Sinatra Jr.'s Son Hospitalized After 'Suicide Attempt'

8/2/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the reclusive 32-year-old son of Frank Sinatra Jr. is currently hospitalized after authorities responded to a 911 call for a possible suicide attempt this afternoon in Downey, CA.

Frank Sinatra Grandson Suicide Attempt
According to law enforcement sources, the patient -- who is also named Frank and is the son of 66-year old Frank Jr. (above) -- had consumed too many pills, but was conscious when authorities arrived on the scene.

A source close to the family tells TMZ it was indeed a "suicide attempt." We're told the younger Sinatra has always shunned the spotlight that's come with the family name.

Sinatra is currently being treated in the ER at Downey Regional Medical Center.

home jobs

Thank you so much for this wonderful information

thehoch

"We're told the younger Sinatra has always shunned the spotlight that's come with the family name.

He shunned the spotlight, I am sure now that this has been made public, he's even more thrilled. Why make this public especially under the cir***stances and the way this person has hidden from the public despite his name?

Why? No one cares and the person(s) involved already have enough to deal with, now the problem has been made 100x worse. TMZ I love you, but sometimes you guys get it wrong, and this is one of those times.

RodFanatic77

Now why would the son of Frank Sinatra Jr. want to live in Downey? I live here...It is boring as hell...And is not that nice of an area, but it isn't the ghetto.

Downey Regional Medical is going under due to people coming to the ER that can't pay. I assume Mr. Sinatra will pay and support the only hospital we have.

Can Loca Lohan be transferred here too?

No but really I am stunned to find someone with that lineage living here. Although we did give birth to the Carpenters. IDK.

I hope he lives.

LuckyDucky

Downey,CA is the same town Karen Carpenter lived n took her own life. Nice Town, but for some strange reason, a town where famous people try/kill themselves.

Hold your head up Frankie III, you got more talent in your soul then most people do. Tap into it....and you will see, things will be better. I promise you.

SallyChi

Wouldn't this Frank Sinatra be the III? He looks just like his grandad.

Jody

Of course his name is Frank. Can you imagine what Frank Sinatra would have to say if one of his kids didn't name their son after him; he was such a egotist.

justsaying

Now this is just the epitome of complete failure. He couldn't even get killing himself right.

Jim

"had consumed too many pills", is a cry for help. Someone who really wants to die is going to get it done.

Mikey

Because he was never able to become a banker.

Hep

LuckyDucky: Karen Carpenter did not take her own life, unless you consider Anorexia Nervosa a form of suicide. Her death was caused by heartbeat irregularities caused by a chemical imbalance caused by Anorexia Nervosa.

And, for those of you who seem unbelievably confused by this story: the man pictured is Frank Sinatra, JUNIOR. The man who is in the hospital is HIS son, Frank Sinatra III.

DeeWA2010

I actually GASPED when I read the headline. I hope & pray he gets help. I have suicide in my family, immediate, and 40+ yrs later I am STILL affected.

Ally

He should have changed his name. Being related to famous people can sometimes be a curse. My sister is well known in our community and I hate living in her shadow. Feels like no one wants to get to know me anymore. They just want to get to know her, or get to know me to get closer to her. I love her, but people are so obsessed with living vicariously through those they wish to be like (since many people lead really bland lives), and the brunt of this ass-kissing is witnessed and felt the most by those closest to the famous person i.e. their family. I don't blame the kid, but I wish him well. Change your name and move to France :)

DeeWA2010

You had to read the headline correctly to know who it was and since they pictured Frank Sinatra Jr, I, too, assumed it was Jr, not the "GRANDSON" of Frank Sinatra. SO.... confusing.
My son was a III, and my grandson is a IV. SO I know how it got mixed up.
PLUS, I speed read and didn't catch all the details, like that he is 32, which FS jr could not possibly be....

Ehécatl

TMZ, who is the "source close to the family"? I´ll bet it´s an ER nurse. Why else would one of the tags for this article be "nurse"?

SS

He's 32? He looks like he's 50. Attempting suicide now means he will try it again later.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments