Katherine Jackson: Who Can Live on $26K a Month?

9/23/2010 10:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson can't make it on a $26,000-a-month allowance ... so she's asking for more.

0624_katherine_jackson_EX

TMZ found a judge's order filed yesterday in the Michael Jackson Estate case, in which the judge notes, "Counsel will give notice of proposed action re: adjustment to family allowance for the benefit of Katherine Jackson."

TMZ has already reported Katherine pulls in a temp allowance of $26,804 a month.

The document does not say how much more Katherine wants, but it's pretty ironic since she's making a lot of money on the side.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

casting couch

Yeah, she'd be digging into the food stamps on that measly allowance.

Throwback kid

Maybe Katherine will have to downsize and live like an average American, would that be so bad? Michael is gone now and the days of living in big mansions may be over. She will find out living like a regular person isn't that bad.

mo

That's more money than some people make in a year, gimme a break. I wish I had $26,000 a month!

me

i don't even make that in a year and she can't live on that for a month? WTF?

jennroseannelouise

are u seriously kidding me? god forbid shes have to shop at walmart, live on a budget and drive a normal car and wash herslef...get real

Ms Thang

Good lord! She cannot live on 26k a month? Poor thing, she will have to live like the "common" folk.

de`pain

Wow. Finding logic in this is like trying to pick fly crap out of pepper.

If I was getting 20+ k per month, I'd be helping so many people out!

mamajj

F U Lady. Be grateful for you 26K a month. Some hard working Americans don't make that in a year. And those are the same people who bought her sons albums & saw that movie This is it. Which made him & his estate millions. The same millions she is living on now. These sorts of people make me sick. It's called DOWNSIZE & BUDGET..try it.

Chico

At first I was thinking....WTH IS UP WITH ALL THESE MJ STORIES ON TMZ?

And then I remembered that the majority of traffic here at TMZ is due to MJ. So TMZ you should be thanking Michael Jackson, because this site like so many others, still profits from him, even though he's dead.

THE VERY LEAST YOU COULD DO IS CALL HIM JACKSON, HIS RIGHTFUL NAME.

Criss

I wouldn't mind "living in poverty" on 26K a month! This story is either wrong, or Katherine has lost her mind. Anyone who isn't able to scrape by, living on 26 grand a month, shouldn't even have access to 26 grand in their life! Didn't one of Michael's rhinestone gloves just recently sell at an auction for nearly 4x that price?

Chico

One more thing, TMZ. Bloggers were posting this story days ago. Try to keep up.

boredtodeathbycelebs

what a greedy bitch. and chico get over it i'd rather stare at a wall than here about his freak ass or his lame family again. There are starving children who die every day and her fat selfish ass cant live off of $26,000/month? get a life.

Jessica

Hey, I once heard this quote "Don't judge a book by it's cover"
You have to remember that Katherine does not live "a normal life" This is how it has been for a long time. Not sure what she needs the money for and it really is nobody's business. This is money that her son has left to her so just let it be. I am assuming that you are reading this article because you like MJ. He loved his mother beyond words and would give her anything so have some respect for the most important women in his life. If you don't like MJ, then find another article to read.

mary

I don't know who is more sleazy, she or Joe. Both are bloodsuckers.

Evan

This world is full of **** I tell you, you would think that someone who inherited 20% of a estate that owns a sony catalogue valued at atleast 1 billion dollars and Mijak catalogue valued at around 200 million dollars would get an allowance of more than $26,000 per month. I bet even the most average artistout there let alone one close to Michael Jackson's caliber lives off of way more than that. Prince once rented a house for $150,000 a month for crying out loud. It's racism if you ask me and yes Katherine please fight on shameless until you get your due respect.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments