Lindsay's Friend

Makes Plea to the Judge

9/24/2010 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One of Lindsay Lohan's close friends -- and a co-star in the movie "Machete" -- has written a letter to Judge Elden Fox ... pleading with him to spare Lindsay from jail time.

Lindsay Lohan friend.
TMZ has obtained a letter Electra Avellan wrote for the judge. We're told Electra wrote the letter with a few other friends -- and she's trying to get the letter to Judge Fox before this morning's hearing. It reads:

Dear Judge Fox,

I am writing you in regards to Lindsay Lohan. I have had the pleasure to get to know her very well and have endured the past year with her through her highs and lows. I am desperate to get this message to you. She is working really hard to be better and has done everything possible to stay healthy and clean. We (family members and loving friends) have separated her from anyone who can harm her or deviate her from her goals which are to be a model citizen. She is aware of her impact in this world and wants to rise from this. A few days ago she had a very low moment and made a mistake that has her so terrified it is breaking my heart. I am truly concerned for her well being.

I do not intend to tell you what to do, but as a model citizen to another, I must beg you to please not send her to jail. Jail brought her down, and created so many insecurities and anxiety that we are now fighting to strip from her. She is not going to make this mistake again. She is building herself back up every second and jail will only set her back.

Please Judge Fox look at Lindsay and know that she is a woman who is struggling to get her life back on track, maybe as a day patient and a lot of wonderful community service we can have her pay back the mistake. I also think that community service can show her a different human dimension and allow her to count her blessings more often. I want to see her succeed and shine again. Please help her do it. She wants to get away from this madness. She needs help.

Electra Avellan

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Eagle171

"We (family members and loving friends) have separated her from anyone who can harm her or deviate her from her goals which are to be a model citizen"

ROFL... I haven't had such a good laugh in a very long time

Joe

What a fantasy world these kids live in.

BW

She got out of rehab and started doing coke again. SMART GIRL

CN

BULL SH$$$ I wish this were True but I doubt it.. TRY 30 meetings in 30 days ..A sponsor No High profile Photo Shoots ETC..She AINT ready..Shes Young..I hope She turns Her life around

sharon

I don't mean to laugh but, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Uh, she tested positive for cocaine, she is in serious denial. I'll try harder next time not to laugh.

HARRY NIPPLES

She has no "impact" other than to embarrass herself. Lohan got lucky to land some roles as a child but has no real talent.

lulusez

She has done everything possible to stay healthy and clean...except staying healthy and clean. Do these twaats think everyone over 25 is stupid?

CeeAnn

After reading this letter and the extremely poor grammar contained within it, I would suggest that Ms. Avellan focus less on her "acting" career and enroll in an English class.

In addition, Ms. Avellan's statement that Lindsay "is working really hard to be better and has done everything possible to stay healthy and clean" is laughable. If she really worked as hard as you have stated then she would not be heading to court today.

Alexis

"She is working really hard to be better and has done everything possible to stay healthy and clean. "

Then, dear child, please explain how the drugs got into her system again. Did someone hold her down and force her to snort coke?

Chris

Sure she's done everything possible to stay clean. I'm so tired of lame excuses by overly privileged people. It's only a matter of time before she OD's for good.

And this line, "but as a model citizen to another," has got to be one of the supidest things I've ever read.

sharon

Electra Avellan

**********************************************************

Jail did not bring her down because she got special treatment from leaving the courtroom in a tinted police vehicle, un-handcuffed, until the day she got released. Not to mentioned all the late arrivals to her court appearances and the FU painted on her fingernail. She was warned by the Judge, but as she has shown she has no respect for the law or authority, maybe 30 days in jail, the FULL 30 days, maybe a wake up call for her. Your letter is only enabling her, not helping her.

Alexis

Cassie

WHAT A JOKE. Go directly to jail; do not pass go, do not collect $200.

the sea

"She had done everything possible to stay healthy and clean"

Uh...by going to Hollywood parties? Yeah, that'll help!

Race care nut

Hey Electra. You write like a ten-year-old kid. Your idiot friend is going to jail because she broke the law. It's no more complicated than that. Have someone with a GED explain it to you.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments