Mel's Lawyers Want a Shot at Oksana's Key Witness

10/19/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva has enlisted a secret weapon in an attempt to strip Mel Gibson of overnight visits with their daughter, but TMZ has learned Mel won't give up that right without a fight.

1018_mel_oksana_EX_GETTY_01
We're told Mel's attorneys have filed a request to depose Dr. Shawn McCoy, a licensed clinical social worker who specializes in child custody evaluations.

Sources tell us McCoy was hired by one of Oksana's previous lawyers -- and submitted a declaration to the court ... which said that, generally speaking, infants should not be with the father overnight when the parents are separated.

Oksana's attorneys could have a tough time convincing Judge Scott Gordon of that. We're told Mel's had one overnight visit with Lucia per week for the past several months and there have been no problems -- so his attorneys will argue that McCoy's generalization simply does not apply here.

Sources tell us yesterday Judge Gordon gave Mel's lawyers the green light for the depo.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Previous 15 Comments | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97

shyone

George Clooney makes my skin crawl. I'm probably the only woman alive that feels that way.

Posted at 12:48 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree. He has a stoned face appearance. Nothing beneath the surface.

Posted at 4:42 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by big chief
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Count me as another who doesn't think Clooney is attractive. However, I think he is very funny at times, like he was in "Brother Where Art Thou?"

fuddyduddy

Extra hug for Sam and a shot glass on the side for Fuddy.

How's everyone doing this lovely day?
(I'm in a disgustingly good mood 'cause I finally finished trimming a a whole heap of bushes without lobbing off anything vital from myself. =D)

Posted at 2:42 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by Curious
________________________________________________________________

Hi there!

I need that shot glass with something in it! Just had 4 boys in my house all in the age of 10-12 and I'm catching my breath! Too much for this 52 year old mother to handle! I guess I shouldn't complain though. I should feel good that they like hanging out here, but dang I get worn out and my grocery bill has gone up! Not to mention it cuts into my TMZ'ing! LOL!

Tellthetruth59

@Sam - speaking of Iphone apps -- you can play poker with Anna Chapman. TMZG? Are you listening?

Those who are skilled enough to beat her at a game of trickery and bluffing will be let into the inner sanctum of her life: "An exclusive collection of Anna's photos in which she flaunts posh outfits and allows a glance at her social life with parties, shopping and more." She will "open her Facebook page for the luckiest players" and will also maintain a personal blog, according to the application's description.

I know TMZG probably already has it and working furiously trying to get into Anna's "inner sanctum" so he can see her in "posh" outfits and go cyber shopping with her. Once they become Facebook friends maybe he'll cut us some slack. Right TMZG? *g*

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Snorty,

"Little has been done aoub them"!! Maybe you haven't read (duh, do you ever?) but many of us here and other places have tried desparately to stop her. Have you read her posts, tried to reason with her? She is not in anyway going to change whatever it is she thinks, ok or not, violent or not. It's just the way it is: what do you think someone should do about it?? Burn the internet down is the only answer and that can't be done either!

fuddyduddy

Regarding the "charity" event. Perhaps you don't recall that Mr. Mel's lawyers questioned Miss Oksana most closely about exactly how much she made and where the proceeds went? The deposition upset her so much she called out sick the following day. This according to a TMZ article.

An article in Russia spoke about her staying at a very expensive hotel, skipping out on a check for dinner and missing her flight to Minsk because she was doing something ( I forget exactly what ) with her sister.

By the way, I'm Rabid, not Wingnut. =P

Posted at 2:48 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by Curious
________________________________________________________________

That was funny wasn't it! That was the day 'amba' was posting so much and we wondered why she wasn't in her deposition, and then TMZ posted an article that she called in sick and then it all clicked with us why 'amba' was posting! Remember that? Anyway, OG must have been getting upset with the questioning from Mel's attorney's on the charity-bit. Lawyers do have a way of asking questions and getting to the bottom of the matter, even if it gets uncomfortable.

I'm guess I'm a Rabid one, too. Wing nut is fine also. Better than a 'Num nut'! LOL!

fuddyduddy

New post up!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Hi there!

Posted at 4:56 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by fuddyduddy

I'm so jealous! I love kids that age! My son's friends all hung at our house. They'd have weekend marathons of D and D. It was swell.

Tell: whatever it takes to get the creep shut up! I'm so sick of the whiner. Let's hope he cracks into Anna soon!

fuddyduddy

Posted at 5:05 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by Sam
________________________________________________________________

LOL Sam! Your house sounds like it was the place to be, too. I'm glad they feel safe and comfortable here, and they don't mind joking around with me either! Boys are sure the little pranksters, aren't they! LOL! Ahhh--these will be my memories and I will enjoy them. I know that my son's dad would have loved to seen our son grow up, so I do feel blessed that God is allowing me to pick up the slack and be a mom. I'm teary eyed now...gotta go...

Sorntolc

I don't find Sornoic's posts hateful, but giving voice to those opinions that cause others to continue to doubt. That's not entirely unreasonable or without value for those of us that are convinced of our position and reasons for holding them. Where MG is spontaneous in his emotional reactions, Oksana appears to be very calculating and deliberate in her actions.

The pivotol point for me is not about DV or fidelity or safety of her children. Sticking with your abuser while trying to entrap him and create incriminating evidence just does not make sense. Most woman don't care about proving abuse; they just run from it, fast and far. Custody and concern for her children would have dictated a different set of actions, been more prominent in the negotiations, both before and after the meltdown, and would have resulted in her delegating the issue to a competent law firm to develop standards for visitation and overnites; instead we see $18 million billed so far in repeated efforts to increase child support, disparage him. No matter what happened, she, not he, has exposed her children to the battlefield of warring parents, and done so, in my book, unnecessarily.

The larger issue is what monetary compensation should a person of wealth and status be subjected to in situations like this. We have the Donald Bren case to look to recently as a guideline, also decided in L.A.

No one, I repeat no one, needs 20K a month child support. No one, I repeat no one, get's "accustomed to a life-style" in 2 years. No one, I repeat no one, requires 39 attorneys to handle their case.

Posted at 12:50 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by KWM

@KWM: I'm glad you believe that I'm not arguing from hate or something like that. I realize that Oksana has made mistakes, but still there are reasons to defend her & I won't overlook these reasons.

Honestly I believe the issue of DV is mixed with others, including monetary aspects of course. It's very common that victims of abusers hesitate to break free, even if there is danger to children, it often takes long before they feel confident to react. Women are often reallt underdogs when it comes so far & often go a long way to find a solution inside the family. Sometimes they also hold some cards on their hand & for Oksana the tapes gave a possibility to negotiate, as she believed that her evidence might make Mel understand that he should treat her better & go to therapy etc.

Yes manipulating is often the weapon of women & not always for the bad, if not destroying it can actually sometimes be to the benefit of all involved. Addicts often need to be carefully manipulated to break their habits.

How much Oksana & Lucia are intitled too is a complicated question. Against a very rich & powerful man she needs to be well equiped to have a fair trail. If not so it would be all too easy for rich men to engage & leave women without much responsibility.

The more power, the more responsibility is needed, else the rich man could just do as he pleased & pay his clever laywers to hold him free of legal troubles. One of the reasons Oksana has troubles about hiring a reliable team is because Mr. Gibson has widespread influence & many laywers dare not really go against him.

This is often the legal problem of the underdog & sometimes only when a charity or politically motivated organisation is willing to assist, it's possible to have a fair trail, as it was seen in the Scotsboro Boy's case.

Oksana surely needs good advicers not to be destroyed by Mel & I believe she has now teamed up in a good way.

happilywed

Have any of these thread ever had a list of famous men that are/were women/wife beaters?

I thought I'd start it here with the following reputed batterers:

1. John Wayne
17. Mike Tyson
18. OJ Simpson
19. Fatty Arbuckle
20. Scott Peterson
21. John Wayne Bobbitt
22. Richard Burton
23. Al Jorden and Marty Melcher (two of Doris Day's husbands)
24. Gary Dourdan
25. Sugar Ray Leonard
26. Wesley Snipes
27. Darryl Strawberry
28. Jerry Lee Lewis
29. El Debarge
30. John Daly
31. Tom Sizemore
32. Ralph Cramden

How many of these men were actually convicted or punished?

The point -- this is a fairly common crime over the years, hopefully less so in recent years.

However, how many famous extorsionists can you name?

The point? The only extortionist, other than gangsters from the 30's, whose name you think of is -----

All the other extortionists are known only as the fellow/woman who extorted [insert name of famous person here].

Sorntolc

Snorty,

Posted at 5:00 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by Sam

Apart from the great attention & influence, I know very well that some posters have seriously tried to argue or warn against Sweetheart. Some have also sent complants to TMZ & most of her posts have actually been deleted. So far, so good.

Many sites have though not deleted her posts & they keep intimidating both Mel & his family, but especially Oksana & Lucia. The only person that could really do something about it is Mel Gibson. A few words from him or his spokesmen could clearly dispel the worst allegations & impose the sites in question to delete the OCEAN/Sweetheart posts.

Freedom of speech is a good thing, but it doesn't include libels (injuries) & threatening speech. If Mel was aware of this, he could easily calm down the public tension, but perhaps he either doesn't bother or even benefits from the evil speech? Or perhaps some of the allegations are even true?

I don't hope so, but it would surely be nice to know for sure.

V

Most of those sites use/steal photos of models. The lonely men writing to them and foolish enough to send them money -- never actually meet them. Something that looks like Gloria Allred is probably their real pen pal.

Posted at 4:34 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by Tellthetruth59

---------------------

SO true, as I was reading some of those bride sites I wondered how many MEN owned the sites or mailbox drops or where the mail eventually goes. Seems like someone in Congress and the Russian government would have figured out a way to get some laws on the books that could help set some harsh deterrents in place and secure an avenue for revenue at the same time.

Made me think of those billboards for strip clubs so rampant in some parts of the US. Some of the billboards have been up for decades. You can see the same ladies advertised for different ones in separate states! And I always wonder if those women EVER existed in the first place or if they were just models. And if they did exist, what they must look like 30 to 40 years later?

bryann

Sam... yes Oksana and Dalton split in 1997, and they have a son together.
I remember Dalton being interviewed by Regis and was asked about his new baby, I think they said the baby was about 6 to 9 months old, and I remember when they asked Dalton what the baby was learning, he replied "SHE'S learning to fall down a lot" Little bits like that is what makes up my memory
================================================================
You´re wrong.I remember this interview and Dalton was talking about Alexander.He doesn´t have another child and he didn´t want other one.Also Oksana and TD didn´t split in 1997.They were still together in 2000.

poirot

JMO
Would not be surprised if Mels lawyers have the photo of OG and Hertzhog to show Judge Gordon to-day.

Previous 15 Comments | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97