Christina Aguilera

Splits from Husband

10/12/2010 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Something's in the water ... Christina Aguilera has split from her husband, Jordan Bratman ... TMZ has confirmed.

1012_jorda_christina_BN_Getty_01
The couple has been separated for a few months -- just like Courteney Cox and David Arquette.

There are no plans for divorce.  But it's yet another 5-year itch.  Ben Harper just filed for divorce from Laura Dern after 5 years.

Aguilera and Bratman have a 2-year-old son, Max.

The Aguilera/Bratman split was first reported by Us Magazine.

1012_christina_aguilera_jordan_footer

Sincerity

I have to wonder "who cheated on who" and with "WHOM"??? I really hope that the "lackluster" reception of her last album didn't play a part in their decision. At some point, you have to accept that not all of your creative endeavors will be successful and not allow your disappointments to torpedo your personal relationships. Ms. Aguilera is very talented and I wish her nothing but the best both professionally and personally. Her musically chops are right up there with the best of them!!!

ó|ó

it's a good time for wanna-be-left-alone celebs to announce divorces, the news will drown in news of other celebs getting divorced...

D-Ray Vision

Good for her... He has no chin...

Jonathan SuAnne

I SAW BRITNEY AND I GOT AUTOGRAPHS, HA BE JELOUS

Aron

Ha Ha, three famous divorces in one week. A friend of mine is also getting a divorce, so who is destroying the sanctity of marriage??

rene

Girurl, you bettea get a check on those hormones, judging by your videos they are ruling you. unhappy Much?

Marie

I heard the divorce drama is fake and that it's just a publicity stunt for her new movie Burlesque coming out in November.

Gui

Too sad. Its one marriage that I allways thought it would be 4ever. She allways seemed to be in love with him. God bless her... and her life.
I love her work!

lili

I AM HERE FOR U BABY!!I LOVE XTINA FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

fanboymagazine

Jesus Christ, this guy is ugly. I thought that maybe she saw someyhing in him (like money). What's he do, anyway? Clean pools? Where do you work when you've got a week-old beard and always look sloppy? Didn't he get married unshaven? Was that supposed to make him more manly or something? Maybe she found a guy who'll at least shave. Or change that ratty Gap tee shirt.

If I were him, I'd hang myself in a Motel 6 shower. There's no "I can do better than you, baby" after a chick like his wife. I think Jean Harlow's husband (#2) had a similar problem: life with a hot star when ya look like the Angry Monkey.

Donna

I never quite understood how they became a couple in the first place. She is out of his league!!!

TanyaB

OK, she just announced a few months ago she was bi. Maybe he was just as shocked as alot of people and could not deal with it. Good luck to both. I hope she finds the man/woman she is looking for.

Anonymous

I am a ture male fan of Christina Aguilera. I also am a huge male fan of Christina Aguilera. To see Christina Aguilera totally in the nude on purpose is my all-time #1 favorite way to see Christina Aguilera. Someday Christina Aguilera and I will meet each other on purpose. And yes Christina Aguilera and I will go out with each other on purpose.

Pretty LL

hatchet face

corymac

I am very sorry to hear of Christina Aguilera's separation...but I have to say that I truly do believe Christina Aguilera is a lesbian. I think she has strongly suspected this about herself but just has had to go through the denial process many lesbians have to go through before they finally get to the point when they can walk in their truth (i.e. trying marriage to a man). The reason I believe this about her is that all the signs are there: 1) During her single days, she would go Girl Bar (a lesbian hang-out) and make-out with women, 2) In previous articles, she has said that she is an art collector and has many female nudes all around her house (obvious appreciation of the female form), 3) She said that, after just 5 years of marriage, she and her husband have become "more like best friends". This is a very common occurrence when lesbians marry men. It happens because men just don't do it for them...women do. 4) She doesn't appear to be too broken up about the separation. Usually, when famous people split up, they let their pubicists do all the talking (e.g. Sandra Bullock), but Christina is already speaking about it, herself. I would say that this is because, for her, as it is with many lesbians when they end their marriages to men, the break-up of her marriage is actually quite liberating for her. Any of the factors in and of themselves can be explained as simple phases one goes through in ones life, but when put all together, methinks we are talking about a lesbian. I think she now knows that she is definitely a lesbian. My words for Christina Aguilera are these: Don't be afraid anymore, Christina...life is too short. Walk in your truth.