Mel Gibson

Axed From

'The Hangover 2'

10/21/2010 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson has been cut from "The Hangover 2" because the cast was pissed at the notion he'd be in the flick.

1021_hangover_mel_2_BN_Getty_01
TMZ has been hearing about the discontent among cast members all day.  We've been told Mel had been cut from the movie.

Warner Bros. went radio silence for most of the day and finally surfaced, saying through director Todd Phillips, "I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of Jeff Robinov and his team.  But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew."

Translation -- they 86'd Gibson.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JANDEAN61

BJM

BlancheDevereaux

The only reason I would have gone to see it was Mel.

k

Finally people have the balls to stand up against bully/racist/homophobe/a'hole!!!!!!!!

Phreaky

So young Hollywood will turn their back on him when a lying gold-digger says he hit her, but not when he insults an entire ethnic group of people.
Interesting...

gutsygirl

Karma, baby!

cheebee

Whiney Babies.

Abe

In that case, I am boycotting "Hangover 2." I still like Mel and won't put up with any studio that blackballs him.

#TEAMMEL

x

Karma

and so it begins......lol...

Jon

...and George Soros is buying NPR to influence and further the liberal fascist agenda.
When You work for NPR and the money is coming from this billionaire You simply fall lockstep into His agenda

Ginger

I imagine they can consider their chance at being in a Mel Gibson movie forever gone. What a bunch of prima dona's. I hope their silly movie tanks.

RJ Hunt

Why even make a part 2...they are going to mess up a good thing...

christy

What a bunch of crapola! I was looking forward to this movie
with or without Mel, because I loved the first one. But because
they did this I will boycott it for sure. If anyone knows
how I can reach the powers that be that made this decision to let them know my protest

please post it.

angeleyes

Well I'd say it's their loss - Mel would be great in anything he decides to do - but with their bad attitude Why would he waste his talent on this bunch - They should hae dumped the cast who were discontents in my opinion -

Curious

Gee . . . I wonder if Mr. Mel can sue Miss Oksana now for loss of income.

Criss

What a bunch of babies. I might've seen it with Mel in it. Screw that.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments