Singer Mario Arrested -- Allegedly Attacked Mother

10/1/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mario -- the platinum-selling R&B singer -- was arrested in Baltimore this morning for allegedly assaulting his own mother in an apartment they share.

Mario arrested.

According to police, Mario's mother Shawntia Hardaway -- a former heroin addict -- told cops the former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant had been "throwing and damaging property" ... and pushed her around with his hands and forearms.

Cops say they found several broken items inside the apartment -- including a broken china cabinet, a busted mirror and a hole in the closet door.

Mario's mother also told police the 24-year-old singer had attacked her earlier in the week -- in which he pushed her "eight feet into a living room wall, where Ms. Hardaway hit her head on the wall."

Mario -- real name Mario Dewar Barrett -- was eventually arrested this morning for 2nd degree assault. He was released on $50,000 bond.
0720_mugshot_footer

alexandra

I love Mario he's hott N he seems to be a real good kid. If anyone of you dumb asses saw the do***entary he made a while back, his mother is a heroin addict, has been one since he can remember. If any one of you has ever dealt with a crackhead, you know that they are beyond volatile and delirious. I doubt very much that he hit her or did w/e she says he did. He may have broken stuff out of desperation if he found drugs in his home. I don't feel sorry for her at all! I feel sorry for him, and other kids like him, being brought up by crackhead parents, neglected and abused, growing up too soon. HE lives with her in his efforts to keep her clean. it's Just a real shame that that no good excuse of a mother can't see all the damage she's already done to her child.

es.hartman@yahoo.com

We hope that Mario and his mom resolve this quickly, there is nothing like a drug induced squabble to ruin a perfectly sound music career, or wait, now that isn’t right. Mario, on second thought, we suggest you cash in on this as much as you can…

KateMae

That's some family pedigree!

Dwayne

You people are some real clownz. Really! This guy has been through alot. He has made alot of money doing what he does (Great singing) and has given alot of it up to his heroin addict mother. Correction: She has TAKEN alot of his money. If you youtube the do***entary MTV did on he and his mom you idiot's would be singing a different tune. Hell, we need to be glad he didnt beat her ass. Mom or not. Its only so much a human being can take for so long. People are so judgmental. Makes me sick

josephrice132

I think we need to look at the big picture and how our media seems to be at the right place at the right time to get all of the details when a person...and dont forget he is a person, seems to fail, but what did we hear about his efforts to clean his mother up? only what he said in interviews and on a show which by the way also failed....But this..But this my friends will spread like wildfire.....Lets all try to remember that we, including Mario are al foulable, and can all be subjected to life's trials ...let's practice humanity and pray for him and his mother......

Spontaneous

Everyone is judging BEFORE you know the facts. He does NOT live with his mother. If anything she may live with him. She is a drug addict, not former. She needs help not him. No one know what happened but the two of them. He is NOT gay.

Racheal J

I feel that Mario is a wonderful singer and yes his mother was addicted to drugs for most of his life. We really dont know what happened between the two of them but if you were to look into his I wont love you to death you can see that his mother was not ready to get off of the drugs, so she may of still been using them. I just hope for the best for the both of them and i pray that they both get the help that they need.

keirstenn<33Bitchhesz;

damee'peoplee yall aree really makinqq mehh mad bouhtt'youur stupidd commentsz!,yall needa hop awff mario's sackk causee yall are qettinqq mehh pissed cause yall'talkk alowtt uff'e shieet.mario isz uhh grownassz quyy he can fiqure disz shieett ouhht on hisz'own!,ehhtsz his problem nott yallsz so jszt move on&&grow uhppe!.

Jay

I'm sure she had a crackhead moment and he didn't put his hands on her to hurt her. He's a good son to her and she probably was acting a fool and he was doing what he had to do. In this situation it makes him look like a young man who hit his mom...but I'm sure there is a whole part to this story we don't even know. Besides...he paid for the stuff he can break what he wants!

Sabeezy

Wahtt thee Fawkk. Youu dumbb ass haterz need to shutt the ****k upp! his mom lives with while all thesee other celeberties forget about there family members when they get money mario didnt he stuck with his mom moved her into his home so she could get better with her addicttionn. Am pretty sure he didnt hit her were all humans we make mistakes. why dont you guys have some damn empathy! ReallY wanna know more listenn to the song "Do right" by mario! ****k Haterzz!

BUTTERSCOTCH

Mario people are saying negetives things only to have you made fun of or just to add new gossip. You spent all this time trying to help your mom, well now it time to help your self. When she is ready then you help her until then take your little bubba by his hand and move forward in life because situation like this is only going to slow you down take care and we're all are praying for you from your number one fan.

d.goree

Everyone wants to talk so much **** about what he did but if your mother isn't addicted to drugs then you have no idea what he's going through. No I don't condone putting your hands on your mother but I understand the feeling behind it. I am 21 years old, my mother has been addicted to drugs before I was born; I can honestly say I know what he's going through. Mario keep your head bro. Let your mom know you do the things you do because you love her. God bless

k

no yall are stupid, his mom lives with him. His mom is a drug addict, and she probably pushed him the wrong way. she is always spending his money on her to support her.

denise

no excuse to put his hands on his mom, but i'm thinking its mostly cause he's trying to help her..but she still going to do what she wants no matter how bad it hurts him and its stressing him out.

meshia

I don't think that Mario would hit his mom. Come on Mario a sweet heart like him. I DON'T THINK SO. HE JUST SEEMS SO SWEET. I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS JSUT A SWEET HEART.