« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Maurice Clarett -- Running Back in Action

8/31/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Clutching the football like his life depended on it, former NFL prodigy Maurice Clarett smashed his way back to the gridiron yesterday for a workout with his new UFL squad ... and TMZ obtained the pics!

0831_clarett_photo_launch
Sporting his old lucky number 13, Clarett -- now 26 years old -- looked pretty good during his first full practice with the Omaha Nighthawks.

Clarett's teammate, former Green Bay Packers star Ahman Green, tells TMZ, “From a running back standpoint I’m excited to have him on the field.  He works hard and its great to have another guy that can run up the field, outrun guys and make blocks.  I’m excited.”

As you may remember, Clarett was arguably the best player in college football back in 2002 ... when he led Ohio State to an undefeated season and a BCS National Championship.

Soon after that season, things went south for Clarett ... starting with some drama involving the NFL Draft ... a few arrests ... and a subsequent prison stint.

But now, Clarett is back and ready to make his comeback ... and it looks like he's taking his second chance pretty seriously.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

he is a punk

Patti

Is he wearing bright red lipstick?

C-Money

I live in Omaha and this UFL thing is becoming a huge joke. I thought this was a league for guys to move up...not NFL'ers or rejects out of their prime.

Chuck D of Valpo

Other when he got drafted, this will be the closest Clarett will ever get to playing in the NFL. He screwed up big and time has passed him by. Let this be a lesson to all you future NFL wannabees. If you are fortunate enough to get drafted by the NFL, live clean, work hard, and it will pay off in the long run. Some of these "jerks" have it backward. There is plenty of time to make a fool of yourself after you are done playing in the NFL.

E

It is in fact NFL rejects and has beens. Clarett, soon to be robbing a convenience store near you.

anony

This guy screwed up big time.

IridiumKEP

This guy made some bad choices but the truth is that he was being controlled by the Israeli Mafia. Hai Waknine was his controller. Don't doubt their control. They run extacy MDMA traffic and black market organ harvesting. That's way he was rolling around with a ballistics vest and a Semi Auto AK47 and a bottle of grey goose. He was scared of loosing his life.
Glad to see that he got out from underneath their clutches.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I thought he was given a mind meld by the romulins and forced to digg for dilithium crystals and excaped to play football

gene yuss

The UFL needs people in the stands and viewers. Even the minor leagues in baseball have players who have played in the majors. Clarett is trying to move back up. Culpepper is only 33 so he could move back up as well. The league needs to get its name on the map. This has done it in my eyes. Had never heard of it before this

Casanova

Wonder where the big time consultants are now? He was a kid in 2002 and had his head twisted more than a guy hanging onto his facemask. These "friends" and "consultants" led him down a path of destruction.
I hope he does well and makes it to the NFL.

I'm a crazy person...

This guy needs to go away. PUNK!! This idiot tried to SUE his way into the NFL and lost. (Basketball isn't football. 280 lb. men are paid millions to rip your head off and this child that did well with other children thinks he's PRO material?!?!?!)

He eventually made it in and I was despondent to learn that my team (Denver Broncos) took him. That didn't last and like most... well, I won't go there... That didn't last and he was out doing drugs and committing felonies right away.

MAURICE CLARETT WILL NEVER BE BACK IN THE NFL. HE IS DONE. BARRING A MIRACLE, DONE.

coach curt

well i gave maruice his first helmet at 5yrs old,,and he had a gift then ...21yrs ago and he still attain that same gift..for all of you with the name calling and put downs...be careful not to throw stones from your glass house..learn from your mistakes..as reesy did ....adapt and overcome,,,go to your destiny reesy //i love you and proud of you

Chrissy

I am from Ohio and I am getting sick of hearing about him. They let him back into Ohio State and it just gets annoying seeing him on the news all the time.

coach curt

Well again what would it be like had maurice had not made mistakes..how much behind would he have left from the very same people that is condeming him...would be kissing his ---....so before you go and stay hurtful things ..what mistakes have you made.when he overcomes as i know he will and always has..see he was a little brave before anything..if y'all think you saw something just wait ...the best has not been shown yet.in fact keep giving him fuel,,,it feeds him..so keep talking trash....other than being a child of God...he was built for this......again his number one fan and one of his first coaches........ COACH CURT

Toy McDowell

I'm with you coach curt everybody makes mistakes and I'm quite sure ressy learn from his and if your reading this ressy don't let the haters get to you as a matter of fact repeat this everytime you hear something negative I CAN DO ALL THINGS THREW CHRIST WHO STRENGTHEN ME!!! I'm proud of you and that's from me, terrell, and bryant love ya

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments