T.I. -- I Will Keep in Touch with Suicidal Man

10/14/2010 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper T.I. tells us he has "every intention" of staying in contact with the suicidal man he talked off the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta yesterday ... telling us he's determined to help the guy "get better."

Rapper T.I.

TMZ spoke with T.I. ... who tells us he first heard about the jumper on the radio and, "It summoned my heart, my spirit.  I said to myself ... I gotta help."

T.I. says he then proceeded to go to the scene ... and explains, "I just asked the officer if there was anything I could do to help resolve this peacefully."

The cops told the jumper that T.I. wanted to talk to him ... but the jumper didn't believe it at first, so "to assure him that it was really me they recorded a video message on the cop's cell phone and took it up to him ...15 minutes later the guy came down peacefully."

T.I. says he told the man, "I want to speak to you, and that it's not that bad. I'm willing to do whatever it is to help the situation, but I can't do that unless you help me help you."

Once the man agreed to move from the ledge to the lobby, T.I. says he told the man, "No matter how bad things get they get better ... if you unplug the game then you don't get extra men ... when it gets bad, you feel bad, but it can get better."

T.I. insists he wants to stay in touch with the man -- saying, "I'll do anything I can to help things get better."

As we previously reported, the suicidal man was taken into police custody -- but we're told authorities are not expected to press any charges against him.

Gladhe8her

Great job T.I.

anon

I love you T.I. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty LL

I'm still questioning this one. Interesting timing for T.I to be a very public good samaritan. I HOPE he did it out of the kindness of his heart though

Delivery Man

they both should have jumped!

Kaybird

It is nice to read something positive about a celebrity. I love catching people doing something good for the world.

SUN

He saved a life- God has bigger pland for him.

TamTam

TI must think the world is crazy to believe this B*llsh*t story, I wonder how much TI paid this man. Sorry dude aint no judge going to have any mercy on you for this stunt...do your time bro.

pops

Hahaha, your still going to jail tomorrow loser. The judge won't fall for this fake shiz.

CarolynAB

Good work, T.I., but the police officer deserves a commendation, too. He used his cell phone to help diffuse the situation and allowed T.I. to become involved. Good instincts, good work.

Sultry

Yeah right! he needs to keep in touch with the guy to be sure he pays him the money for pulling off that stunt and to pay any lawyer fees he may encounter and to be sure the guy doesn't talk. scams.... y i outta!

Tikiman1

What a scam! If you believe this I know a Prince that would like you to help him move his money.

SERIOUSLY !!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!!??? This is a huge PR stunt that is going to back fire on TI big time!
Makes me wonder:

1. New CD coming out?
2. New Video coming out?
3. Part of his court mandated 'community service'?

However ... if this really does work ... ALL celebrities need to be 'on call' as part of THEIR court mandated community service they have to fulfill for crimes against the state. \ARE LISTENING LINDSEY? PARIS? ... etc. etc. etc.

Sono

Holy Publicity Stunts Batman!What a coincidence that something like occurs so close to yet another trial for TI.

Let us not forgot that this is the same individual who was looking to buy silencers for automatic rifles (for which there is only ONE purpose for owning) and who was recently driving around while intoxicated. Though much like R. Kelly, his fans affinity for his music somehow overrides his transgressions against society...

Ellis