Lobbyists Use MJ's Death

to Restrict Propofol

9/20/2010 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's death is Exhibit A for California lobbyists who are pushing for a law restricting the use of Propofol.

MJ's Death
Michael's Law is being pushed by a group of people ... all of whom have lost loved ones to the misuse of Propofol. They've been going door-to-door in L.A. and Santa Barbrara -- handing out leaflets that describe the drug and how it killed MJ.

Their goal is "to prevent doctors from making careless choices, and stop them from administrating drugs that should not be administered outside of the hospital setting."

The Drug Enforcement Administration just announced it's considering tighter restrictions on Propofol.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

MissFinland

Two thumbs up! Here you can see how Michael keeps saving the world even after his death.

ps. F* you PASSION OF THE TAINT How can you call him selfish and self-absorbed person if you don't even know what he accomplished during his life? Haow many millions have you donated to charities? Have you even spoken out for any cause? He did and he saved the world.

Why bother, I truly loathe you for your words...

iFart

MJ always dressed so beautifully. I hope some good comes out of his death with Michael's Law, but I'd rather see Murray behind bars to set more precedents for greedy drug pushers masquerading as medical professionals.

Chelsea

Aww I like that picture of MJ.
Good choice tmz.

I miss you mike

Sam

I LOVE MJ
I LOVE MJ
I LOVE MJ
I LOVE MJ
I LOVE MJ
I LOVE MJ
I LOVE MJ
I LOVE MJ
I LOVE MJ
I LOVE YOU MICHAEL JACKSON! FOREVER IN MY HEART! I LOVE YOU MOST!

Nasiba

TO: PASSION OF THE TAINT SHAME ON YOU! HAVE YOU EVER DONATED A PENNY? MICHAEL DONATED HIS LOVE HIS MUSIC AND MONEY TO MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF NEEDY AND POOR PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD. WHAT HAVE YOU DONATED?

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO RESTRICT THE PROPOFOL USAGE!

Chico

This is AWESOME. Yes! If these laws had been in place (tighter restriction of diprivan/propofol...as in scheduling the drug to Class II) Murray would be sitting in jail right now! How in the world he crossed state lines with propofol, albeit through air or mail, and gave Michael Jackson the drug in a home setting with no resuscitative equipment, and is still free is beyond me. And what about the GF Nicole Alvarez? Didn't the propofol come to her mailbox? Why aren't charges being leveraged against her?

We need these laws so this won't happen to anyone else. I truly hope that the state of CA will not overlook this problem, like they have with other things pertaining to Michael Jackson. As much as Michael Jackson paid in taxes to the state of CA, you would think the least they could afford him was some JUSTICE, but instead he got some trumped up charges and a racist DA that was out to make himself famous.

lori

What good news !

I really do hope a law is going to be made to prevent Propofol from being used in private homes in future. I also hope the law will be made retrospectively.

MJ - LOVE YOU 4EVER!

mspaap

The fact that the quack Murray used a heart stopping drug and without medical equipment necessary to help resuscitate the patient, this quack intentionally failed to immediately call 911 for help that was less than ten minutes away.

Murry also intentionally failed to tell medical personnel he'd given the patient this drug that should only be administered in an hospital setting.

This drug is safe and valuable when given in a hospital environment together with critical medical equipment and staff.

What Murray did was intentional.

His actions and non-actions would cause any reasonable minded person to think he wanted to make sure Michael Jackson was dead before he could receive the help that could've saved his life.

Siggisiss

All my suppert to this group!!
They have lost loved ones to doctor´s "careless choices".
This is a slap in the face of Dr. Murray, who from now on, fittingly, can be known as the poster-boy of doctors who make careless choices (and thus kill their patients.)

Off to work!

sofi

Msaap,i totally agree with you.

This law should prevent doctors and also unskilled "so called" doctors such as Michael's killer to use propofol outside a hospital.

Cherwood

Propofol HOAX......
As much as this IS good news that they're pushing for laws to regulate Propofol, I'm not crazy about them using Michael's name in connection with this. IMO, having it named after Michael only solidifies Murray's case--that Michael was begging for it and Murray only gave in to him.
I know some disagree with me and that's fine, but there is NO PROOF that Michael was addicted or even begged for Propofol--all we have is HEARSAY from Murray, Cherilyn, some Dr. Adams character, and Klein--whether these people are credible or not makes NO difference, the FACT is, we only have their WORD that he asked for it, Michael is not here to defend himself.....
Further, the Propofol in Michael's body was so much that it was coming out of his eyeballs and was found in his stomach. That is only proof that Propofol was used to MURDER him, it does NOT prove that he ASKED for it........
And what of the vials of Propofol found in his room? Here's what: Murray's time line shows plenty of holes in it where he had ample time to stage a crime scene; LAPD never sealed the mansion off as a crime scene, therefore Murray had time to bail from the hospital and high tail it back to the mansions to hide Michael's bleaching creams, according to the bodyguards, and the family, Tohme and others had time to come in and do whatever they wanted before the LAPD arrived there....in fact, the LAPD stated there were more drugs found on their second visit to Holmsby....wonder why?
These and some other factors are why I don't beleiev in the Propofol lie--I think it was manufactured by whoever the killers are in order to distract from the REAL reason for his death..........
-Cher
No Peace till Justice!!
MICHAEL--ILOVEU4EVER!!!

Natalia

Propofol is relatively safe when used in a Hospital setting, along with other proper drugs, professionals and equipement. Lobbiests are jumping on the gravy train when it comes to one of MANY drugs that could be put into the same dangerous classification as propofol. If MJ died from the administration of whatever other typre of controlled medicine then I would bet a pretty penny that lobbiests would jump on that wagon.

mj fan forever

I'm happy even if they could do it before!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

maybe he should have spent some real time in the military instead of playing dress up in military style clothing..make a real man of him..

snowboardchick

propofol already is illegal to use outside the hospital. WTF are lobbyists doing telling doctors what they use on their patients? If you were having surgery or were in an ICU, I guarantee you want them to use propofol. They are lobbyists from other drug companies.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments