Oksana's Lawyer: Mel Made Money from the Mediation!

10/21/2010 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

How's this for an argument ... Mel Gibson was the opposite of an extortion victim during his mediation with Oksana Grigorieva.  Mel actually made money off the mediation ... according to legal docs filed by Oksana's lawyer and obtained by TMZ.

1021_daniel_oksana_EX_TMZ_Getty_01

Oksana's lawyer, Daniel Horowitz, filed a declaration in the search warrant motion, stating, "Mel Gibson received a substantial financial benefit from the [mediation] agreement."

So how did Horowitz reach his conclusion?  He says the actual value of the mediation deal for Oksana was somewhere between $1.2 and $2 million -- not $15 million.

And, Horowitz says, Mel got a sweet financial deal by only giving Lucia $10 million under the mediation deal.  Horowitz says Lucia was actually entitled to 1/8 of Mel Gibson's trust -- money she would share with Mel's other 7 children.  But under the mediation, Oksana gave up Lucia's rights under the trust, which Horowitz says would have given her way more money than the $10 mil.

So his point -- How can you be an extortion victim when you make money?

Interesting.

SayWhat

BTW Whorowitz... If its your money to begin with and somebody doesnt take it... you dont "make money." You just keep what was originally yours.

This guy is such a weasel. No wonder he and the gold digger get along so well. Bottom feeders!

Diane

Looks to me like they are extremely worried about the extortion charges and have nothing but hot air to counteract it.

She did this all to herself. Like Harvey said, there will come an OMG time for Ox looking back at this realizing how disastrous her choices were.

She deserves no sympathy as she has proven to be the abuser of everyone around her including the authority of the judge.

diogenes

Horowitz's moto:
if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t.

kpacota

Those pictures make me want to take a bat to both of their heads. Is that the new Oxy Halloween mask? It looks like it's made from fiberglass.

Okay, we verified last night that Horrorwitless failed Logic 101. How did he get into law school. But to use his reasoning:

If I go into a gypsy bazaar with $10 and have a choice between spending my own money on a $4 item or a $2 item, and I choose freely to only offer $2, am I "making money" off the deal when I am only offering $2 of MY OWN EFFING MONEY???

Someone put him in the Rose Garden with her.

As for the trust... I would dissolve it too... and take the money and reinvest it in a new trust... call it ICONII and word it so that it is only for the children Mel and Robyn had in common. Whatever disposition Mel makes for any other child is his choice. There is no constitutional obligation in this country saying anyone is obligated to will their money to anyone.

"I'm fighting for the life of my child." Gag me.

Friend?

What else can Daniel Horowitz say when he´s Oksana´s lawyer? Admit that he´s wrong and grasping at a straw? I don´t think so!

Bippy

Have to give TMZ credit on how to boost responses on the site - just put a pic of Oksana on here and ZOOM-ZOOM-ZOOM!!!

fuddyduddy

Desperation

working mom 2

Just like I've said all along, it's alllllllllllllll about the MONEY and that's what it's been about from the begining.
If I EVER thought my child was in danger from it's father, I would have been down at the police station first thing, making sure he couldn't be near her for any reason! I would have had pictures taken of her and myself with the blood and the bruises to prove he had done this. She's full of crap, all she cares about is the money!!!

kpacota

Also... how did Mel "make money" off the mediation when he probably paid all the legal fees for the 2-day waste of time?

wondering

Horowitz, no one is buying your latest spin, so if this is the best you can do, then maybe its time oksana fires you and hires bozo the clown!

at least he has a nose that honks when you squeeze it!

kickaboo

Omg..someone paint this flucker's nose bright red and send him out with the other clowns! bwhahahaha!

Diane

Posted at 11:11 AM on Oct 21, 2010 by kpacota

-----------------------------------------

Good point! These people are just grasping at straws in a desperate last attempt to discredit Mel before the criminal charges come down.

all about the money

"Oksana gave up Lucia's rights under the trust, which Horowitz says would have given her way more money than the $10 mil."

So wait a minute...$10 Million for Lucia or for Oksana? Really any monies for Lucia should be put in a trust that Oksana has no access too. Otherwise Lucia's "birth right" will be spent and squandered by Oksana before Lucia even know's what money is for!!

Originalkat

SO her lawyer admits she was part of the deal and knew she was agreeing to 10mil for her daughters part instead of 1/8 the trust. Case closed...

NickSunset

Of course the Jewish Attorney says that, he has an agenda, to look good at the Synagogue. Just another Fat Lame attorney you can't trust that belongs chain to a cement block at the bottom of the Ocean.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments