Mike Lohan Swears Off Media ... In Statement to Media

10/20/2010 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan just released a statement to the media -- swearing he will no longer talk about his family in public ... right after this one last statement to the media.

1020_milo_zipper_BN_Getty_01

In the no-more-statements statement -- Papa Lohan declares, "I want to make a public statement that I will not be commenting on ANYTHING relating to my daughter Lindsay, or ANYTHING my ex-wife Dina, or any 'sources' related to her, might say."

He continues, "NO MATTER what accusations, lies or conjecture are disseminated to the public about me, for the sake of the ones I love and with hope of creating peace, I WILL NOT respond, in ANY way, to what is said or done, to me."

Michael concludes, "For the sake of those I offended, I apologize and ask their forgiveness ... So please refrain from calling or contacting me."

So there you have it ... the last time Michael Lohan will ever talk to the media about his family ... ever ... for the rest of time.

You believe him, right?

pammie8

What is this the billionth time he has said this?

Alan Carver

I suspect that this FRIDAY when Lohan is sent back to jail for thirty days, that ML will be right out front after his daughter is taken back to jail for the FOURTH (4th) time . . . he will not be able to keep his dumb-ass mouth shut. ML is going to do his same-ole schtick and start ranting and raving that his daughter need REHAB and not jail! Believe me, you, this man is an IDIOT and does not know right from wrong. He is a pathological liar. Just like his daughter, delusional, thinks it is everyone else that is to blame, and refuses to acknowledge his part in this family dramedy - he is a mess! Unfortunately this man does not KNOW HOW to shut his mouth and he'll continually keeping inserting foot A into mouth B! Just the way he is!

#TeamLindsay

So he's really going to buy a clue and shut the f*ck up already? If only we could be so lucky, but the pr*ck will be running his mouth to the tabliods before the end of the week.

Micheal Lohan is what is known as a dry drunk not to mention a control freak. His empty promises won't last a week.

Anonymous

Lindsay needs to make him sign a confidentiality/non disclosure agreement if he wants to have even one minute of her time. He has proven himself to be untrustworthy to everyone he's ever had in his life. He is a disgrace.

annie2

All I can say is: Time will tell. Maybe Lindsay indicated she would be open to talking to him if he made this statement and followed through with it?? I know, probably wishful thinking on my part. Unfortunately, I think until Lindsay talks to him (even if it to just yell at him), she truly won't have addressed ALL areas of her life that need addressing...

Sunny

Lindsays family week should include her father. Not for Micheal but for Lindsay. For her to deal with her addiction, part of it is dealing with her family. The best setting in the world for that would have been Family week. I'm not saying they should make up or build a new relationship but for Lindsay, dealing with all her issues helps HER. Her recovery is the important thing. That's what Family week is all about. Other than that, I think Michael should stay out of his daughters life until SHE requests it. If she ever does. Say what you want about her parents, they are who they are. Still, it's about Lindsay, not them.

lisa

Somebody tell me,serously does this man work?

Jake

STOP REPORTING CRAP FROM THESE IDIOTS !!! LET THEM GO AWAY. I liked the comment from the person who wanted them to die off (maybe not litterally). Go back to the hole from whence you came.

dumas1000

Michael Lohan was offered a role on Celebrity Apprentice, possibly(?), but I guess he was too "busy." And by busy, I mean too busy selling his soul to RadarOnline, X17 Online, TMZ, and I believe also the devil. Let's face it. Making money off of the demise of your own daughter, especially after you were one responsible for pushing her off the cliff in the first place, sure is hard work.

It would be nice if he could at least use some of that cash he made while shoving Lindsay under the bus to pay the thousands upon thousands of dollars in back child support payment to his two minor children, Ali and Cody. But with the way he talks, you would be lead to believe that he only has one daughter. Never would you think that he actually has two daughters and four children, but he makes no attempt to even pretend like he gives a damn about the other three.

Tina Sawyer

I can't believe I am saying this, but I really feel sorry for Lindsay. Dina an Micheal are the worst parents possible. Dina tries to set up interviews and photogs at rehab, Dear Daddy has used his child's problems to keep his presence in the media. The best thing they could do for Lindsay is to stay away and allow her to get the help she needs.

Joao

SHUT UP ALREADY. Even when this guys announces that he going to shut p, he keeps talking, gets his digs in, apologizes to the air. I'm sure he's done the AA or NA IA (Idiots Anonymous) 12 Step program where you're encouraged TO GO TO THE INDIVIDUAL and ask forgiveness AND make amends.

This guy has no shame, and has a serious disconnect with reality as shared by most people. Trust me, he didn't come to an epiphany, he was warned by someone that if he pulls one more stunt it's going down-HARD AND HEAVY.

Ryan

HAS HE NOT SAID THIS BEFORE

Jade evergreen

Dream on Michael you be speaking to media this weekend if your over spoiled daughter Lindsay has spend time in jail and so will white Oprah you're media whore just like your ex Dina who will also probably speak this friday and both parents who are liars and what job does Dina have beside living in denial about Lindsay and living off on Lindsay?

If Lindsay really stay clean off of drugs and booze for a year or so what she need do get rid of both parents and so they get off their lazy butt look for a job instead mooching off what left of Lindsay money

Cynthia J

M. Lohan is one of the sickest, poisonist, narcissistic human walking the face of the Earth. Truly, he is mentally ill. He tries to infect himself in his daughter's celebrity. He is no celebrity. God, Lindsay better avoid him like the plague. He doesn't love her. He uses her. He won't be able to shut-up for long. What an awful man/father.

Bea

Dina is not even a has been, she's a never was! & the sad part is, she still wants to be!what mother has in her contract that she has to be cast in her daughter's movies? what a sick b!tch!