T.I.'s Wife -- Charged with Possession of Ecstasy

10/29/2010 5:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the L.A. County District Attorney has charged  T.I.'s wife -- Tameka Cottle -- for possessing the drug ecstasy when the couple was arrested on Sunset Strip last month.

Tameka Cottle

If convicted, Tameka could face up to a year behind bars.

As we previously reported, the D.A. has elected not to prosecute T.I. for charges stemming from the incident, noting that the rapper will already be serving time in Georgia for a probation violation stemming from the L.A. arrest.

frankie

Darn if this is the best he can do for a wife ,he is hurting .She been beat with an ugly stick .

kwajlady

They're not prosecuting him but they're prosecuting her? Just another example of how arbitrary the justice system is. I work in the legal field and I see every day how unequal it can be. Whether it be money, status, fame, etc. But if they're not going to prosecute T.I. or whatever his name is, why prosecute her? I don't even know these people but really it is such an unjust system!

Raejean

That is a very sad-sack photo.

Truthy

Hope she gets some jail time. If she was a decent woman, mother and wife she and her husband wouldn't be using drugs. After T.I. spent a year in prison, you would think they would be at home spending time with the kids. They thumbed their noses at the law. Who cares about Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton - T.I. and Tiny KNOW BETTER than to embarrass their fans like that.

Carvey

She is amazingly unattractive. Woof!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

damn she has a great halloween face on,ooops when this was taken it wasnt halloween,,yikes he needs plenty of drugs to hit that..bet he is happy to be in prison if for nothing else to be away from that thing,and be around better looking guys

Weasel

Last time I say a face like that Michael Vick was training him to fight.

Passion

All I can say is that if she is sent to jail, I feel really sorry for her children. If they were with their kids more often, then they would not be having this issue. I can tell that the kids are not their number 1 priority. If she does go to jail, then the children will more tham likely end up with Tiny's mother. That is pityful because her mom is currently caring for her sickly father.

Anonymous

His ass would be taking the fall...

bebefj123

@5.....blacks get screwed in courts needless to say which is why they should not be out doing the same thing to get them there.

if they did it.. they MUST pay for it since they got themselves busted..

ignorance is a bliss when you look at the entire situation of these mentioned stars. and its there fault no one elses but there's for getting even involved.

if they know the courts are against them in race and guick to convict then why on earth do the crime anyway? and she's a mother at that! What a stupid AZZ

What judgement. Thats like blaming a rape victim. Its your fault you making time because you black and got caught. whites should pay for the crimes they commit too and make time. Your ideology is whats stupid and racist. Humans commit crimes and humans should be treated fairly regardless of color or status. These judges should be called out and challenged in court on their blatant biases. They should not be judges at all if they cant judge fair and show impartiality, obviously not men of their word-they took an oath. Telling any race to just not do crime is like telling people not to breathe. And a :that's what you get" attitude will come back to haunt you when its you on the other end of the law.

Jayzee

Damn, she is really ugly.

AJ Jackson

I attended high school with her, and I am saddon to say that she was a drug addicted dramma queen back then. It seems as if some people don't want to change.

kishaundra

I THINK EVERY BODY NEED TO MIND THERE OWN ITS JUST WEED THEY ACT LIKE THE MAN KILLED SOMEBODY OR IF TINY WAS OUT THERE BUT THEY NOT DONT TRIP T.I AND TINY THEY ARE SOME HATERS

chicknextdoor

I'm so completely tired of listening to whining about the "white man". This stupid woman's husband gets busted and is on his way to BACK jail and a week later she's arrested for drugs? Really? She's such an idiot that she leaves her house with drugs on her? Or was she scoring and got busted? At any rate SHE did the crime. WTF does that have to do with white people? Shame on her for being such a weak link and a horrible mother. Those poor kids don't stand a chance with such morons for parents.

DeeWA2010

What this DOES mean is that they are "Co-Defendants". Thus, they could say NO visitation while he's in prison.