Joey Lawrence -- Painful Script Ripped My Cornea

8/27/2010 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joey Lawrence is a sight for sore eyes -- according to source on the set of his new show, the actor "ripped his cornea" during rehearsal yesterday ... when someone jabbed him in the eye with a script.

Joey Lawrence
Here's how it all went down ... Joey was standing behind his co-star Melissa Joan Hart on the set of "Melissa & Joey" when another actor, who was holding a script in one hand, leaned in to hug Melissa.

According to eyewitnesses, the script-holder underestimated his reach ... and accidentally stabbed Joey right in the peeper.

We're told Joey immediately went to see a doctor -- and learned the script-jab "ripped his cornea."
Sources tell us Joey's eye is healing well and he'll be back at work tomorrow night.

Whoa!

jesse

what happen 2 this guy? he looks like he has lipstick on. hes creepy 2 me..drag queen maybe..

jesse

come to think of.. what is this story lol.. so stupid..must be a lame attempt to garner viewers for his new show that's about to be cancelled.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

did he died??

notatowniegirl

I had the same thing happen to me when I was a teenager (except the whole television show/melissa joan hart thing). It hurt like hell, and it took over a week before I could open my eye without blinking like mad and having tears pour down my face.

Hope it heals soon. Having one of your eyes out of commission like that is horrible.

Hep

This happened to my husband. It was the corner of the sports page (I'm sure he would have liked to have had Melissa Joan Hart as part of his story, too). He was in so much pain, he was practically bedridden...and he's the type who practically chops off his finger and continues to work, so he's no wuss. Definitely not a pleasant experience.

Canary

#10 - Yup, happened to my ex too... with the corner of a Burger King bag, lol. He was a carpenter, and had injured himself many times and just went back about his work. But that dang paper cut to the eye laid him out for a while.

Mikey

He shaves his eyebrows and paints them back on like an insane bag lady. Probably hurt his eye while shaving.

Jack

You guys have nothing better to do than report this garbage? You're ****ing pathetic!!!! TMZ SUCKS GET A LIFE!!!!!!!

Joey

Whoa!

Shenna

Why would a man with beautiful hair shave it off
and look ordinary.
What a waste.

Diane

Paper cuts are the worst!

annie2

Corneal abrasions are incredibly painful...not like you can bandage the eye. At the most you put a salve in and patch it for a while so you don't constantly tear up because blinking hurts so much. We used to have to use a numbing drop just so our patients could keep their eye open long enough to check their vision and eye pressure! Joey Lawrence is a good guy. All 3 Lawrences survived child stardom intact, drug free, jail free. Hope he heals up and I hope his show does NOT get cancelled. Still, Brotherly Love is probably the best show he ever did...

Freaks!

I don't know who he is, but I had a paper poke me in the eye and damn, it was PAINFUL!

Huh?

The Eyeball thing doesnt amaze me, the fact that Joey Lawrence is still acting does.

cochino

Ive seen the commericals for this lame show it wont last a season

neither hart nor him can act

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments