T.I. and His Wife -- Handcuffed and Busted

9/2/2010 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has learned ... cops originally stopped the Maybach for making an illegal U-turn on Sunset Blvd.

TMZ has obtained photos of rapper T.I. and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle in police custody on Sunset Blvd. last night ... after they were each arrested for allegedly possessing a controlled substance.

TI and Wife Arrested

T.I. was placed into a squad car with an unknown male.

0902_tameka_large_EX_01

"Tiny" was taken to a separate squad car -- both were transported to a local Sheriff's station.

As we first reported, cops pulled over T.I.'s ultra-expensive Maybach on Sunset Blvd around 10:18 PM for a traffic violation and then smelled marijuana. During a subsequent search of the vehicle, cops say they found a controlled substance -- we're told it was not cocaine. The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

Both were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

They were released on $10,000 bail.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from federal prison back in December -- where he served 7 months behind bars for illegally possessing machine guns and silencers.

Law enforcement confirms ... T.I. is still on probation from the gun conviction, which means last night's arrest could qualify as a violation of his probation ... and he could be sent back to prison.

UPDATE: "Tiny" just twittered, "Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:-)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed."
0902_ti_arrest_video

jim

If you dont know who these ppl are why would you read the story and then post your ignorance? And 10,000 dollars to them is like 10 dollars to you.

cush/james

Greetings, first of all only the Lord knows what happened whether they willingly made a wrong turn in a car worth more than the cops who pulled them over's 401k,and knew they had THAT in the car, or whether the " secret people" are trying to destroy his mission in life by the way of publicity and as M.J. said, "ELECTRIC EYE's"
I was astonished when I heard it at first, but being a gifted artist myself, we as people cant condemn anyone whether they have money or not..
Look at both of their success..Tiny T.V. show..T.I.P./T.I.
Hottest P.A. and just made gargantuan amounts of fetti off a movie..
U think these people like the fact that these "role models to the minoriy" are still shining in these dark days....Selah
P.S..Im not speakin " racially cause im "the minority too" but the fact remains that T.I. and Tiny is still makin major moves...
Hell,they probably was set up for refusing the SHhhhhhh....CUSH

Breylin

Ti birthday is on the 25 in September why you going to get in trouble and ti is you comin to the bayfest in mobile please com because you need to come because people love you why you had to mess up why????? [crying right now]

ryan

Damn he got 7 months in federal prison (country club) for posessing machine guns AND silencers...THATS ALL!!! Silencers alone should have a minimum of 10 years cause there made for one thing KILL silently. Just goes to show the American people that celeberaties get away with alot more than your average citizen...7 months I cant believe that..

niema thomas

I am a fan of TI and Tiny, but i am very disappointed in them both. They were doing good and vindicating themselves. Shame on them for their stupidity. Tiny should be leading him down the right path. A woman has more sense than a man. Instead of her trying to have his back, she need to take the lead. Tiny is a strong woman, she needs to stand up for herself, and the life of her children before she ends up behind bars. I hope they get it together.

stenga

I just like the Act of that side, not like in African countries where money means all...lots of politics man!

Knowles

Tiny and TI I will Keep you in my prayers... Tiny I can relate to you and Staying by your man. Especially when he come home and It.... Here we go again. Your and Strong woman and , have been listen to Tip and my man tells me all the time that dude I s the realist it can be right non. rove you both prayers, prayers, prayers

hector lopez

thats crazy yo he messed up but with all that money he'll be straight . remember he only got a year for all that stuff he got busted for last time . if that were me i would of got 15 yaers in federal prison . money talks and bullsh@# walks, for real!!!

LANA

F**K whatever these ppl got to say about T.I.P... i'm going to pray for you and your wife..ight...love yah...member hold your head up HI...

Bam Bam

Tell Tiny quit bullsh*ttn and take that charge. FREEEEEE TI!!!!! He said that she'll ride for him so now it's time for her to eat that charge. He my dude but chick need to lay off the face injections... I would take eX too if I had to wake up beside that monster everyday.

Bam Bam

Maaaaaaaaaaaan that bitch should have ate that charge!!! He said that she would ride for him so what happened??? Tiny, lay off the face injections babe. You looked better without them...

Rosoce

What a Douche Bag!!! He'll just shoot another Road to Redemption series and get a little slap on the wrist. I'd have to pop ecstacy too if I was with a chick that ugly!!!

Abbey

they are so dumbb.

Dee

Unreal! I don't know what is worse...that they had a controlled substance or that they will get off because they are rich?

krazy

I'm really not surprised. Shame on them. They have a teenage daughter, how embarrassing. T.I. stay off talk shows talking about how you have changed your ways. Parents be a role model for your own children.