John Lennon's Killer Denied Parole -- Yoko 'Pleased'

9/7/2010 6:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man who shot and killed John Lennon in 1980 will remain behind bars for at least another couple of years ... after officials determined Mark David Chapman is still not fit for parole.

0907_john_mark_ono_BN_Getty_Wikipedia

Earlier today, the New York State Division of Parole informed 55-year-old Chapman that they had concerns "about the disregard [he] displayed for the norms of our society and the sanctity of human life."

It was nearly 30 years ago that Chapman gunned down the "Beatles" icon outside Lennon's NYC apartment.

A rep for Yoko Ono tells us she's "very pleased with the result" of today's hearing.

Chapman won't have another shot at freedom until August 2012 -- when he will become eligible for another parole review.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

supadupa

Imagine if this guy never took our John.

GEL

I would be really surprised if this guy is EVER paroled. I certainly hope he isn't.

Josi Coyote Verlingieri

I can't believe he would even be eligible for payroll. If he ever gets out he better RUN FOR HIS LIFE IF HE CAN LITTLE BOYYYYYYYYYYY!

MD

Sad thing is... if this loser had killed an ordinary joe instead of some famous hippie, he would have been granted parole a long time ago.

justsaying

either kill him or let him out of jail. if he had killed a lesser known person he'd be out of jail and owning his own business. this is why justice is NOT BLIND in this or any other country.

cindy

Hey Chapman, have a nice life!

raven

I had a friend that told me he was never the same after Elvis died. When John was murdered I felt the same. I still have a time believing what happened. Imagine if John was still alive today. Wonder what he would think of all the world now. Not much I'd guess.

vegaseric

They should have given him parole. Yoko is a clown. Did you hear her latest video? Screaming only?? Come on

Lovejac23

This sicko must he held in solitary confinement, because I cannot believe he is still alive. He must be nuts if he wants released.

melissa

I REMEMBER when John was killed-I was 7 & DEVASTATED! Harvey-could u PLEASE put up a better pic of John,he looks goofy here! John was a GORGEOUS man! MDC will NEVER get paroled cuz if he did,he would b killed INSTANTLY!JOHN IS MY HERO! LOVE YOU JOHN,C U ON THE OTHER SIDE!

richards

I will never forgive him. sorry

Dayna

This creep should NEVER get out.

melissa

Also-Happy 70th Birthday John-hope u have a WONDERFUL party up in Heaven!

iamsuperdan

Keep him in there. What benefit would releasing him have to society? After 30 years, there's no way he would be able to function in the real world.

And the above poster was right, if he had shot and killed some average guy, he would have been released years ago.

Eastender

He doesn't deserve parole. What has he done inside for murder victims everywhere? where is the mental health countseling. Well hell, at least he gets to F his wife every once in a while. Makes me sick -- regardless of the victim.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments