Michael Jackson's Fortune -- That's How He Rolls

9/23/2010 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Jackson family compound where Michael's kids now live with Katherine is worth $4.2 million, according to new docs that list some of MJ's treasures ... like his fleet of Rolls-Royces.

0831_michael_jackson_EX_01

The Jackson Estate just filed a partial inventory of the tangible property MJ left behind when he died. Here's how it breaks down:

-- Encino mansion ... $4,150,000
-- Encino condo ... $315,000
-- Desert Auto, LLC (in CA) ... $676,317
-- 1998 Rolls-Royce ... $100,000
-- 1990 Rolls-Royce ... $55,000
-- 1988 Rolls-Royce ... $40,000
-- Several bank accounts ... $444,260

Total: $5,780,577

It's a nice chunk of change, but nothing compared to the real jackpot ... MJ's Sony Music Catalog -- which has been valued as high as $1 billion.

Siggisiss

To me it is chocking how CHEAP housing and vehicles are in the USA!!!
The Encino compound is LARGE. In Denmark you would be able to get a decent and quite luxurious house for that amount. But not NEARLY as large and exclusive as the Encino compound!!! Just a decent villa.
Same with cars. Here the price would be four to five times more. I think Imma gonna move over there!!!

Barbara

Michael is so cool yeah- I love you Michael! MISS YOU SO MUCH - PLEASE COME BACK TO HEAL THIS SICK WORLD (AND HEAL THE SICK AND GREEDY PEOPLE THAT STILL THINK YOU COULD DO BAD THINGS TO CHILDREN)

budsgirl11954

TMZ is detailing the worth of MJ now and in the future, I wish they would detail the true legacy of what this man left behind as he was so much more than just a rich musical icon. In America the credo used to be innocent until proven guilty...but unfortunately in MJ's case the media had him tried and convicted before the first witness was rolled out! Tom Mesereau cleanly and with truth on his side.. sliced and diced the DA Sneddon's lying witnesses... they perjured themselves...it's a fact. The evidence was tainted by Sneddon..it's a fact... Please Read the trial transcripts so that you may speak of it with some bit of credibility. The advisors in 1993 incident gave MJ very bad legal advice, and unfortunately for him...that became his albatross. He did settle but it was rarely reported that the agreement clearly admits NO wrong doing and there were NEVER criminal charges brought up cause there was NO convincing evidence. The father of that boy clearly and with court approval "extorted" money - what father would take money if his child is molested and sign off on an agreement that says MJ did nothing untoward to his child? a greedy one... The FBI has thick files on MJ, they have watched him for years.. and yet they never had anything to pin on him...... because there is nothing to find. Truth my friends
Truth will set us free
Google MJJJusticeProject... join us !

1uniquemonique

I noticed "Neverland" is not listed among the assets.

mymjj5

There has to be items missing from this list. MJ was involved in more things than this...like his own music and possessions which must be worth a lot too.
______________________________________________________________
@nobleday
You're 100% correct. There's no way on earth that the true net worth and value of a multi-billion dollar estate could be listed or accounted for with only a few sentences by TMZ. It's just plain silly for TMZ or anyone else in the media to think that the public is buying into their story regarding Michael Jackson's fortune. MJ's wealth was so vast, great and coveted that his enemies murdered him for it.

Marie

The media reported that MJ was half a billion dollars in debt.LIES!!!! That same media also said that MJ's musical career was over. MORE LIES!!! How come he sold out his 50 'This is it' concerts in one day if he was a has-been? Everything the media has reported about MJ in the past 20 years have been lies,lies,and more lies.

Colders29

MORE THAN A billion all back in the hands of the mofia that killed HIM.ELITE hard 2 beat ks my tassys lazzies

Marv

Michael I love and miss you so much! The media still doesn't understand that millions and millions of people all over this world will always love you no matter what lies they spread. Michael was innocent and anyone with two brain cells that has read the facts know that!

Thank God there was a Michael Jackson!

THIN LIZZY

You better believe Sony's glad he's dead. He would've been talking trash about them while cashing those fat checks from them.

Sherrie

Michael will be missed forever. It's just a shame that the Media still drag him through the mud.

Nicole

Michael Jackson was bestowed the titled of The Most Successful Entertainer of All Time by The Guinness Book of World Record. His Thriller album remains the Biggest Selling Album of all times. The Thriller video has been honor has the greatest video ever. Most of all, Michael Jackson gave to charities all over the world in the tune of over $300 Million dollars. When you see all that God allowed this wonderful man to accomplish of course he was worth more ALIVE than dead. I mean how can people continue to see this when he did what no other entertainer has ever did by selling out the 50 dates at the O2 arena in 4 hours. What entertainer can generate sales in excess of $85 Million dollars in 4 hours. Not One entertainer has ever did that, not one. So of course MJ was worth more Alive than Dead. His fans was only waiting on his next moves. They showed the world how much they loved Michael Jackson on June 25, 2009. Michael's fans has never left him like the evil people in the media would like you to believe they did. Rest In Peace, Michael. We Love You!!!

mymjj5

_____________________________________________________________
@Nicole
I agree. MJ's was a very wealthy man whose financial picture was not bleak on a downward spiral because of a half billion dollars of debt. If MJ were alive his fortune would have continued to grow. I really believe his debt ratio was continually reported in the media to ward off future extortionist.
MJ was worth MORE to his enemies DEAD than alive. That's why they killed MJ. Those enemies needed the money far more than Michael Jackson ever did.
(If MJ were alive they would still be broke looking for a way out of their financial woes)
All of them are a bunch of lying, theiving, pickpocketing white collar crooks!!!

Elizabeth

I know you are in heaven now. I hope to see you. You gave me a glimpse of heaven with your wonderful music. You were too good for this world. I love you so much & part of my heart is gone. Most people cant compare to you in any small way. You have a beautiful heart & is a beautiful man. I am so lucky I was alive at the time you were. I love you more & more everyday & hope I can tell you. Thank you for everything. I will never forget you

privacymjj

MICHAEL, my Angel, i wish you were here with me, with us!!!!
i miss you desperately baby!!!you 're my desperate need every single day...!
MICHAEL pls...come back to us...pls...
i love you forever sweetheart!!!God bless you...
L.O.V.E.

anna

dustin you can go to hell and never return you gonna be the one to burn in hell forever you jelous hater Michael is better off than u rigth now. LOVE YOU MICHAEL FOREVER.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments