Bernie Mac's Widow -- Death Was Skin Doctor's Fault!

8/6/2010 1:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bernie Mac's widow is blaming her husband's death on the comedian's old dermatologist -- claiming the doc could have saved Bernie if he knew what he was doing.

0806_bernie_mac_wife_getty_BN2
According to docs filed last week in a Chicago Circuit Court -- Rhonda McCullough claims Dr. Rene Earles had a chance to save the comedian during a routine checkup ... but "failed to recognize and act upon abnormal vital signs and signs of respiratory failure."

According to the docs, McCullough claims Earles failed to properly diagnose Bernie with pneumonia and send the comic to the hospital ...  and according to her, the mistake directly led to the funnyman's death in August 2008.

Earles told the Chicago Sun-Times it ain't his fault -- he claims Bernie had a bad allergic reaction to another doctor's injection once the comedian was hospitalized.

McCullough wants at least $50,000 in damages in the wrongful death suit.

ratass

Stupid bitch, rent must be due

Irka

If these black celebs (Bernie, MJ, Kanye's mom) sought the best doctor they could find--not just one who was black, maybe they'd still be alive.

Posted at 1:35 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by Chrissa

Ok Chrissa, let's ALWAYS make it about black & white....Are you saying that white doctors are better than black doctors, and only because they're white? That's not ignorant at all....you're part of what's wrong with this world today. As far as I understand, they teach black students the same material they teach white students in med school, no?

Holly G

He had sarcoidosis which he should have been being seen on a regular basis from a regular Dr. anyway. Sarcoid can be fatal due to complications. Sadly if his sarcoid was of the lungs he probably thought he was having a flair up instead of pneumonia.

Elena

He's been gone for a couple of years, why is she doing this now? Doesn't make sense.

Superman

Posted at 1:51 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by Irka
------------

That's not what she said at all. She implied they don't want to see white doctors because these black celebs are prejudice. For me, I think they go to whoever that will allow them have their own way and, in general, it's doctors their own race. Try reading more instead of being on your racially-motivated high horse.

Lake

Bogus. But at least she's not asking for millions. His dermatologist failed to diagnose it? Did his chiropractor and podiatrist and gynecologist also fail to diagnose it? I know *I* did! Let's sue me! Let's sue EVERYONE who didn't tattoo "pneumonia" on the guy's forehead and butt.

Good grief.

Irka

I can read just fine, thanks, and nowhere in her statement can you conclude that black celebs are prejudice and that's why they choose black doctors. I guess the interpretation of her comment can go either way, yours or mine. I don;t know enough about Kanye West, his mother, or Bernie Mac to tell you that they were not prejudiced, but its very obvious that Michael Jackson was FAR from prejudiced and he had many non-black doctors as well (i.e. Klein, Hoefflin).

Oh, and keep your personal insults to yourself, I could care less about race. I just don't see how the color of the doctor or the celebrity was at all relevant to Bernie Mac's death from pneumonia or his visit to the dermalogist. High horse my @$$.

Lake

Irka, the correct expression is "I couldn't care less." if you COULD care less, it means you care. Presumably quite a bit. Therefore, you said you could care less about race, which means...uh...you care about race.

As for me, I care about words. Woe is I.

Irka

Thanks Lake, I am now enlightened. If out of this entire story and thread, that was the only thing you felt was worthy of a comment, then you obviously do really care about words. Good for you.

dencyb

How did she come up with $50,000? Even if my husband made that a year I would certainly sue for more than one year's salary if I thought that person was responsable for his death...
Bernie certainly did better than $50,000 a year didn't he???
Just sounds like something is wrong here.

Gee a doctor's mistake caused my husband's death, I'm gonna sue him for $1,000.... doesn't sound right does it???
hmmmmmmmmmm

cherryl

SARCOIDOSIS LED TO HIS DEATH HE WAS TOLD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL HE WENT TO A DERMATOLGIST INSTEAD......HAS A PERSON WITH SARCOIDOSIS THE CHOICE WAS HIS HE MADE THE CHOICE THAT CAUSED HIS OWM DEATH

Amber

Comic is an ADJECTIVE. It can be part of a NOUN PHRASE when paired with a noun: i.e. Comic strip, Comics section...He was a Comedian or comic/comical actor.

p.s. Im not sure that a dermatologist is really looking out for pneumonia seeing has how they specialize in skin...

EDITA ON STEROIDS

@Um, wow...dumb **** she thinks the doctor should have recognized that something was wrong. Not normal from what he is used to seeing and should have said hey things dont seem right you should get that checked out. Damn shame rip bernie

Angela

This is ridiculous. I'm so tired of people trying to blame everybody for the death of someone. These were grown people. Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson, Bernie Mac, Britney Murphy etc. People need to stop trying to blame others and just deal with the fact that their loved ones have gone to a far better place because they aren't coming back..geesh. Death is a part of life.

Horndog

#1 @Miss Tila Chlamydia OMGPOW! - Bernie passed away August 9, 2008.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments