Donald Trump Offers Cash DEAL for NYC Mosque

9/9/2010 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is single-handedly trying to put an end to the controversial NYC mosque slated to be built near Ground Zero ... and he's doing it by flexing his wallet.

Donald Trump Mosque

Trump has offered to pay the owners of the property the amount they purchased the property for ... plus an extra 25%.

As part of the deal, Trump is asking that the mosque be built at least 5 blocks from the WTC site.

Trump says he doesn't even think his offer is a good business deal, but he's doing it, "Because it will end a very serious, inflammatory, and highly divisive situation that is destined, in my opinion, to only get worse."

Of course, Donald's offer is all cash. No word yet on how the offer is being received by the property owner.

0909_tmzlive_small_v2UPDATE: Harvey called Trump during TMZ Live today to talk to him about the offer ... click the audio player to check it out.

UPDATE:  The lawyer for the investor in the real estate partnership that controls the site just said Trump's offer is "just a cheap attempt to get publicity and get in the limelight."  But it looks like the investor is pissed off at Donald's price, not the principle.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

sassy

Yay Donald - You da man!!

Abigail

I think it's great he's doing this. It will really nip this whole situation in the bud. I think he's right. If they continue to build this thing I can see others trying to bomb the mosque in return, and inadvertently causing a holy war on our own soil. I hope these people take the deal.

Kim

THANK YOU DONALD!!! I hope they accept his offer!!

bring back recent posts

hey...for Donald..its all about public relations, new season starting up, trump change to him...don't let him fool ya!

Jordan

This link doesnt work to read the letter!

Send me a t-shirt!

Startmakingsense

I agree with Abigail. They should take the deal and build elsewhere. Let everything calm down.
I have always wondered why the heck it had to be 15 stories anyways?
I have never heard of a 15 story community centre. That's alot of craft rooms...

Texacan

Good move, relocate those creeps else where!

Patricia

WAY TO GO DONALD!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE STEPPED UP WITH THE MEANS TO GET THESE PEOPLE OUT OF THERE!
LEST WE NOT FORGET HOW MANY AMERICANS WE LOST ON 9/11 DUE TO THIS CERTAIN "GROUP"

Aileen (Canada)

Go Donald. I listened to his interview with David Letterman and I thought he spoke very elequently about this explosive situation. Good for him, putting his money where his mouth is. I'll bet the Muslims do not go for it though. They are all about the controversy and angering American's while they are at it. And nothing can legally be done, how they chuckle!

AvondaleAlly

GOD bless Mr. Trump for the most gracious charitable gesture of the 21st century! This is how gentlemen make their mothers proud.

Patricia

TEXACAN - You got it!!! I was looking for the right word, and "Creeps" is the right one!

Rowan

This is ridiculous. If they accept the money and move, then I have little respect for the people building the community center. The community center is not about making money. Of course The Donald wouldn't understand that money doesn't fix everything.

amber

could it be that the sunkissed donald is a hero?
Islam accepts my fart from under my short skirt.

SpeakTheWord

Wonder if they will say no........hmmmmmmmm

nancy