Michael Jackson's Name Restored to School

10/16/2010 9:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's name once again is on display at Gardner Street Elementary School after the boards covering his name were removed.

1016_michael_jackson_auditorium_exp
As TMZ first reported, a group of Michael Jackson fans had petitioned to get the sign uncovered. The sign had been in place from 1989 until 2003, when it was covered up due to the child molestation charges against Jackson.

The sign was unveiled yesterday, where a member of the Los Angeles Board of Education said, "It's important for the district to value the artistic impact and humanitarian contribution that will be the lasting legacy of Michael Jackson."

Siggisis

Just boycott this Oprah-woman. She is all about gossip - not much substance to her.
I can´t stand her. And if she is including Michael´s children in her "show", I´ll go further and say that I loathe her.

Phantom of the Opera

Disgraced D.A. Building Sneddon

Cathy

I think this is a good thing. I know some fans are pissed that it ever came to this at all, but I understand why they covered his name in the beginning. When he was accused of these particular crimes, they really could not allow his name to remain up there. So I don't blame the parents for requesting the cover up or the school board for doing it. Should they have restored it immediately after he was acquitted? Probably, but I get why they didn't.

I think it's such a shame that Michael's name will forever be connected with the molestation charges, but hopefully in time that connection will fade - even if it never goes away completely. I'm glad to see that people are now making an effort to view things more objectively.

I don't believe that Michael molested children (and I base that conclusion on the total lack of convincing evidence and nothing else), but whatever faults he did have I think are outweighed by the good he did for others in this lifetime. And he did plenty good. It's nice to see that recognized in public.

K

Well done fans. It is only right.

Breakofdawn

That should have been done before he died but nevertheless, I´m very happy and proud that his name & reputation so unfairly tarnished to be restored!!!Michael´s fans are the best fans in the world!

Marky of London

At long last. Michael Jackson will be smiling down from the heavens. God bless all the fans who loyally and steadfastly continue to fight the good fight and honour this man's legacy. He always said that he had the greatest fans in the world and he was right.

Marky of London

At long last. Michael Jacskon will be smiling down from the heavens. God bless all the fans who loyally and steadfastly continue to fight the good fight and honour this man's legacy. He always said that he had the greatest fans in the world and he was right.

Marv

It's about time! Michael Jackson will always be known for his innovation in dance, music video, also his humanitarian and environmental efforts no matter how much the stupid media try and hate on him. I will love and miss Michael forever!

This is really GREAT NEWS!!!

mysteria333

OHWELL----THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL RESPOND TO YOUR HATRED AND CRUELTY...BECAUSE I REALIZE THAT ITS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT...I JUST SAID A PRAYER FOR YOU BECAUSE IF GOD CAN FORGIVE YOU THAN SO CAN I...THE PROBLEM IS.... THAT YOU LOVE MICHAEL TOO ,, AND BECAUSE OF THE DIFFICULTY IN YOUR LIFE YOU FEEL BITTER AND WANT TO LASH OUT AND HURT OTHERS....WELL BELIEVE IT OR NOT THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO TRULY CARE ABOUT ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER THIER FAULTS...MICHAEL IS ONE AND SO AM I...IT IS SO EASY TO HIDE BEHIND A MAKE BELIEVE NAME AND INSULT PEOPLE AND SAY CRUEL THINGS ,,, IT'S CERTAINLY NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF...I'AM GOING TO ASK YOU AS ONE HUMAN BEING TO ANOTHER TO STOP YOUR CRUEL ATTACKS ON MICHAEL... HE'S NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE...HE IS JUST PLAIN NICE....TRY IT JUST ONCE ,,, IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD TO BE KIND FOR A CHANGE...YOUR CRUEL REMARKS ABOUT ME DOES NOT MATTER ,,, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU AS A SIBLING ,, AND I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE TROUBLED... BUT PLEASE BE KIND TO MICHAEL HE'S SUFFERED ENOUGH FOR NO REASON BUT OTHERS GREED...I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS...

julie

At last! There comes the time of acknowledgement that our beloved friend was never a child molester. Justice and Truth will prevail.

CLEAR MICHAEL'S NAME ONCE AND FOR ALL! WE ARE FED UP WITH ALL THE LIES WHICH EVENTUALLY AND SADLY ENOUGH LED TO HIS UNTIMELY DEATH!
WE LOVE YOU AND WE WILL SUPPORT YOU MICHAEL UNTIL YOU ARE FULLY RESPECTED FOR THE GENIUS YOU WERE!

HOPING YOU CAN FEEL ALL THE LOVE FROM WHERE YOU ARE!

LOVE YOU Mr JACKSON! YOU WERE THE GREATEST!

chanel

GREAT!!!!!I'm so happy for Micahel and his family!!
That is really a good news!

StarlaM

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

MJFan4Life

I'm really not sure how I feel about this. First, MJ's name should have never been covered. But, it should have been uncovered when he was PROVEN NOT GUILTY!

Where was the fans say in 2005 after the trial to get his name uncovered? How come all of a sudden after MJ dies, you want to uncover his name?

Everyone jumped on the MJ bandwagon when he died. While I'm glad his estate is doin' good for his children and family, I'm sad they didn't show this support while he was still alive.

So now that leaves me to think this school is just uncovering to probably gain attention and maybe even join the others in profiting off of Michael's name.

Either way, I'm still happy for Michael Jackson and his family. I also applaud the ones behind this. But still confused why this wasn't done sooner...

mj is the sexiest man ever

wow wow wow wow. michael jackson rocks and he is the best .his fans also rocks and they are the best fans.oh my god we are waiting of the comeback of the king mj also.l.o.v.e keep the faith always