'Happy Days' Stars

Pay Tribute to Tom Bosley

10/19/2010 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Henry Winkler and Scott Baio -- who both co-starred with Tom Bosley on "Happy Days" -- tell TMZ they are both shocked by his death ... but remember their former castmate as a "great man."

1019-henry-scott-tom-exd-01a

Winkler tells us, "I saw him before I ever got to Hollywood on Broadway, and he was great. And then I got to act with him for 10 years and he was great.  Tom Bosley was our mentor. He was a true artist ... a great husband, and a fabulous father and grandfather. He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten."

Baio adds, "He was a good man who taught me a lot about the business and business itself. He was a professional guy ... I'm sad."

UPDATE: Ron Howard tells TMZ,  "I'm so saddened by the loss of our wonderful Tom Bosley. Remarkable on so many levels, Tom's insight, talent, strength of character and comic timing made him a vital central figure in the Happy Days experience."

Ron adds, "A great father and husband, and a wonderful artist, Tom lead by example, and made us all laugh while he was doing it. My last conversations with Tom reflected the love of life and peace of mind that he always maintained throughout his full and rewarding life. I miss him already."

your concience

Hypocrites !

Ed Gage

Like losing a close friend. Thanks for all the laughs. RIP

john

I saw him in LA one time. He was just walking around. He was smoking a cigarette with a cigarette holder that must have been six or eight ibches long. I had to laugh. He is part of TV history. Now he is part of history. Rest in Peace Mr. C.

Andrew

Tom Bosley was a smoker, and that's what caused his lung cancer and heart to fail. He voiced over the movie trailers in tv commercials, the pitchman for Glad, the voice of "David the Gnome", and spokesman for the "get rich quick company" SMC Corporation.

R.I.P. Tom "Howard Cunningham, David the Gnome, and Father Dowling" Bosley

eXecuTech

God Bless You, Mr. Cunningham!! Thanks for all the wonderful years of laughs and TV fatherly guidance! You will always be loved!

aelyecats

So sad! What did Angela Lansbury have to say?

RJ Hunt

It was an honor to meet him and talk with him, he was an honorary member of the Magic Castle in Hollywood, I used to see him there many times...very sad loss, thoughts to his family.

Annie

Rest in Peace Mr C. May your family be comforted during this sad time in knowing what a wonderful role model you were as a father in the series of Happy Days. You helped make the show a great success. You will be sadly missed.
Annie (Australia)

Andrew

Before "Happy Days" Tom Bosley voiced Harry Boyle on "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home" which you could say was kind of an inspiration to Seth MacFarlane's Peter Griffin of "Family Guy". Many say Peter Griffin ripped off Homer Simpson, but he's more closer to Tom Bosley's Harry Boyle. R.I.P. Tom.

Vin Wong

Happy Days was a wonderful TV series that brought back good memories of the 1950s and 1960...s. Tom Bosley was superb as Howard Cunningham.

afjioeqjioe

I hope Florence Henderson and Marion Ross can hang on a bit long. I am not ready to lose anymore of my TV parents right now.

note4

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Bosley. My condolences to those who loved him.

Horace Sague

I grew up in the fiftys as a teenager and HAPPY DAYS was as true as you could get to real as it was back then in the 50s
and MR C brought back memories of fathers i knew back then
fathers of kids i ran with . I hope GOD knows he has the #1 mom
and # 1 dad of television fame in Heaven REST IN PEACE MR C AKA TOM BOSLEY

Whiz

Compared to other family shows from the 60's and 70's his character came across as a real life father who knew that his children would not be perfect, was still trying to mess around with his wife and just be the best person he could be for his family. He will be missed.

Eileen Corbett

Tom Bosley was an icon on Happy Days.He was a father to all. He will be missed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments