'Hiccup Girl' Charged with First Degree Murder

10/25/2010 9:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Mee -- better known as "Hiccup Girl," after her appearance on the "Today" show back in 2007 -- was charged with first degree murder in Florida this weekend.

Hiccup Girl arrested - Jennifer Mee.
According to police, Mee was a key member of a robbery-gone-wrong Saturday night -- in which she lured a man into an ambush, in which he was robbed at gunpoint by two men.

Cops say the victim struggled -- and was shot and killed at the scene.

According to police, Mee and the other two suspects have "admitted to their involvement" in the crime -- and have each been charged with 1st degree murder.

All three could face the death penalty if convicted.

Mee became mildly famous after she appeared on "Today" back in 2007 -- suffering from a condition which made her hiccup 50 times a minute for five weeks.

Unlike her current situation, the hiccup thing just went away over time.

The Observer

The death penalty will cure her hiccups.

Superman

Watch her get a sweet deal because she's female, mildly famous, and she can testify against the others, but all the males of the crime get life or the death penalty!! Our justice system sucks ass!!

anni

She is already rocking the 'jailhouse' look. Good job honey

andy

"Celebrity Justice", . . . really??? Is there a new, previously untapped category of "Z-" celebs???

Her own parents had probably forgotten who she was until this recent arrest had taken place . . .

Kevin

I'll help lure someone to their death but I won't smoke pot. I have my standards!

S

Her partners in crime were Laron and Lamont. I think we know where this story is heading.

Maggie

What the hell is wrong with her eyebrows?? she should go to jail just for looking so stupid!!

ashley_baby727

I KNOW HER. i live in st.pete fl.. well i think she is a idiot for that she should of been hanging around better people .. she changed alot in the last few months so idk. but she could of been smarter. she is a nice person so idk how she could be THIS STUPID but i will post more with whatever i find out. & thanks tmz you guys knew before i did and i live here lol

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I once sat next to a doctor on a train so this makes me somewhat of an expert..she was not faking ..she had what the medical profession calls hickupidus..and the only way she could stop was to kill someone..so she is innocent..innocent

kristopher

"Cracked/ tweeked out trash." << Yep that sums it up. Whenever you hear about these set up robberies it's usually crack/coke/or meth addicts trying to get quick scratch. Plus the fact that her facebook page was filled with statuses like: "DIS WEEKEND IS FINA BE A GREAT WEEKEND. BAE GOT A SHOW THEN A AFTA PARTY. THEN ME N MY BAE GETEN A RENTAL N GOING 2 DA STRIP CLUB." really says a lot about her.

Ashley

I KNOW HERRRR!!she a idiot .. She just been hanging out with the wrong people.i guess she learned now but its TOO late.. might try and see whats up.. let people know more :] thanks tmz lol i just looked at my app im lke WTF?? lol tmz knew before i did and i live here and know her

Maggie

I love how she refused to smoke pot, but she will kill someone.

TDmama

Maybe this is just the first time she has gotten caught. Maybe armed robbery was the original cure for the hiccups.

n2d

Shocked but somewhat not surprised. All the FAME came too quickly too soon. For those people who think she did a lot of FAKING, its N-O-T true. I've got close ties. It did take alternative medicine to cure her. She made a very bad choice to hang with those thugs and didn't pull the trigger.

Eastender

When I get the hiccups, I can't even string a short sentence together. But, no, here she is yapping away and when she's done making a poing - hiccup. Such a faker.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments