemetary.
And, to be fair: TMZ doesn’t generalize concerning the fans. They’re explicitly talking about “SOME” of them.
Maybe the (oh-)well known haters here could kindly realize that.

earth angel

I'm just chillin it today.Michael when I think of you baby nothing else seems to matter.when I think of you baby all I think about is our love.So in love with you oh baaaaby!