Octomom

Everything Must Go!

9/25/2010 6:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Deep in debt, facing foreclosure, and trying to feed her children ... Octomom did today what any responsible mother of 14 would do ... had a yard sale!

0925_octomom_TMZ_LAUNCH_EXP
Nadya Suleman tossed her goodies on her lawn in La Habra, CA in an effort to make some scratch. As we first reported, Octo is behind about $7,500 on her mortgage payments -- plus she owes a whopping $450,000 balloon payment which is due October 9.

The big item today ... you can get your pic with Octomom for just $10. That's about $9 more than it's worth ... but it's for a good cause.

InTheKnow

I don't feel sorry for her. Nada. I feel for the California taxpayers who'll be paying for those kids for the next 18 years.

Bernice Madoff

Reminds me of ANNA Nicole- hooking it.

carol

#98 Me - You go support her. Put your money where your mouth is or in this case where your typing is. I don't feel sorry for any of them. I feel sorry for the California taxpayers.
It's sin they have to be burdened with this mess.

Bruno

What a freakin mess! Just throw some sh*t out on the lawn and then beg in front of the cameras. What a loser. Get used to yard sales Octoskank, they are going to be your new version of the mall.

carol

Don't waste sympathy. She had all these kids - all of them with no visible means of support, no job and with the full intention the STATE will take care of us. It's unfair and unjust for taxpayers.

Melinda

Anyone who has seen even five minutes of this woman on TV (the radar online interviews, her oprah appearance) can see that she's clearly mentally unstable.

Her parents enabled her for a long time with the other kids and that crazy, money hungry doctor should never have implanted ONE embryo into this nutcase since she already had too many kids to handle.

But the fact is that she alone is responsible for these children. I don't know for SURE she's mentally ill, but it's not rocket science. She's manic, practically screaming all the time or talking very, very quietly. Most of what she says is fictional, and very transparently so at that.

I worry very much about these poor kids. Many of them seem to have developmental problems, not uncommon in multiple births. Having ONE CHILD with a developmental problem is a full time job. Having several? I just don't know how all these kids are possibly getting the attention each one needs. They sure as hell aren't getting a real mom to spend quality time with them. It seems like a house with the original six kids would have been a madhouse. Now this....those poor, poor kids.

People can say, oh she loves them, all they want. But it's not a matter of love. It's a matter of providing a SAFE, FAIR, SUPPORTIVE and HEALTHY home for these children and even if she had the father living with her, that's near impossible. Love is not enough, particularly when you're unstable and financially unsolvent.

I do live in California and I don't really see any choice but to support this woman through the taxpayers' funding. To those of you complaining about it, consider that the sad truth is that whatever payout this woman gets for each kid is just a mere drop in the bucket that CA pays every year to people who apply for it.

A good chunk of those people didn't do anything wrong and didn't expect to be in the dire straits they are in. Not all of them are like this woman who appears to have been sponging off the state for most of her adult life.

anh

Let California take her kids. Teach her a lesson and make an example of her. Callous? So what? Responsible? Yes.

She's forfeited her 'rights' by by proving she is unfit and a mental hazard to her kids. Once the state takes them, she can have her 3rd IVF treatment she said she wants and plastic surgeries galore.

breze

Just because she had 14 kids and losing her home doesn't mean she is not a fit mother. She treats her kids extremely well in the worst situations. But I feel really bad for the innocent.

carol

To Melinda - I do feel sorry for you and others in California who are supporting this group but throwing help to her is like throwing money into the wind. You said yourself she is mentally unstable and she is I believe. Rather than support her, the State of California should step in and take all those kids away- they would be better off adopted out where hopefully loving parents will support them and nuture them. Supporting an unstable environment as things are now is truly a waste of taxpayer money - throwing money and support down the toilet. She claims to love them - love isn't enough and its so unfair for others to have to pay the way for this group.

Jessica

Good thing she fires her free childcare, blows 1000s at the MAC counter, shops at BEBE and treats herself to gym memberships she can't afford. I'm sure this garage sale will put food in the mouths of 14 kids...

Unbelievable

WOW, this chick thinks by selling old used kids clothing shes going to receive $450,000? You must be kidding?!?

I feel sorry for HER FOURTEEN KIDS.

who_is_mistyhomas

Don't you think if someone helped her that she would just take that money & use it on more plastic surgery? People make mistakes, but she's put herself first given all the opportunities she's had to use for her children. This isn't a cry for help, but a cry for attention. There are plenty of children that are homeless that don't have the luxury of even being on the brink of foreclosure, so why do people feel the need to help HER instead of kids who are dying of starvation in other parts of the world? Her kids should be taken away!

@ post #75: I'm not saying that all single mothers take advantage of the welfare system and I'm definitely not saying that you don't deserve the help, BUT a lot of people take advantage of it. Our economy is down in the dumps partly 'cause of people who choose to sit on their A$$ all day and not work. Sad to say, but my husband is Mexican & almost his entire family are lazy bunches of people who don't work & live off welfare. He has relatives that have 1/2 dozen kids and their goal is to have 10 even though they cannot even afford it. I wish someone would make them use birth control so they can't reach that 10th child. It makes me sick that I work, go to school, and pay my taxes so these people can abuse the system by selling their foodstamps and not working while I have to struggle without the help of any aide. Once again, I'm not saying you but it's because there are more people abusing it than people relying on it as a helping hand.
who_is_mistyhomas@yahoo.com

TRUTH

It is really sad what she is doing to the kids, they really have to be scared and even frightened of what is going to happen to them. Someone from child services should show up and do somthing about it. It is crimminal for them not to.

I just feel she is a selfish person to put her own need to have all the children ahead of thier needs. This they do not need.

Strunz28

Just s*** the c*** and pay for all the kids you should not have had in the first place..

anh

dear breze (nadya or spokesperson) - Times have changed, people are smarter now, and know she is a grifter clearly exploiting her kids. So, CPS is the only answer. Maybe she'll reflect on her parenting skills in her plastic surgeon or OB/GYN' office next time she's there. Or maybe she won't. The US citizens think not.