Michael Jackson's Name Restored to School

10/16/2010 9:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's name once again is on display at Gardner Street Elementary School after the boards covering his name were removed.

1016_michael_jackson_auditorium_exp
As TMZ first reported, a group of Michael Jackson fans had petitioned to get the sign uncovered. The sign had been in place from 1989 until 2003, when it was covered up due to the child molestation charges against Jackson.

The sign was unveiled yesterday, where a member of the Los Angeles Board of Education said, "It's important for the district to value the artistic impact and humanitarian contribution that will be the lasting legacy of Michael Jackson."

Bilal

This great news, every Tv news station around the world should be watching this as the boards come down in Michael Jacksons honor. Plus an apology from the school should be issued along with an apology form each Tv news station for ranting lies and acusing this man when they did not really know the truth of extortion.

but as you know time and time again, that if positve news comes out involving Michael Jackson, a media publication must always rain on his parade by trying to portray him, or his family in a negative light. Unbelivable? watch for an example next time "good news" on Jackson or his family comes up.

Marie

In your face Gavin Arvizo,Jordan Chandler,Jason Francia,Diane Dimond,Tom Sneddon,Larry Feldman,Gene Simmons,Moby ****,the Neverland five,Adrian McManus,Stacey Brown,Nancy Grace,Maureen Orth,June Chandler,Peter King,Raymond Chandler,Blanca Francia,Janet 'crazy' Arvizo,Jay Leno,Star 'fatty' Arvizo,Davellin Arvizo,Chris Rock,Oprah Winfrey,and the media spreading lies about the king of pop everyday.You all lost the fight to destroy Michael Jackson's gentle spirit.His spirit will never be destroyed because his innocence has been proven by God's will and kids all over the world this year and for centuries to come have learned to love him flaws and all and appreciate his musical genius.
Rot in Hell,Evan Chandler!!!Your delusional plan to have Michael Jackson never be able to sell his music failed miserably.You did not get to destroy his career after all.How does it feel to be a loser in life and in death?

tishMJfan

Well said by comment #15...I agree TOTALLY....

MiMi

Well, I guess it´s good. But I don´t think the school deserves Michael´s name.
They should never have accepted his money, then covering his name. AT LEAST they should have removed the boards when Michael was found NOT GUILTY on all counts. They should have done it then, while Michael was still alive.

Posted at 9:30 AM on Oct 16, 2010 by Siggisis

-------------------------------------------------------

I totally agree Siggi

Although I am happy the stupid boards were removed, I am saddened that this did not occur sooner, especially while Michael was still alive to see it.

His name never should have been covered to begin with.

KC

Wonderful News! Michael Jackson receives the recognition he so deserves. Love You More MJ ~ KC

KC

Wonderful News! Michael Jackson finally gets the recognition he so deserves.

Love You More MJ ~ KC

Kathy

Finally something positive. This is just the beginning. "It's All For Love. L.O.V.E." Michael's message to everyone in this world. Michael, You will never be forgotten for all the wonderful and selfless things you did for this earth. I love you with all of my heart and to the deepest depths of my soul.

Phantom of the Opera

Michael Jackson 20th Anniversary Gardner Elementary Dedication + Luckiest Kid In School

MichaelJACKSON

First of all, I thank MICHAEL JACKSON for his generous, mangificient, golden heart...I thank him for just being him. He is genuinely missed.

I thank Michael Jackson fans who made calls, wrote emails, signed petitions and oput their heart to seeing the day that Michael's name is uncovered. HERE WE ARE! BRAVA!

I thank Gardner Elementary to being open to listen to us and doing the right thing. We are grateful. Thank you, thank you.

I thank TMZ for giving fans a greater platform to be heard. Thank you TMZ, we apppreciate it.

What a spectacular day! Since Michael died, this is the FIRST day I felt like he is smiling down from Heaven, proud of his fans and saying "I love you"....and tearfully, we respond "WE LOVE THE MOST, MICHAEL"

Mikey

Should read: Michael Jackson Nambla Auditorium

Melinda

When they covered up his name they should have given back his money.

mysteria333

WOW,, WOW ,, WOW,, THATS ALL I CAN SAY!!!! THE MICHAEL JACKSON FANS WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE ,, I BOW TO YOU ALL ,, KUDOS ,, KUDOS ,,!!!! A WRONG HAS BEEN RIGHTED !!!! YES ! YES ! YES ! AND DONT WORRY MICHAEL SEES ALL OF THIS... AND AS YOU WELL KNOW HE LOVES YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH !!!!! WOW !!!! I'AM DUMBFOUNDED !!1 THREE CHEERS FOR MICHAELS FANS ,,, WOW !!!!! I HAVE TO GO NOW AND DANCE AROUND THE ROOM AND SCREAM A LITTLE BIT ,, NO SCREAM A LOT !!! NOT TOO MUCH THOUGH ,, NOT WITH MY OLD BUTT ,,,WOW !!!!!

Siggisis

Posted at 12:51 PM on Oct 16, 2010 by Phantom of the Opera

Thanks, PotO. Wow, was he cute!

And P.S. shut up, Dustin. It is just plain dumb to keep comparing the OJ case and the Michael Jackson case. Those cases are totally different. The OJ case fell because of mishandling of evidence by the police.
In Michael´s case there was some tampering with evidence and change of time-lines by the prosecution. But even that couldn´t bring a conviction. Michael was totally innocent.
I bet you haven´t even bothered to look into the cases. You are just here because you enjoy talking about pedophelia. Quite Yukkie, if you ask me.

mysteria333

OK ,, I DID MY LITTLE JIG AROUND THE ROOM TO CELEBRATE MICHAELS NAME BEING RESTORED TO THE SCHOOL....THAT WAS RATHER ENERGIZING !! WELL MICHAELS FANS HAVE GIVEN ME SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT TODAY.......THANK YOU MICHAELS FANS,,,,,,THAAAAAANK YOU...I LOVE YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU......WOW!!!!!!

Jody

Awesome awesome awesome, about bl**dy time, its ridiculous how long this has been covered up.. Just a shame it wasn't uncovered when MJ was still alive.. Congratulations to the hard work of all the MJ fans who fought for this uncovering, it was a long fight..