What Oksana and Mel Are Really Fighting Over

10/31/2010 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The real fight between Oksana Grigorieva and Mel Gibson may not be about child custody at all ... we've learned the various lawyers who have been repping Oksana have been focused on a legal document created long before Lucia was born.

0928-mel-gibson-oksana-tmz-ex
TMZ was first to report the problem with the Icon Trust -- created by Mel and Robyn to provide for their seven children. The trust defines "issue" (aka children) as kids born from Mel or Robyn. When it was drafted, no one thought Mel or Robyn would have a child outside the marriage. Enter Oksana.

Sources connected with Mel and Robyn say no one in their family wants to screw Lucia out of her inheritance, but if she becomes a beneficiary in Mel's trust it would create some complicated tax issues.

So when Oksana and Mel broke up and struck a settlement deal during the mediation in May, the very first term reads, "Oksana consents to amendment of Icon Trust to exclude Lucia."

In return for excluding Lucia, Mel agreed to provide a financial package for the baby worth more than $8 million.

Sounds like a sweet deal. So why did Oksana disavow the mediation she signed? We're told the lawyers Oksana hooked up with after the mediation believed Lucia got royally screwed by giving up an interest in the trust. They told Oksana that Lucia would stand to get around $50 million under the trust agreement ... which they believe represents 1/8 the value of a $400,000,000 trust.

Sources connected with Gibson tell us the money in the trust is not even in the universe of $400,000,000 ... not remotely close.

But here's the deal. If Oksana's lawyers persist and Mel settles out of court, the attorney would get a percentage of the settlement. So they've convinced Oksana there's something in it for her ... and there's something in it for them.

KoalaBabe

Emerald yeah, he must be zonked out killed his wife and went out Naked.

We had case like that few years back, this dude lost it, killed his family then wandered off stark naked.
He doesn't even remembered how he did the killing, he ended becoming resident of Grayland psychiatric ward

KoalaBabe

Pray for mel/ me/ Team Lucia /Scotty is still all upset because Mel said the Jews killed Jesus in The Passion of The Christ.... So she isn' too concerned with the facts and Just likes to pout about her life at the trailer park, and the fact that because of her deep psychological problems has made her an outcast at the trailer park...Now Scotty... you get your crayons and go join the rest of the people at group.....off you go now...

Posted at 8:27 PM on Oct 31, 2010 by Shuffle Demon

Shuffle Demon the trolls either banned or asleep lol.

You can tell when they are banned it's quiet here, and the chats is enjoyable.

KoalaBabe

I have to leave in 5 minutes, afternoon shift today.

Shuffle Demon

Shuffle Demon the trolls either banned or asleep lol.

You can tell when they are banned it's quiet here, and the chats is enjoyable.

Posted at 8:35 PM on Oct 31, 2010 by KoalaBabe
------------------------------------------------------
Thank You again Jesus....Looks like I owe you one....

Shuffle Demon

ah I see.. well you have a good one then KB...and thanks for the tip!

angeleyes

Emerald - you are right that a charity donation is tax deductible - the advantage is that whether its a Living donation or Estate donation the individual can give it to the charity of your choice where you feel it will do the most good in an area that you have an interest in. Otherwise the money goes to taxes for the government to do with as they please -

Personally my interest is in funding bursaries for university students in a particular discipline for perpetuity. As education becomes more and more expensive for families I feel many kids who are bright could use the help and may not have the financial advantages needed to remain and excel.

emerald

Koalababe You've got to wonder what the hell got this guy so mad he decided to kill his wife after less than 2 weeks of marriage though? He probably doesn't know why he did it himself if he's wandering the streets naked, it makes you wonder what goes through these peoples heads that they can't just walk or run away from an argument rather than ruin their lives and many others by senselessly killing their loved ones!! As you say though the dude out your way was committed to a psychiatric hospital afterwards!

emerald

Night KoalaBabe have a good one hugs

kali

nite kb :)

Shuffle Demon

Scotty-
I find it hilarious that as soon as I show up, here comes Scotty on my heels, and as usual talking about my PhD. What fascination you have for me! Thank you! You're right, I'm a novice, but in Karate where I just cracked my ribs sparring with a higher belt, so please spare me because laughing this hard hurts! BTW, be careful with your assumptions, Scotty boy. Lighten up and enjoy life a bit, you might find yourself less bitter.

Posted at 8:36 PM on Oct 31, 2010 by IA
-------------------------------------------------
IA....Scotty /me/Team Lucia /Pray For Mel is actual female (my apologies to all you other women, I am sure you all have way more class) Just in case you didn't know.... and Scotty will claim they are this ir that and ever other thing under the sun, but when you are as delusional as that you get to be which ever personality your little heart desires

Shuffle Demon

Scotty-

Posted at 8:36 PM on Oct 31, 2010 by IA
-------------------------------------------------

Shuffle Demon

Damn double post...lol, ah well...o.k. well I am out as well... night everyone!

ic

What is wrong with her lawyer...she is not going to win...take the money and run...the tide has turned and we are all tired of this gold digger....she set him up from the start and if he wants to go on living he better not put that kid in his will...the Russian mob will get rid of him in a minute to grab that money..

emerald

Hiya Shuffle Demon, not sure if you're aware from the posts yet but fuddyduddy reported "me" twice yesterday and got some of those sick posts being made last night removed lol!! Much kudos to her as by the time I left it was getting even sicker!!

emerald

Right guys I have to leave, it's been fun, have a good one all Team Mel hugs

Previous 15 Comments | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments