Adderall May Have

Unhinged Lindsay Lohan

8/20/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's Adderall dependence -- the result of a medical misdiagnosis -- may have been the reason she went off the rails.

081910_lindsay_lohan_getty
As we first reported, the docs at the UCLA rehab facility believe Lindsay was misdiagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ... and was prescribed Adderall to treat the phantom affliction.

Dr. Joe Haraszti -- a prominent L.A. addiction specialist -- tells TMZ ... people who take Adderall when they don't need it can experience similar effects as people who use cocaine or methamphetamine.

Dr. Haraszti tells us ... people who unnecessarily take Adderall can display manic symptoms ... and often do things like "driving around until all hours of the morning ... smoking heavily ... tweeting ... and texting all night long." The doc adds, "They can become very impulsive."

The doc also notes that people in that situation "might then complain of insomnia and then take Ambien or other sleep aids to help fall asleep ... it's a vicious cycle"

Dr. Marc Kern -- another addiction expert -- tells us alcohol abuse is also very common among patients who take Adderall.

Dr. Kern tells us, "The Adderall counteracts the sedative side effects of alcohol use … making these people often drink more than someone who does not take the drug."

Bottom line -- a bad medical diagnosis may have set the ball rolling that unhinged Lindsay's life.

for now

It's nice to know that all these high school dropout losers think that they know more
than educated doctors. I guess that failing school means you're an expert.

Ernie

@ Jeffro11... why you are truly a genius. Whew!! Did you learn that in where? Grammar School? High School? College? Wow... I am so impressed with your diagnosis. "f@ucked in head" ... I will have to write that one down. Wow... I just learned what is wrong with LL. Thanks Jeffro

KDog

I'm pretty sure Adderall doesn't make you "tweet"

Ernie

Well... folks. LL has been found out. It is like getting caught with your pants down. No more excuses. No addictions. No diseases... No mommy made me do it... no daddy hates mommy... nope. She has the same problem most people her age have... sin. Easily beat... through Jesus. Simple stuff. However, I know.... I know ... no one wants to hear about the simple path to recovery. We all want to hear how hard it is.. and the big price one has to pay ... find some doctor for another script... go to AA/NA ... secular rehabs .. jails... prisons... However, there is nothing wrong that the good doctors could find out. Hmmmmm. stumpped anyone? HA!

Ernie

I just love Jeffro's diagnosis ... "she is just 'f*cked in the head'" Gee. I wonder how "f*cked in the head got in her head in the first place? Did it ask, "Hey Linday... hello... I am 'f*cked in the head' can I come and live inside your head? Then you will be f*cked in the head just like me. We both will then be f*cked in the head"

Jeff

This doctor is full of it. There is NO link between Adderal usage and tweeting, smoking, or driving around all night. Those are manifestations of personality, not a side effect of the drug itself. Puh-leeze.
Lindsay, like many celebrities, get prescribed medications based on their requests, not on diagnoses. If only doctors were regulated by other doctors instead of by BS, Doc's who talk garbage like this, prescribe medications on request, and give dangerously inaccurate explanations would lose their licenses. As it is, they do whatever they want.
Besides, who in the heck thinks Lindsay deserves MORE excuses for her terrible behavior, bad parents, and toxic way of behaving? She is a product of a drug-addict, alcoholic felon father and a stupid, self-centered, ignorant, oblivious mother who is only interested in getting rich off of her children.
When Dina was interviewed by Matt Lauer, all I could think of is how MY mother would react if I was constantly getting into trouble, going to clubs while underage, using cocaine, and driving drunk (repeatedly). I assure you, she wouldn't be making excuses. She also wouldn't allow me to take my younger brother, who is 16, to clubs (or anywhere, for that matter).
The problem with Lindsay is Lindsay, her stupid mother, her stupid father, and the fact that she surrounds herself with leeches who are afraid to sit her down and say "Stop being a f*&king moron. Fame is fleeting and fragile. Behave yourself. If you keep acting like an entitled, spoiled idiot, your career is going to end and you are going to land in jail or die. GROW THE F*(K UP!!!"
Reality sucks for people who live in fantasy land. Linsday owns lots of property there, some of which continues to be paid for by mommy, the failed actress who wants to get rich off of her kids - even if it hurts the kids.
The Lohans are despicable, and Lindsay will NEVER heal herself (or her career and public image) as long as she continues to be enabled, continues to be spoiled, and continues to act as if she is above the law.

truth and mercy

What a JOKE! What is WRONG with the dummies who came up with this? Lindsay Lohan IS an ADDICT, her Mother IS and ADDICT, her Father IS an ADDICT and the whole family lives in denial land!!! I hope and pray that some day Lindsay herself see's the lies she's been told, gets really really angry about how she has been treated and HOPEFULLY Lindsay will use her righteous indignation to HEAL HER SELF!!!! Please prove us all wrong by helping YOUR SELF and THINKING FOR YOUR SELF and please put YOUR OWN BEST INTEREST ahead of your F#*@d up family... whole family needs help!

please

One thing is for sure, a lot of Major League Baseball players use Adderall.

Faust

Once again Lindsay is portrayed as the victim...lets give her a reason to blame all of her actions on something besides her utter lack of morals and taste. Give me a f&%$k'n break!!!

mysteria333

to all of you entrtainment shows and media people,,with your high ethics and morals and your gigantic ability to judge and persecute others like lindsey, tiger, mel and michael..oh by the way congrats michael on winning against the greedy concert promoters,, i saw it on cnn this morning..just one of many lessons to be taught to people who are greedy or feel they have the right to judge others as though they are pure..but i love you all just the same and pray for you daily..you will get the message eventually..remember that god loves you and he's giving you media people a chance to act responsibly and stop destroying peoples lives,,please take advantage of the oppertunity..peace.

Roc

First of all, she had on a SCRAM bracelet for what, a couple of weeks before jail? She was already totally detoxed of alcohol before she ever got to UCLA. Second it seems to me this is some how a ploy to help salvage her career. If she just was misdiagnosed won't it be easier for movie studios to hire her and insure her? If she's getting out early and will have outpatient follow up care - What does she need it for??? She's not an addict and she doesn't have ADHD. She should be fine now that those wise doctors found the misdiagnosis! Maybe she can get a refund on all her former rehab money.

smartypants1

So, this "misdiagnosis" caused Lindsay to get coked up, steal an SUV, run over a guy's foot, and then blame it all on "the black guy"? Ahh, that completely makes sense!

I think she should sue the quack doctor who obviously is responsible for every single bad thing Lindsay has done for the last few years. She's the real victim here! She deserves several million dollars worth compensation!!

Posted at 12:53 AM on Aug 20, 2010 by Gloria Unread
__________________
Lindsy was not "misdiagnosed". I'm quit sure she paid a doctor a lot of money for her 1st visit to get adderall. There are plenty of doctors who will prescribe even stronger ADHD meds if you pay them a few thousand dollars.
I've said several times that these ADHD meds can mimic mental disorders.
I'd like to know how long ago it was that LL started taking adderall. Spring of 2007 after the coke charges is my bet.
LL problems started a long time ago.
I doubt the doctor knew about all of her problems & she probably told him/her that she had all of the systems.
Lindsay is NOT A VICTIM. She knew exactly what she was doing when she ASKED for adderall. Most of her former friends (Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, etc.) are on the same drug.
I'm sure Lindsay was taking a lot more adderall then what was prescribed by her doctor.

LL excuses for the DUI/coke charges when she took those guys for a "joy ride" had nothing to do with adderall. She was on coke. She was trying to get out of trouble by blaming the black guy. Lindsay is stupid.

Also, there is no evidence in her DUI/coke arrests that LL had a prescription for adderall or that it was even in her system.

Follow the logic. She was doing coke before & during she got her DUIs/coke charges. Then, she went to a doctor for adderall so she wouldn't get busted again.
All of the crap she has done have been a direct link to coke then adderall.

I've known people who have done the same thing. I'm not friends with them anymore.

Jim

What's for supper tonight Lindsey? What they servin' down at the nut house tonight? Did TMZ get a pic of Linds without her hair extensions and no makeup. I would really like to see a pic where all them frickles show up. It just makes me smile to see spoiled little twits suffer and this spoiled little bitch is suffering. I don't know which is worse her screwed up Momma or her. Hey Dina, there is an ice cream stand on the corner, get free ice cream for life card out. By the way Dina, I had Tuna for lunch....thought about you.

tabitha

this girl, is just crazy a case of im famous and i cant handle it...all the **** going wrong in this world and we got to hear about a dumb hoe like this....f..ck her and her problems, she is spoiled rotten little *******

doc benway

Misdiagnosis is a loaded term. LL sought out those medications to abuse just like everything else. It's unfortunate some physician was weak enough to prescribe them. ADHD is a BS diagnosis given by people who love to give out BS diagnoses. To blame her behavior on adderall is laughable, this is why TMZ is TMZ. There should be a motto right below the TMZ logo: "it's the doctor's fault". F@#$ you TMZ. you killed michael jackson.