Lindsay Lohan --

No Time Limit for Rehab

10/6/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan will definitely be in rehab at least until her court appearance later this month -- but how long she stays after that will probably be determined by the judge.

Lindsay Lohan rehab.
Sources tell us ... the plan is for Lindsay to stay in rehab at least until her October 22 court appearance before Judge Elden Fox.  As for how much longer she stays ... we're told by the time of the hearing, Judge Fox will have docs from the doctors at Betty Ford, evaluating Lindsay's problems and progress.

If the judge determines Lindsay would be better served with rehab than jail, it's all but certain her stay will be extended.

As for the October 22 court appearance, Lindsay does not have to show, because in misdemeanor cases lawyers can appear on behalf of the client.  But ... Judge Fox clearly thought Lindsay would be present since he assumed she'd be in custody until the hearing ... so it's a good bet she'll be there.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Brian

She looks just like Betty Butterfield in these recent pics. Youtube it!

Larry

Lindsay is right where she belongs. This from one who knows. Her problem is addiction not criminal. Plus, they need to ensure that her family, then enablers, don't get to her.

sammi

Even if you hit rock bottom doesn't mean your still not in denial or still wanting to get help. For some there's no turning back and that's just the reality. You have to address the behaviour and be willing to change the behavior. And the life style shes in there's going to be drugs everywhere and you need to just say no thank you been there and done that. She needs to find a purpose in life outside of the fantasy world she lives in when she is acting. She has to much time on her hands that she can really be a contributor in society. Shes a very like-able person and she can come ahead of this evil.

Anonymous

Lindsay Lohan is gorgeous,beautiful and sexy fromn head to toe. To see Lindsay Lohan totally in the nude on purpose is my all-time #1 favorite way to see Lindsay Lohan. Someday Lindsay Lohan and I will meet each other on purpose. From Lindsay Lohan's future husband and from Lindsay Lohan's only male slave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren

Lindsay could have killed someone, it is about time she paid the piper and took responsibility for what she did. Addiction is a disease, but she acts like what she did was no big deal. I hope she gets help and can back to acting, she has a lot of talent and I wish her the best.

Lindsays Friend

... Hi Lindaisy! Hey booful!!

... a-a-a-h-h-h ... the peace, the quiet NO MORE PAPPA-ROT-SEE for awhile!! :-)

seriously -- I BELIEVE that you are so desparate to get away from the filthy vermin that you would do coke just to get back into re-hab and away from the s***!

Hope things are going well -- stay hidden -- thos of us who truly love you don't need a papparazi "Lindsay fix"

... Get better, Lindaisy -- TRULY BETTER this time, 'k? Even ditch the cigs -- it's time now, dear one, to get your life back -- and better than ever ...

In His Love -- your Affectionate Fan !

A YOUR ANGEL

LINDSAY MY DARLING YOU NEED FORGET THE PAST THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IM HEAR ABOUT HER FAM PROBLEM MAYBE YOU SUFFER ALL OF THIS
AND THIS IS MAKE YOU IN DOWN THIS NOT EASY FOR HEAR THIS:((
I WISH I COULD HELP BUT I DO WHAT I CAN ...
LINDSAY YOU NEED TAKE YOUR LIFE IN SERIOUS AND NOT GO WITH PEOPLE GO TO THE CLUBS AND DRINKING I CARE ABOUT YOU
I WISH YOU READ ALL THIS AND TAKE THIS FOR YOU NEW LIFE
I HAVE MANY IDEA FOR YOU IN ALL MY HEART I HOPE THIS IS WAS SO GOOD FOR YOU IF YOU FEELING ALONE DONT WORRY NEVER EVER AND NEVER STAY WITH PEOPLE THEM WANT SEE YOU WEAK IF YOUR PAL GAL HAVE SO MUCH CARE THEY ARE NOT GIVE YOU BAD INFLUENCE
YOU NEED THINK YOUR FUTURE AND CREATE GOD THINGS THINKING POSITIVE AND NEVER AGAIN TAKE YOUR LIFE DOWN YOU AMAZING WOMEN
SMART AND FUNNY .-)I THINK YOU NEED GO AWAY FROM L.A AND DO SOMETHING DIFFERET AND JUST FORGET SAMANTHA AND ALL THIS BEHIND YOUR LIFE IM FOR YOU LINDS WHATEVER ANYTIME YOU WANT IF YOU WANT CALL ME YOU HAVE MY PHONE TAKE THIS FROM DINA YOUR MOTHER.-) NOW TAKE YOUR LIFE EASY CHANGE YOUR ASSISTANT B/C SHE LOOK SO TIRED YOU NEED SOMEBODY STRONG AND NOT EXHAUSED YOU EED SOMEBODY TO CARE NOW AND LINDSAY STAY ALWAYS SMILE BIG SMILE
I WISH YOU THE BEST IF YOU WANT IM WILL BE YOUR SPIRITUAL TEACHER IF YOU WANT SOMEDAY TO VISIT JUST CALL ME OR SHOW UP
YOUR A-YOUR-ANGEL !