Lady Gaga -- Proof She Stole From Dead Friend?

9/11/2010 4:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of Lady Gaga's deceased friend is taking the singer to task because she feels Gaga stole her daughter's style -- and she's put together a video to try to prove her case.

0910_lady_gaga_video_tmz
TMZ has obtained the video made by Lina Morgana's mother made to show the similarities between the two singers. The video is set to a song Lina recorded before she committed suicide in 2008.

Lina and Gaga were friends before Gaga made it big, according to Lina's mom, Yana -- who claims the two worked together back in 2007.

Yana tells TMZ she just wants the recognition she feels her daughter deserves. She's also trying to secure the rights to several songs Gaga and Lina did together before her death.

Sources say Gaga feels awful that a woman died at such a young age -- but, we're told, they barely knew each other.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

awards

How was the sex?

Bryan

Some things are a bit similar. But not 100%; not enough to say she's copying.

kjs75

I'm not a huge fan or anything, but i actually *watched* the video and there is no blatant ripoff here. I really don't even see similarities to be honest.

Tamara

It's unfortunate the mother of this beautiful girl chose this avenue to grief the loss of her daughter. Truth is, she could've picked many famous females stars in this age group and put their pictures side-by-side for the same effect.

Rob

If you were to compare any pop star to any of the other, there would be even more similarities than what we just saw.
Madonna ripped off someone, then everyone ripped off Madonna, it's a repetitive cycle, but that's the evolution of art; someone does something, then everyone else does their own version of the same thing until someone comes along and does something brand new, and the whole cycle starts all over again.
I mean, sheesh, ever since Gaga came out, everyone from Miley Cyrus to Christian Aguilera have all been copying her style. It's the way it is, and it will always be that way.

Phreaky

How all of pop culture got punk'd into thinking Lady Gaga is a creative genius, and why it's time to stop:

And to think, the article doesn't even mention the fact she copied off of everyone from Madonna to Roisin Murphy to her "friend", and how she copied songs like Alejandro from Ace of Base's The Sign (check them out on youtube - they are identical).

Lady CaCa fans = some of the biggest suckers on the planet.

sickofit

That is Lady GaGa. She borrows from everything she has seen and heard. I have seen her look like Madonna, Rhianna, etc etc etc. She admits she does this. It is like she absorbs everything, turns on a blender in her mind, and out comes Lady GaGa.

John

The only similarity here is that they both look dress like complete sluts.

The final message about her daughter not being able to show the world her style/talents: umm...she killed herself, that's not GaGa's fault, its not like she murdered her then stole her gig.

Observer999

There have been 50 singers out there with similar looks and styles, some make it big, others play in local bars. Young women have been copying other young women's looks, clothes, makeup, postures forever, and it's common (and not wrong at all) to get ideas from others, modify them, and make it their own personal style.

I'm sorry this woman lost her daughter, but Gaga did not 'steal' anything.

KellyG

Give me a break. Both of these girls were burlesque dancers. The clothes and costumes pictured can all be attributed to that genre. The insinuation that this woman's daughter was some artistic archetype is comical.

DANA

I never liked this so called artist Lady Gag.
I acctualy find sympathic when she came out first with Just Dance and Poker Face. But after her 2nd album came out and seeing her live shows on youtube and TV with no musicans at all all the sound except her voice coming out from matrix and so many stupid dancers around and tastless coreography I just trow in my mouth.
I would never want to attend concerts or follow the music anymore of this cunnt.

Truth

THE GIRL SINGS BETTER THAN LADY CACA. NOT THAT AUTO-TUNED ELECTRO POPTART GARBAGE CACA DOES...

stacie09

I hate this woman! She's such a money seeking, fame hording woman who’s just wanting some money from Lady GaGa who’s been having money flowing in since she’s been on the seen. A lot of people dress like that now so that cant be proof. A lot of people pose like that in photos as well so that cant be proof. As for the singing there's a lot of people out there who can sing just like other singers as well so that cant be proof. I’m not just writing this because I'm a fun of GaGa but because I know that she’s not the only celebrity with this problem. I know that these are hard times but we don't have to sink this low people!

johnny

Whats that song?

Garnet

I can see vague similarities, but like many before me commented, you could put any other pop star up there as well. Don't forget, someone else is dressing Gaga, she might have some input, but someone else is paid to pick out those outfits she's wearing

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments