Oksana to Mel: Here's Why I Played the Tape

9/22/2010 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva sent Mel Gibson a long email on March 30, 2010 about the tapes she secretly recorded -- and one of her lawyers tells TMZ the email proves Oksana did not try and extort the actor.

0922_mel_oksana_EX_TMZ_03a.

In the email Oksana tells Mel she played one of the secretly-recorded messages from February 18 to her lawyer.

Oksana says, "As far as the tapes go, I only played one to my lawyer, becouse on march 15 Michelle  proposed on ur behalf not a very generous gift for our daughter and there was nothing for me."

Oksana adds, "My lowers also told me that Tom Hansen [one of Mel's lawyers] said I wouldn get a penny ..."

Although that sounds like Oksana is trying to use the tape to squeeze money out of Mel, one of her current lawyers, Daniel Horowitz, tells TMZ Oksana was extremely reluctant to play her lawyer the tape but felt threatened by Mel's legal team.

Horowitz cites this portion of the email, "My lowyers warned me that ur lawyers are cabaple of false fabrication about me in the press, i.e., an unfit mother, a prostitute etc so u can have the baby and I get to go to my 'f...ing moth hole' as u told me.  I had no choice, after all of this I had to play one message to them."

And Oksana continues in her email to Mel, "The messages we r talking about I kept on my phone purely for u, to c how scared we were and for u to understand what this have done to us, how painful these words were, but hopeffuly, eventualy to help us.  That was the only reason."

Daniel Horowitz tells TMZ, "Oksana was legally entitled to play all of the tapes for her lawyers and most clients would have done so.  She was being supremely careful of Mel's privacy because she knew that even lawyers in Hollywood might lose track of the tapes and she didn't want to hurt him."

Horowitz continues, "This is the opposite of extortion.  It's someone in love who wants things to get better."

0708_gibson_fotter_550

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mr Baxter

Um, this is concrete evidence she wanted more money from Mel. Lock her up, please.

Tellthetruth59

Oksana - your texts to Mel are so transparent. You are an amateur. I can't believe he fell for it.

moussemaker

Yes, as I have leaked in the other post. I snooped around on your website, TMZ! ;-)

Tellthetruth59

"I thank God and his immaculate interception?" ROFLOL! I can see you were really studying that catechism Oksana. Is God a football player now?

Curious

Mr. Harvey, you sly dog you! LMAO!

3Storms

What a load of crap. She infuriated him and picked fights with him, then recorded him, then edited herself antagonizing the fights out of the tapes, then released them to try to destroy Mel's career to force him to cough up millions under the threat of more damage to his career.

Her PR team that has been leaking this crap for the past few days isn't gonna change anyone's opinions about that gold-digger.

Cartman

Shaking him down for money isn't extortion? She just wants things to get better.. the kinds of things that cost money.

Weak. Her lawyer is a vampire too.

k

If I was sitting on the jury for this one, I wouldn't buy it, nothing for me....so I played the tape.....extortion. Put her in Jail.

lulusez

I wood bee willingk to give heer moneys so shes can take English lesonz.

awards

These guys know how to spin a tale! They tell us black is white and expect us to believe them... Good luck with that. They are approaching her level of deception, greed and delusion! What a team! What little respect I had for Ox and her team they just **** on. They are actively removing the benefit of the doubt from my mind! Nice work!

K

This is Gross,

I cannot believe we are able to read all this private stuff. I would just die of embarrasment.

Can you imagine if this was your private life !!!!!!!!

Never get involved with rich famous men, especially twice!!!!!

Genna

TMZ:

You made a factual error in your Horowitz article: Horowitz never said that "we know who leaked the tapes," he said "we think we know who leaked the tapes."

Tony

Come on Vivid here's another one! Oh hey how about Lindsay Lohan,Octomom and this bytch in a Vivid movie!

J9

"and there was nothing for me". Nuf said

Tellthetruth59

From reading this it looks like Oksana was jealous of her "king" and apologized for her insecurities (stalking Robyn?). It was the attorneys she felt threatened by and not Mel. But she does thank God for his "immaculate interception." ROFL! What a phoney and a fraud she is. Oh and God gave her permission to send that text to Mel. So you know He is on her side.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments