Courteney Cox and David Arquette

Separated

10/11/2010 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Courteney Cox and David Arquette have separated after 11 years of marriage ... and TMZ has learned they've been separated for several months.

Separated
A source close to the couple tells us the two are "still friends" and they maintain a business relationship with each other. In fact, sources tell us ... no lawyers are involved.

The couple has one child together.

David and Courteney met on the set of "Scream" sometime around 1995 ... and were married in 1999. They are currently co-starring in the upcoming "Scream" movie due out next year.

There was a hint of things to come back on September 25 when Arquette was spotted out, sans wedding ring.

UPDATE: The couple has released a statement saying, "We have agreed to a trial separation that dates back for some time. The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage."

The statement continues, "We remain best friends and responsible parents to our daughter and we still love each other deeply."

1001_arquette_footer

Sarafina

Shocker! I'd thought they'd last...seriously!

huney

It's funny how the basis of the story is a pic of David not wearing his wedding band. However in the photo gallery "of better days" there are several pics of him not wearing it. Maybe people should not read so much into things!

Scott Guiher

Truly sad news.

holly

That's too bad..... But it's weird that David's best friend Ben Harper is seperating at the same time too..... coincidence I dunno?

D

I don't know them personally of course, but this is too bad. Maybe they can work it out.

kay

HA HA HA HA!!!!

KARMA KARMA KARMA!!!

Lets see now....Jen Anustain, Chelsea Handjob, jenny McCarthy, Laura Dern, and now Courtney Cox. I guess the cougar patrol will be on the hunt again! hehe! KARMA BABY!!

MelB

Maybe she'll go back with Michael Keaton where she belongs..David and his whole family are a pack of weirdos

No comment

I hope she has a prenup because she made million per season on friends. Why is he famous? I thought he was mentally retarded when I saw him in the first Scream.

Clooney is GAY

WOW, another FAKE HOLLYWOOD ROMANCE comes to an end. OMG!!!

river rat

This could certainly open the door for Courtney and Jennifer Aniston to pursue their relationship.

Glo

I'm not surprised at all. I'm only surprised that it took 11 years to happen! Ashton & Demi are next!

Rebecca

oh my god ! it cant be true ! my favorite couple in hollywood !
courteney,be strong , we love you <3
and the haters : dont talk this way about courteney ok ?¬¬

we love you courvid .

TheDude

Darn,

These two seemed kinda right for each other. Hope things get better.

Shaydie

Maybe she misses Batman.

diogenes

She is a success. He is not.