Barbara Billingsley Dies

10/16/2010 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Billingsley -- best known for playing June Cleaver on "Leave It to Beaver" -- passed away this morning. She was 94.

1016_barbara_billingsley_bn_getty
A spokesperson says Billingsley died early Saturday at her home in Santa Monica. She had suffered from a rheumatoid disease.

According to her Wikipedia page, her hobbies included tennis, gardening and dining.

She was also fluent in jive.

diogenes

Ohh, Ward. Hope she had a happy live. RIP, prayers.

GC

A Class Act, Rest In Peace Mrs. Cleaver.
I so remember LITB as a kid.

janet

R.I.P. God bless you. Thank you Mrs. Cleaver.

Susana

Noooo! This is so sad : ( RIP

jj

Not one snarky comment yet - this must be a record for TMZ readers! RIP, Mrs. Cleaver. You're my all-time favorite TV mom!

Chia

Rest in Peace Barbara.

Condolences to her family and friends.

gutsygirl

A simpler time. Family was everything. Values mattered.

Where'd we go wrong, June Clever? (Bless your soul)

Glenda

What a wonderful woman to watch doing her craft.

She always knew Eddie Haskel was bull****ting her, but to ladylike to bust him on it.

Rest in Peace Barbara

Gene

I am addicted to Leave it to Beaver, I watch it over and over, especially Seasons 1,2 and 3. I have Leaver it Beaver marathon weekends, where I get the sets on dvd from my local library and watch all day and night. I know this sounds crazy, and maybe it is, but I do so love Leave to Beaver (1957-1963).
I adore Barbara Billingsley. When Hugh Beaumont died I just felt so bad. Leave it To Beaver first began broadcasting in October 1957, two months after I was born. Maybe that's why I love it so much. Ms. Billinsley was the portrait of the "ideal" American Mom. And she was a really good actress too.

SantaFeJack

A class act on and off screen. Good long life, too.

Gary

I feel like I lost a "second" mom. Nobody EVER vacuumed as well as you did while wearing a pearl necklace and heels! RIP and let someone else do the housework for you... :-(

dennishm2

We need more parents like the Cleavers. Loving and concerned for theirs and others children. Where have you all gone?

johnrunion

i wish i had of had the chance to tell Ms. Billingsley how much her work, her character, her show and how much she as a person mean to me. a huge part of my childhood is gone forever. due to a hollow in her neck and camera and lighting being what it was back then she wore the pearls to disguise this physical flaw. as tony dow and jerry mathers grew she wore the heels to continue being taller than they. initially she wore flats. the cleavers were not perfect. just watch the show and you will see. ward and june tried their best. they made mistakes and they acknowledged them and tried to make amends. this was a long time ago, back when tv often tried to set a good example instead of wallowing in the mire as it does now. it was back when tv attempted to give us something to aspire to and didn't merely attempt to pull us into the gutter. during the time of the series, ms. billingsley was a working, single mom to two boys.

Paul

SHE was AIRPLANE!

dd

@19 Barbera Thank You everyones mom is not a hoochie..