'Happy Days' Stars

Pay Tribute to Tom Bosley

10/19/2010 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Henry Winkler and Scott Baio -- who both co-starred with Tom Bosley on "Happy Days" -- tell TMZ they are both shocked by his death ... but remember their former castmate as a "great man."

1019-henry-scott-tom-exd-01a

Winkler tells us, "I saw him before I ever got to Hollywood on Broadway, and he was great. And then I got to act with him for 10 years and he was great.  Tom Bosley was our mentor. He was a true artist ... a great husband, and a fabulous father and grandfather. He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten."

Baio adds, "He was a good man who taught me a lot about the business and business itself. He was a professional guy ... I'm sad."

UPDATE: Ron Howard tells TMZ,  "I'm so saddened by the loss of our wonderful Tom Bosley. Remarkable on so many levels, Tom's insight, talent, strength of character and comic timing made him a vital central figure in the Happy Days experience."

Ron adds, "A great father and husband, and a wonderful artist, Tom lead by example, and made us all laugh while he was doing it. My last conversations with Tom reflected the love of life and peace of mind that he always maintained throughout his full and rewarding life. I miss him already."

jus-sayin

Thank you for making me laugh, RIP, you will be missed

Yidmash

GROYS VOYL

kit

i love 2 watch happy days and liked him as the dad he is what all dads should be

WiddoMouse

He was such a classy gentleman. He will be terribly missed.

CCC

Good-bye Mr. C. May God bless your arrival.

Chia

You can tell the people actually said those things and they weren't spun by PR.

Rest in peace.

Lisa

RIP, Mr. C.

Mark in Kokomo

I'm saddened by the death of Tom Bosley. However, my trash bags are GLAD.

Sad Day in America

First Mrs. Cleaver and now Mr. Cunningham. Very sad indeed. You will both be missed.

sweetness5445

It is a sad day. Tom Bosley was wonderful as Mr. C and he will be sorely missed by all. RIP.

Lucky_130

O.K. we got Mr. C, and Mrs. Cleaver, thats 2

Monkey

God bless him and his family. What an icon!!!!

Old school TV fan

Tom Bosley was one of a kind- TV announcer, character actor, voice-over artist, game show panelist, etc. As Mr. C, he was father, uncle, patriarch and sage to all of those happy-go-lucky teenagers in Milwaukee. Afterwards, he was the none-too-bright Sheriff Amos Topper of Cabot Cove, in addition to being Father Frank Dowling. I also remember him as David the Gnome and Harry Boyle. To pay homage tp one of the great character actors of our time, we owe it to Tom Bosley to buy ourselves some Glad bags, then we can tell him, thanks for the memories, Tom.

Tina

I never had a father going up & Tom Bosley was how I always imagined my father to be. It's like loosing a father. The world will be a very sad place without him in it.

JLS

RIP now, Tom. Thank you for all the laughs and for your brilliant acting to entertain us. God is very lucky to have you with him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments