MJ Mausoleum -- Who's Ready for Yoga?!

8/3/2010 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MJ's mausoleum is about to be penetrated by a busload of hardcore Yoga enthusiasts ... and TMZ has learned Forest Lawn is welcoming them with open arms.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
According to sources at the cemetery, the followers of Paramahansa Yogananda (pictured top right) -- a famous Indian guru and yogi who died almost 60 years ago -- plan to visit their master's crypt today for a prayer ritual ... and his crypt happens to be inside the same mausoleum where MJ resides.

The problem -- the Great Mausoleum has been on lockdown mode for months -- thanks to some overzealous MJ fans -- with the cemetery threatening to remove Jacko-holics by force if they're caught anywhere near the building.

But we're told since Yogananda's followers have been doing their prayer thing in the mausoleum for years -- and have never caused a problem -- they're cool to enter the area.

However, according to our sources, MJ's tomb will be covered with a screen during the spiritual visit -- and get this ... it's all because security is afraid a few crazed MJ fans could pose as yoga enthusiasts ... just to sneak into the mausoleum.

Namaste.

083_mausoleum_footer

Lee lee

Hi Siggisis,
so true: All this trouble has been predictable, hasn’t it?
Of course I understand the family’s intention to create a peaceful, noble and beautiful last resting-place for Michael; a place where he would finally be safe from the crowds running after him.
I just doubt that this is what Michael had wanted.
He has suffered from his overwhelming popularity, yes, but at the same time he has so much enjoyed all the attention given by his fans! It’s irrational, I know, but I hate him being so alone now at FL, buried under tons of white, cold stone, so far away from where live is.
Some weeks ago Harvey suggested to take Michael to Las Vegas and build a place for him where he would be surrounded by lots of memorabilia (changing from time to time), and where his fans could visit him for a fee. The complete opposite of FL, way too spectacular, and without any dignity – I know. But there is a little, just a little grain of truth in Harvey’s idea. A public resting-place would be far more what Michael had liked – and, as long as permanently guarded and with controlled (!) access for fans, had avoided a lot of the trouble we must watch at FL.

BTW: What's the matter with TMZ? AGAIN a nice Michael-picture? Just hope that nobody will lose his job because of that, lol!

Posted at 11:51 AM on Aug 3, 2010 by moni

I completely agree with you. I can't help but think that Michael wouldn't have wanted to be all alone in a cold crypt. He would have wanted people surrounding him with love. I went to Forest Lawn to pay my respects, I looked in the window, but felt uncomfortable and left quickly. It's a beautiful place, but it just doesn't feel right to imagine him in there.

And TMZ, another gorgeous photo of Michael? What is going on? Is it because Harvey's away? Michael was sure a beautiful man. Love you and miss you MJ.

Posted at 12:07 PM on Aug 3, 2010 by iFart

Hi Siggissis, moni and iFart

I heave expressed this before and I agree with all of you on some level.
Although I do understand the families need to want to protect Michael in a quiet and peaceful place, FL does seem so cold and un peaceful.
The surrounding grounds look beautiful but the cold , dark , stone look of Michaels resting place seems ( and I know this sounds silly ) lonely, eerie and very spooky.
I watched an interview with Jermaine on Larry King live on the eve of Michaels 1 yr anniversary, and Jermaine said he didn't like being in there either. It was too cold, dusty and just not a nice place for Michael to be.
I know that Michaels spirit has moved onto a better place, and within FL lies only the shell of the man we came to love, but I think he deserves to be somewhere more serene. I have said it before, I know that Neverland held some very bad memories for Michael( with the trauma of the molestation rubbish)....but he built that place up to be his sanctuary, his home, his place of peace and quiet and fun and joy.
I would love to see Michael buried underneath his "Giving tree".
To be buried back at home under the tree that inspired him to write some beautiful music. A place where the sun shines, the birds whistle and at night the moon glows.
Perhaps restore Neverland to a Park of some sort, for the less fortunate and sick children to visit, just the way Michael had once had it.
I think Michael would love to be resting in a place fill of life and love. I would love nothing more than to see him removed from that cold , stone FL.

HumanNature

Now, look at that DELUSIONAL, PSYCHO RANTING 24/7 about "MJ IS ALIVE, BS!!!!

Do, I need to say more!!!

lol

HumanNature

Wow!!!

moni

Cathy,
I think Michael tried as far as possible to repress (sp?) the thought he would die one day. “I don’t want to die. I want to live forever!” – don’t you remember? It’s probably one thing to outline what should happen with your money and your kids. But it’s another one to make clear what your family is supposed to do with you, with your body, still breathing, feeling joy and pain, and still being full of life when you have to make that decision.

I think burying Michael at a place to which his fans have (controlled and guided!) access isn’t inconsistent with keeping his body safe. It’s just a question of money.

But I agree with you re Neverland: Not a good idea, in many aspects. One of them: Who knows – maybe MJ3 will live there one fine day? I remember LMP recalling her childhood on Graceland, always being aware that out there was a place next to her father and her grandmother waiting for HER. She felt really scared because of that perspective. What a creepy burden for a child.

Siggisiss

Posted at 1:08 PM on Aug 3, 2010 by Lee lee

It doesn´t sound silly - that is exactly the vibe I get from that place.
Of course, in all fairness, I should add that I have never been there, but it just seems so COLD. You describe it well.

HumanNature

Psycho gone completely MAD CRAZY!!!

Nothing like HumanNature leaving a bad taste in their mouth and mind!!!

Hiccup!!

Lee lee

Posted at 1:08 PM on Aug 3, 2010 by Lee lee

It doesn´t sound silly - that is exactly the vibe I get from that place.

Posted at 1:19 PM on Aug 3, 2010 by Siggisiss

Hi Siggisiss

I should point out that I never been to FL either. A little to far for me ( maybe one day ). But that is just how it seems to me. : )

moni

I would love to see Michael buried underneath his "Giving tree".
Posted at 1:08 PM on Aug 3, 2010 by Lee lee

Hi Lee lee,
beautiful words! I agree so much with you – it's just Neverland what I don't like (see above post).
Maybe I'll be over to L.A. in November, if so, I'll certainly visit FL. It won't be easy. I've already visited Michael's star on the Walk of Fame one year ago, with all the flowers and candles there (I put down one as well, my family was SO embarrassed, ignorants!), and this alone has nearly broken my heart.

Lee lee

Hi Lee lee,

Posted at 1:36 PM on Aug 3, 2010 by moni

Hi moni

I understand your reservations about Neverland. I am still not sure its the "right "place, but as Cathy said earlier, Michael didn't leave any directions in regards to his burial. The family has made the choice they have...although I believe it was not the decision the whole family agreed on, there was a little division. Either way FL is so COLD as Siggissis and I said earlier.
How lucky of you to be able to leave a candle for Michael. My family cringe at me when it comes to all things "Michael". I don't understand why!! I hope you get to FL in Novemeber.... I am going to get over one day !

Siggisiss

Posted at 1:36 PM on Aug 3, 2010 by moni

Awwww, yes what IGNORANTS! haha, you are funny. Sweet, moni, I wish I had been able to do that.

Yes, Lee lee, that would be the right thing for me too. I mean to bury Michael somewhere in Neverland. For me he belongs there.
But of course it doesn´t really matter what we want/wish. If the family wants him to be at FL, so be it.

Cristine

Michael Jackson king of pop!!!!!!

apple

Michael you got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling.And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling.You got me lifted feeling so gifted.Michael how you get so fly?Suga suga how you get so fly?Michael you're my sweet honey bun.Suga how you get so fly?

Daphne

Posted at 1:48 PM on Aug 3, 2010 by Siggisiss

I agree. I think Neverland = MJ. Maybe something is still in the works. U never know as I believe the estate still owns Neverland jointly with Colony Capital. I only saw videos/pictures of Neverland, its such a serene, beautiful, peaceful place. Yes, the Giving Tree, would be an ideal location. A nice way to honour/remember his music legacy.