Kim Kardashian Upstages the Mona Lisa

9/15/2010 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chaos erupted at the famous Louvre Museum in France this morning -- with a team of security guards springing into action -- all because Kim Kardashian wanted to check out the Mona Lisa.

Kim Kardashian Sparks Security Alert.
Sources tell TMZ ... Kim and her mother Kris were swarmed by a massive group of paparazzi -- estimated to be 50 photogs strong -- as they entered the museum in Paris.

We're told a security team was assigned to the Kardashians -- and they were escorted directly to the Mona Lisa (pictured above).

But once they got to Da Vinci's masterpiece, people started going crazy -- taking photos, screaming their names ... and even asking the reality stars to pose with the painting.

Our sources say it got so hectic, that Kim and Kris had to leave the museum  ... right after they took one last photo for their Twitter page.

Joe Smo

# 2 is right. No photography allowed. It's ridiculous how celebs get away with this crap.

Angie

Everyone I know is so over Kim K and Kris J. Who cares??!! She does act as if Kim is her fav child...Khloe is right!!!

Shelly

I've been there, and photography is STRICTLY forbidden! We should all call the gallery and ask what the deal is!

Julianne

What the hell!!!! I was like almost tackled to the ground by security when I took out my camera and she gets to take a picture with the most famous painting ever!! the French are such hypocrits!!!!!!

kimberly

listen they are NOTHING compared tp the mona lisa!!!! its a bunch of bull****.... damn WANT TO BE STARS!!!! get a REAL JOB!!!!!!!!!!dumbasses!!!!!

t

There is no way she "upstaged" the Mona Lisa. kardashians are trashians. We are sick of hearing about them. They are non celebrities, they merely have a good pr firm promoting them.

Las Vegas

Man, there are a bunch of Haters here. What has she or her family done to you? Did you have to look at these pics or their shows?

And BTW, you CAN have a picture taken in front of Mona (now). There is a 6" thick plexy glass type material the painting is encased. I also have a picture in front of it.

Las Vegas

Also, if you were almost so called "tackled" while taking a picture in front of Mona, you must be fugly!!! I am not a Kardashian "fan", but there are such horrid comments on here, it's shocking. Do you have the money like that to spend on purses? Hell, if I had a window of opportunity to make that type of money while I was young, I would have jumped at the chance. They have their father to thank for their good name.

melinda

enough already with this family...getting kinda of annoying!

JAN

WTF??!!
NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY AHOLES!!! IT RUINS THE PAINTINGS!!!!!!!!!
Go figure, it had to be these losers!

Steph

I'm saddened at the thought that Europeans are as stupid as Americans with reality idiots. I understand getting excited if you see Brad Pitt even if that is still stupid because he's just a person...but Kim Kardashian? Really?! What has she done to be so enamored by her?

Vic

When I saw the Mona Lisa EVERYONE was taking pictures...there are signs saying you are not supposed to take pictures but people just ignore them and when nearly everyone is taking pictures it is overwhelming to stop all the people.

Adam

Enjoy it now, Kim. You really are nothing more than two tits and an ass, and that won't last forever so get it while you can!

Mick

what so important about this person, what redeeming value does she add to society

Yawdie Gyal