Paris Hilton

Charged with

Drug Felony

8/30/2010 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton will be charged with possession of a controlled substance -- .8 grams of cocaine -- this according to documents obtained by TMZ ... and it's a felony.

0830_paris_hilton_launch
We're told the D.A. filed the case today.  You can read the criminal complaint and the police report in this post.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, the cop who stopped the Escalade pulled along the passenger side of the vehicle and smelled "the strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle."

The cop writes he noticed immediately the passenger was Paris.  He then observed her trying to roll up the window.

After the traffic stop and a crowd of 100 people gathered around, Hilton said she was "extremely embarrassed" and asked the cop if she could go to the bathroom at the Wynn Hotel.

At the hotel, Paris told the cop she needed lip balm so the cop handed Paris her purse: "As she began to open it, I saw a small bindle of what I believed to be cocaine in a clear baggie begin to fall from the purse and into my hand."

The cop also says ... inside the purse was a "broken tablet of Albuterol" -- a prescription medication used to control wheezing.  And cops say they found Zig Zag wrappers ... commonly used to roll joints.

Paris then admitted the Albuterol was hers but she said the cocaine was not and claimed the purse was not hers -- that she had borrowed it from a friend.  The cop questioned Paris about the cocaine and according to cops Paris gave an odd answer: "She said she had not seen it, but now thought it was gum."

Note:  Paris has changed her story with friends, saying the purse was hers but had been in the possession of a friend.  Paris claimed to cops several cosmetic items in the purse were not hers, but she copped to $1,300 cash and some credit cards.

Cops say they found .8 grams of coke in the purse.

0830_hilton_arrest_footer

NoahSonOfNevada

The reason that she was sprung so quickly is because Nevada has what is called an "internal possession" law and she didn't want to give up her fluids. Once you are booked, you go through a Medical Exam that includes a drug test.

If she would have been found Dirty, she would have also been popped with an another felony "Internal Possession".

At least that was the law when I lived there.

Elithian

Hey Paris,
Need a good Substance Abuse Counselor? I can be available for the right price.

Elithian

Hey Paris,
Need a good Substance Abuse Counselor? I can be available for the right price.

DANA

how can you compare this spoiled cunnt with Lindsay?
Im not fan of ms.Lohan but as far as I know she s been working for herself since she is 9 years all and hasnt been dependent of her mom and dad like this coke head is.

Aniki0609

First "it's not my purse", then "it's my purse but a friend borrowed it and must have left the coke in it but I didn't know it was there" and now "it's my purse and I saw it but thought it was gum". Wow...telling three different stories is not going to convince the judge and jury you are innocent. She deserves to go down if not for the drugs then for her complete stupidity.

dee

Ah no that wasn,t my purse with the dope, well guess what this ain,t my period because it ain,t my body.

elle

Some one said that if she was just a passenger, they can't search her stuff. In one article, the officer said she (Paris) was looking through the bag for something and the cocaine fell out. She also had rolling papers that are used for weed.

BNHonest

So What! The Paris's and the Lidsay Lohan's of the world have a get-a-way with anything free card. Nothing will happen to her she's rich and she's white. Just keepin it real!

RJ Hunt

Paris is a coke head....THAT'S SO HOT!!!

Joe Navarro

Paris is just a drug loser I mean user, so what. Why did she want to go to bathroom? to flush away evidences? coke,weed ?? Paris is famous for being stupid and high. Her and lindsay are hollywood cartel. How much of a difference the world would be without Paris? I say snort and smoke til you choke...

Patrick

Paris is a member of the class known as the idle rich. She is young beautiful and bored to tears. I don't defend the drug use but do understand the blatant disrgard for law and authority. She IS above the law and that will be proven again with no penalty or a slap on the wrist while the poor black junkie that got popped a block away will do 10 yrs for the exact same offense. You watch!

Chris

"Sorry, that's not my purse." Hmmm, that's kind of like making a sex tape and then saying: "Sorry, that's not my *****."

lemonella

#15, She was roaming around like a criminal and had the coke to prove it. She is REAL criminal, or do REAL criminals apply to everyone else.

jbeans

Of course she's not worried, she's Paris Hilton! I'm sure she'll get the same "stiff" sentence as Lindsay! These hollywood skanks make me sick! I wouldn't watch any movie or buy any product they endorse! If you or I did half the stuff they did we'd be in jail for years!!!

Nikki

Paris became famous for, well doing snuff like this, oh I meant stuff one night in Paris,ahh. There's so many more places to hide things on a girl, but then again she's not that clever, so this may be what saves her at the end.