« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike Tyson Sued for $25 Million

10/18/2010 6:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mike Tyson is being sued by the photographer who claims the former heavyweight champ beat him down last November ... and he's asking for a whopping $25 million.

Mike Tyson sued.
As TMZ previously reported, Tyson was arrested after a run-in with a photog at LAX. Tyson was initially booked for misdemeanor battery, but the L.A. City Attorney officially rejected the case, citing "insufficient evidence."

According to the civil lawsuit, the photographer -- Antonio Echavarria -- claims Tyson attacked him, hit him with a closed left fist, and broke his camera. Echavarria also claims he suffered a concussion and strain to his spinal cord.

He's asking for $25 million in damages.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

wondering

the photographer pap should just count his blessings and be glad he came out of it with both ears intact

go home!

Yeah, good luck with that one buddy. Photogs like that should be jailed.

SaraBellum

He suffered all that, eh? Yeah, right.

Majestik

Jeez, I feel sorry for anyone in California that needs the legal system, with all the DV's, Assaults and other numerous charges being sued for it court its a wonder that anyone can get proper justice.

SantaFeJack

Ah, the old Whiplash game. Either that or it was one heck of an expensive camera!

stunna

Mike does not have that kind of $. Too bad the lawyer will ant it all.

Andolini

yeah..that dude is lucky he's still walking!! Piss Mike off and something's gonna get broke..just be glad it was your camera and not your face..walk away a winner and not a weiner...

dumas1000

What? did he eat someone's children or something?

Scott

If I were Mike I would countersue for 25 Million.

If I remember correctly the pap (great name for them btw reminds me of pap smear very gross) was very aggressive to the point of bumping the stroller with his child in it.

I may not be a Mike Tyson but if the pap smear did that to my child of course I would react. Now thats think Mike is not all there to begin with it looks to me like he was looking for a payday not a photo.

Team Mike all the way, I just wish he bit his ear off.....

JLS

What a load of crap here. Rich celeb=bogus lawsuit. If you are keeping count, you'd better conjure up a spread sheet at this point. If you have any money, you are a target of these creeps.

Missy

25 million? Gimme a break! I HATE people who abuse the court system like this! Hope it gets thrown right out! Anyone with a brain would know not to go sticking a camera near Mike Tyson. He got what he asked for!

Slutty Whores Rock

Frivolous lawsuit #2,530,903.
Yo Julio, MT doesn't have $25 let alone $25 mil.
Second, if he put even half a beatdown on you, you'd be dead.

Go MIKE!!! PAPS SUCK

Good! Too bad the pap is still able to walk. Sorry jerk didn't learn his lesson I guess! I hope he ends up paying over 1 mil. in attorney's fees, has to file bankruptcy, then resort to living in a box and the whole case gets thrown out for lack of evidence. What a worthless pos.

wasted days and wasted nights

Well, if he suits up and shows up to settle this with Mike in the ring, maybe...

ChillzReborn

Antonio Echavarria? $25 million?! Is this douche Oksana's new boyfriend? They seem to think alike.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments