Oksana's Closest Advisor -- Long Rap Sheet

10/4/2010 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A man with a history of firearms abuse has become Oksana Grigorieva's key man and constant companion, and friends of Mel Gibson say he is deeply concerned about the safety of baby Lucia.

Oksana bodyguard.
Kristian Otto Herzog has been working as Oksana's bodyguard for months, but multiple sources in the case say he has become so involved in the custody war, he is calling the shots. Herzog is the reason Oksana has changed lawyers so frequently -- when he doesn't like them, they go.

Herzog -- who now has what is described as a "deep relationship" with Oksana -- is constantly around 11-month-old Lucia, and Gibson is worried.

For starters, Herzog has repeatedly impersonated a police officer with loaded firearms.

In 2009 alone, he was arrested twice and each case involved firearms. According to court records, in April, Herzog chased two men who were driving in Hollywood, confronted them and accused them of cutting him off.  Authorities say Herzog impersonated a cop in his Crown Victoria, with a placard on the dash which read "Police Interceptor." Herzog was carrying a loaded semiautomatic firearm.

In May 2009, Herzog followed a woman out of a Ralph's supermarket, turned on lights and a siren he rigged on his car ... and after she stopped, he began asking her personal questions. She freaked out, drove away and found a nearby cop, who arrested Herzog. At the time of his arrest, Herzog had a knife in his boot as well as a loaded semiautomatic handgun which was not registered to him.

Herzog was charged with multiple crimes and pled no contest in October, 2009 to two counts of impersonating an officer -- both felonies. He was sentenced to one year in jail but was given credit for time served -- he was in jail for 255 days after his second arrest in May.  He is on three years probation and prohibited from possessing a firearm.

But recently, two people accused Herzog of making death threats against them for not testifying against Mel Gibson in the ongoing war.

Herzog, who has an explosive temper and uses it frequently with the players in the current case, including Oksana's lawyers, has been convicted of two other crimes.

It's ironic -- since their mediation, Oksana has claimed Mel Gibson is a danger to his children, yet she is allowing a man with a history of firearms abuse and a nuclear temper to essentially live at her home, where he is constantly around the baby.

Sources tell us ... Mel's people have asked Oksana to keep Herzog away from the baby, but she refuses.

No comment from Oksana's camp.

gonesi

As gonesi said water finds it's own level.... some of us in Australia say sh*t finds it's own level. Skanksana fantasised she was in Mels' league but the nature of the beast prevails....she is, in reality, on the same level as this Herzog thug. They're both bottom-feeders and they deserve each other. Please, someone, save those children stat!

Posted at 2:45 AM on Oct 4, 2010 by little aussie reader
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are on the same page little aussie, this will happen over and over till that kid is out of there.

Because Oki found others with the same background and values is the reason, I think, this whole deal morphed so quickly. The same reason the public has watched in disbelieve. The only people this would look normal to are police. They are the only ones who see this kind of thing all the time.

She isn't some innocent Bo Peep. They are putting their collective brains and 'values' together and playing every end of it. I feel, that makes it very dangerous now and in years to come. These people wait quietly for an opportunity like this one. Once they have it, they are going to never let go till they have torn the very last scrap of meat off the carcass.

Maya

Where is Tim Dalton's concern about having this guy around his son?

WhoKnows

I agree, jechrist. I think she is a criminal, plain and simple. The sad part is that she brought a baby into this world and uses that baby for her own ends. What kind of freakin' mother and family does she have that encourages this as well? It's sick. It's disgusting. I don't think I have enough adjectives to describe what I think of her and her ilk. But I try to believe that she'll get what she puts out. It might take awhile, but I think that once she gets what she thinks she wants, she'll wish she never had it. All the money in the world will never give her a relationship with her children; or friends that aren't the same kind of leech that she is.

WhoKnows

Good question, Maya. I may be in the minority, but for some time now I've not thought very highly of Mr. Dalton. The only time he spoke up was when something was directed AT HIM!

jechrist

@91...you said it ...because she is looking at prison time. if all this can be proven it is xtortion. i wondered why mel's camp was so quiet. they probably have info that would make our hair curl. it had better all come out, cause i don't believe MG is caught up in this. i just can't believe it. he should have looked closer befor he leaped!

misssahara

All charges of Mr.Gibson's DV is nonsense. If Oksa had even one little bruise. she called police instantly....but she hadn't, Mr.Gibson didn't touch her...Therefore she started to record him and edit tapes Her family hepled her to sell tapes and to hide money. I wonder why LA justice is so blind!!! It protects an alien-extortionist and doesn't want to defend Mr.Gibson (a USA citizen and big taxpayer) And now another thing -a bodyguard-felon, who gets salary from Mr.Gibson's 20.000$ child support!! Thanks to LA judge all felons are put on money allowance

Maya

Posted at 3:09 AM on Oct 4, 2010 by WhoKnows

Still waters run deep re Dalton. He is trying to protect his son by keeping quiet but the relationship with Grigorieva is tense. I know that bloggers here do not live in LA but TMZ must know this guy by his rep. It's no secret.

WhoKnows

Jechrist, I'm sure he wished he would have, too. However, I think unless you're a criminal yourself, human nature takes people at face value. How does one protect oneself from a sociopath? She's shown herself to be cunning and manipulative and with him being in a vulnerable place at the time, it was a perfect storm.

jechrist

i mean this is playing out like a bad, predictable hollywood B movie...cast of characters and all. how the hell did MG, one rich, hollywood bigshot, get mixed up with all these lowlifes. i've said b4...he didn't deserve what she did to him and i'll say it again. but this stuff is really rich!!! i can't blieve this.!!

gonesi

Posted at 3:09 AM on Oct 4, 2010 by WhoKnows

Posted at 3:18 AM on Oct 4, 2010 by Maya
.....................

"I know that bloggers here do not live in LA but TMZ must know this guy by his rep. It's no secret."

What is the deal? I too have always loved watching TD, but leaving his kid in this has caused me to look at him quite differently.

Oki runs around saying she 'fears' for her life, yet here is one child that could easy go live with Dad till this is over, but hasn't. Someone says in Calf he is at the age of consent blaa blaa blaa, but something is realy wrong with this picture.

The bottom line for me is I would want my child out of this gypsy nest were people can't pray the truth. I've never seen anywhere that I think would be a more trashy place to raise a child than that envirement.

middleagedcrazy

Good morning all --

Weren't some of our really good researchers (V, I think was one) the ones who started looking into this character?

No BBB rating, no licenses, etc. I remember him coming on the board a lot of times and, in his own twisted logic, accused us of not supporting veterans unless we supported the piano player.

Gaaak, ptui, ptui, ptui. All of that scamming group seeks its own level.

Time to get everybody packed and out the door to school. We all start early here.

Tee hee

Sefa

It's funny that "Team Mel" are saying this guy is a danger to Lucia but not Gibson. Gibson went on a rampage towards her mother, you have no proof that this guy has done the same. They might both be psychos, but the big difference is that Mel has gone on explosive rants towards Oksana. If this Herzog guy did the same, I'm sure she'd have him arrested.

janet

Now Ox is saying nothing.

Your Aunt Bea

byme

People are entitled to their beliefs... much the same as you are entitled to yours.. no matter how stupid... I respect your right to have them.

The said 'washed up loser' probably may not choose to swap bank accounts, jets, houses or talent with you. And by the way... show me your proof that Mel hit her. If you look at the whole thing, Herzog might well have smacked her in the mouth. He's the one shooting his mouth off about the $200million. Oh yeah, I have as much evidence of that as you do... so biteme, byme

WhoKnows

Hey ME...prove he hit her, ok, then we can have a rational discussion.